Joining Army/Air Force

Kyorisu

Tank
Reaction score
Due to a strange mix of circumstances between living arrangements and other financial problems I've looked into joining the Australian Defence Force. At the end of January I'll be attending an information session that will look into if I'm capable of being an ADF member and what roles I'm qualified for. I will not be seeking an officer role or any high speciality that requires University study. Specific roles I'm looking at include;

• Communication Electronic Technician
  • Communications and Information Systems Controller
  • Signals Operator Linguist
  • Signals Operator Technical
  • Communication Systems Operator
  • Information Systems Technician
  • Multimedia Technician
  • Telecommunications Systems Technician

Those are ideal although I wouldn't say no to any general role that lets me go into those later down the track. I.E. Soldier, Sailor, etc Or any other general role including Driver Transport, Logisitics, Support etc.

If all goes well I should be taking basic training some time this year :)

Aww... Don't be behind the lines. I mean, if you're in the military anyways, you may as well be doing higher end then looking at some screen. Sure, you get security, but at what cost, AT WHAT COST?!?!

Aww... Don't be behind the lines. I mean, if you're in the military anyways, you may as well be doing higher end then looking at some screen. Sure, you get security, but at what cost, AT WHAT COST?!?!

The roles I'd like mean I can be stationed in or close to SA. Practically everything is NSW, QLD which I'd like to avoid. My preffered Air Force roles would have be stations overseas in a few years, most likely the USA. which is what I'd like to do.

Why does Australia need an army?
Indonesia is a stones throw from our country. Indonesia has the worlds largest muslim population. Over 100 million of them. We are only 20 million.

Plus if we didn't have an army, New Zealand would invade us. And that would be terrible day. We'd be saying fush and chups in no time.

What a horrible fate.

Indonesia is a stones throw from our country. Indonesia has the worlds largest muslim population. Over 100 million of them. We are only 20 million.

Plus if we didn't have an army, New Zealand would invade us. And that would be terrible day. We'd be saying fush and chups in no time.

What a horrible fate.

don't worry...as a last line of defense you still have those kamikaze kangaroos. no ****ing way anybody would dare attack you! especially not, while the sand fortress is still standing!

am i being rude? :p
just kidding...the land down under is easily the most awesome piece of land in the world :E

we need teh armiez 4 lyk inmvadin and shi lol.

in other words cuz we can!

Exploding Kangaroos that's what we need. Sitting an aptitude test on the 12th of February and then interviews and a fitness test later down the track.

What a horrible fate.

brb invading empty lands.

Do a systems engineering degree and then go work for DSTO. Either that or get a gun and start shooting people.

No further compromise shall we allow!

If Australia didn't have an army, it'd just have a bunch of rioters.

Are Australian soldiers fighting in in the Middle East?

Good Luck, anywayz! :D

Plus if we didn't have an army, New Zealand would invade us.

Haha! It's too late, fool!

[Stonecutters song]

Also, good luck with all that stuff Kyo.

Funny how everyone who is joining the Army/Air Force makes a thread about it.

Financial reasons are the best reasons to join the military. Hell yeah!

Financial reasons are the best reasons to join the military. Hell yeah!

A lot of members in my extended family have served in the Air Force, served full terms and are perfectly well off. I'm not going to say no to tax free monies. Other bonuses such as cheap/free housing come in handy too. Our system is rather excellent in the fact once you are stationed and I'll be at the Edinburgh RAAF base with the Radar Surveillance Unit 1RSU you cannot be moved to another Base/Unit unless you ask to. Assuming reserves here the Full time Air Force is a tad different and I'll eventually join them to serve overseas.

I like how the RAAF's logo actually has a kangaroo in it. Way to live up to that stereotype, you bunch of stereotypes.

You mean this one

800px-Ensign_of_the_Royal_Australian_Air_Force.svg.png

Yeah man. What's up with that? Kangaroos can't even fly.

My friend is f*cking obsessed with the Air force. Seriously, you've heard of train spotters, well now you've heard of Plane spotters. We went to see the Day the Earth Stood still the other week, he had to point out the names of the helicopters and planes in it.

:|
Its a good laugh making fun of him though :LOL:

Yeah man. What's up with that? Kangaroos can't even fly.

You have clearly never been to the Never Never :cheese:

Way to go Kyo, stay safe mate. Made a few mates in 4RAR and used to be close mates with a bloke in the RAAF. Nethertheless, GO SON! GO YOU GOOD THING!

A lot of members in my extended family have served in the Air Force, served full terms and are perfectly well off. I'm not going to say no to tax free monies. Other bonuses such as cheap/free housing come in handy too. Our system is rather excellent in the fact once you are stationed and I'll be at the Edinburgh RAAF base with the Radar Surveillance Unit 1RSU you cannot be moved to another Base/Unit unless you ask to. Assuming reserves here the Full time Air Force is a tad different and I'll eventually join them to serve overseas.

Im not saying there aren't financial benefits. I'm saying that those benefits shouldnt be something you join for. Morally speaking.

so your implying that just because they're muslim, that they are a danger?

Your name is very similar to Kyorisu's, you both have anime avatars, and you both live in Australia. I demand that you two fight, or at least GATTAI in some way.

We're related. However, I currently don't reside in Australia, I should update that location.

Good luck Kyo! Australia will end up being proud of you bro

Hey good luck with that Kyorisu, joining the army is something I've always wanted to do (Hobostomp stfu if you're reading this), and I'd be doing that right now if I didn't have other reasons.

I thought the song wanted people like you to join the navy.

I thought the song wanted people like you to join the navy.

Now that you bring that up. The women I spent most of the day chatting with was bugging everyone to consider the Navy.

"Who is here for the Army?"
/few hand raises
"Navy?"
/few raises
"Airforce?"
/Raise my hand
"Undecided"
/mass hand raises
"You're all navy now. *laugh*"

Back