Is alcohol good for you?

Is alcohol good for you?

• Yes

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Depends on the person or circumstances.

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

dream431ca

Reaction score
There have been many studies going around to answer the question is alcohol good for you. Some say yes..some say it depends on the person and on the circumstances. Both sides said that, too much alcohol is no good for you but a moderate amount can be good, but moderate depends on the person.

2 drinks a night does the heart good. Alcohol will deplete your body of Sodium (eat fries before drinking to help avoid hangover) So a moderate amount will help lower your sodium, thus helping the heart drastically. As long as theres no overconsumption the liver will be able to deal with it fine.

I vote no..because...I've never heard yes by anyone :p

SpuD!!!111125r

Haven't seen you in a long time!

Yes, alcohol in moderation is a good thing. Although, when you binge, the benefits are totally lost. 2 or 3 drinks a day is what the UK government recommends.

www.drinkaware.co.uk

Very small amounts can be good for you. And I suppose it depends on the alchohol.

Depends on the person or circumstances.

So thats a yes. Unless your drinking MoonShine or EverClear :eek:

Alcohol helps you get laid, therefore is good for you.

-Angry Lawyer

beer and wine are good for you ...in small dosages ..a six pack isnt a small dose

Is a bottle of scotch a small dose? Because I've been known to go through one quite quickly on bad days.

-Angry Lawyer

In small portions. Too much destroys the liver, to little limewashes the veins.

No matter what the results, you cant use it as justifacation to drink.

Don't try.
Drinking within moderation is okay I guess.

Who said I needed a reason to drink beyond that of "I damn well love it"?

-Angry Lawyer

When it comes to alcohol the answer is always yes.

Hellll yes!

On that note. I'm off to the pub!

btw.. voted third option... because my liver hurts recently...

Depends on the person or circumstances.

There is a reason alcohol is restricted to certain ages after all.

However, I'm a bit of a binger so the alcohol isn't personally doing me any good. :p

xLostx said:
When it comes to alcohol the answer is always yes.

Yes.

Yes, you will become in alchoholic.

Yes, you will die in a car accident that kills other people.

alcohol makes you happy! without that, life would be pointless and dull.

(too much is stupid tho, makes ya an alcoholic, of course)

Casual drinking of 1 or 2 beers, or a large glass of red wine a day can be quite good for you for reasons people have already posted. Just don't get drunk and there really won't be any negative health effects.

Right, I'm changing my vote to no because I just had a load of alcohol and now I'm drunk and I really think alcohol is not a good thing.

One day I will substitute alcohol with litres of hot water, like when I revised for exams, but until then, I will continue to get pissed.

No it's not good for you at all.

Good thing we aren't moral people.

ok the first thing you have to know when deciding this is alcohol is a POISION the second it actually can be good for yor heart but what of the people with coriosis of the liver so it is basically a question is 2 drinks to many how many should you drink a week a year?

Alcohol is always good for you. Anybody who says otherwise is in on a neo-prohibitionist conspiracy to keep you blind to the truth. You know those supposed alcoholics? It's a lie. A secret organization monitors alcohol intake levels and when they see somebody who does a lot, they snatch him up and condition dependence and aggression into his psyche. Then they release them (after whiping their memory, of course) so the world can point fingers and blame alcohol.

If it wasn't for alcohol, I wouldn't have coded Zombie Master.

-Angry Lawyer

MuToiD_MaN said:
Drink Guinness for Health! It's high in vitamin G!

Good for what ails yeh. *apologies to Irish for murdering accent*

*orders pints of Guinness for Pes and Skaadi to get them to stop squabbling*

Back