Just Cause 2 Demo is Out!

Really enjoying this. Played for around 16 hours now and have only actually done the first 2 story missions you do for the games prologue. The rest of the time has been spent by doing a few side missions, a shitload of town and airport captures and basically just ****ing about. Considering the original was so mediocre it's amazing that this has turned out to be this great. Shows how much fun a sandbox game can be if done right.

Plus it looks absolutely gorgeous.

I'm so annoyed that I can't play this yet. I'll just have to get the damn Windows 7, even though I don't like it...

From what I've seen so far this game is what Far Cry 2 should have been. Huge open world tropical environment, over the top action and freedom to do anything you want = WIN.

Just finished the story missions.

klaar.jpg

I'm so annoyed that I can't play this yet. I'll just have to get the damn Windows 7, even though I don't like it...

At least Win7 is stable. XP gets stuck sometimes and won't respond, task manager wont open up, or won't close a program or whatever... god damn that's annoying, though I still feel more productive in XP so far. Needs Tweak 7 Powertoy.

But yeah, you get DX11, better multi-core, multi-GPU, and multi-threading support, much better 64 bit support (and more RAM) and stuff...

I want there to be a multiplayer mod or something...it'd be so fun play online with friends.

Tip for those with the 360 version who wants achievements: There're two airbases you can destroy(I don't know their names), that are the only bases where a certain aircraft spawns.

If you destroy them, the aircraft stops spawning, preventing you from getting the achievement for having driven all vehicles in the game.

Tip for those with the 360 version who wants achievements: There're two airbases you can destroy(I don't know their names), that are the only bases where a certain aircraft spawns.

If you destroy them, the aircraft stops spawning, preventing you from getting the achievement for having driven all vehicles in the game.

Yup, correct. The airplane in question is the Bering, the largest airplane in the game. I have indicated the airbases where it spawns, on this map.

Yup, correct. The airplane in question is the Bering, the largest airplane in the game. I have indicated the airbases where it spawns, on this map.

Much obliged, though I've only played like 9 hours now(at 10% complete), I'm not sure why but the game hasn't really drawn me in, it's starting to feel as repetitive as the original.

I really need to stop buying games just because my friends tell me to.

Much obliged, though I've only played like 9 hours now(at 10% complete), I'm not sure why but the game hasn't really drawn me in, it's starting to feel as repetitive as the original.

I really need to stop buying games just because my friends tell me to.

Or you have to play it in a different way. Ignore the missions and just do fun stuff. Today I drove all the way across Panau from the northeastern side the southwest, just to see how long it would take me (45 minutes and ten cars for almost 50 in-game kilometers btw).

Or you have to play it in a different way. Ignore the missions and just do fun stuff. Today I drove all the way across Panau from the northeastern side the southwest, just to see how long it would take me (45 minutes and ten cars for almost 50 in-game kilometers btw).

I can't afford the timedrainage that much, especially not considering I've got a second timedrain(RDR) coming up soon enough too.

Though to be fair, I've become bored with almost all games, dunno why, games I used to love fail to captivate me. It sucks.

It seems like its a slow burner. You jump in, play for 30mins blowing ***t up, then turn it off as the story sucks.

I like that.

When I first got into the Bering, I was supremely disappointed when I realized it didn't have bombs. The ability to carpet bomb would have been ****ing spectacular.

When I first got into the Bering, I was supremely disappointed when I realized it didn't have bombs. The ability to carpet bomb would have been ****ing spectacular.

That would indeed be awesome. Hopefully they put stuff like that in the DLC.

I have the original "Just Cause" & played it for all of about 2 hours before I got bored & put the game away. Fast forward a couple years & I am finding that JC2 is much more enjoyable than the original was, even though it seems to be pretty much the same game, only better looking. I have had my 4850 for awhile now but I was still using WinXP. Now that I finally have Win7, JC2 is the first game that I have played that is DirectX 10. Yes, I am aware that I am a little behind the times.

I have not gotten far enough into the game to decide if the story is any good. My progress through the game is @ 5% done, with a total time played of just over 5 hours. Thus far, I am enjoying the game. The game runs really smooth I was pleased to see, though truth be told, it's not a visually stunning game by any means. Still, with all settings maxed & the resolution @ 1280x1024, which is as much as my old monitor can handle, the "Dark Tower" benchmark gave me an average 41 FPS, which is quite playable as far as I'm concerned.

-MRG

The game is on sale today: 75% off. That is 3.50 in Euro money.

Back