L4D1 Characters available in parts of L4D2?

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLcTxA5E2lc&feature=sub

At the end of this interview Chet mentions that the old survivors (Louis, Francis, Bill and Zoey) are not dead and we might see them in the future?

I immediately had an idea about the new gamemode which was announced but not revealed a few weeks ago. Since the details havn't been released, could Valve be planning a new survival gamemode for 8 players instead of 4 - Including Francis, Louis, Bill and Zoey alongside the new survivors?

What'd you think?

I think it's intressting, but I im not sure it's 8 players vs Ai though.

Edit: Katana.

Could be 8 survivors going through missions. It could be two groups of 4 trying to get the extraction point first. It could be two groups of 4 and each one had to reach the end and activate something to allow the other to escape. One group could be stranded and the other would have to come rescue the other or the 4 could be spread out over the map..

When I watched this yesterday, I just thought he was talking about L4D DLC in the future. We're going to be seeing the original 4 in Crash Course soon, then whatever else they do after that for L4D.

Well I hope he means they are included in L4D2, if not in the game - atleast in a final cut scene after completing the final campaign having Bill welcome the newer survivors with one of his badass lines.

I hope they aren't. I see no reason for them to be included in a game set in a different part of the US, and even regardless of that I'm quite happy for the change in characters. Why see more of the same when there can be something new?

I want to totally see Francis get owned at any point during L4D2, no matter how much sense it doesn't make.

"Good thing I'm indes-- AHHH"

I hope they aren't. I see no reason for them to be included in a game set in a different part of the US, and even regardless of that I'm quite happy for the change in characters. Why see more of the same when there can be something new?

L4D2 takes place across Southern America - I think it would be very easy to involve the original 4 characters in the game, L4D2 is apparently a few days after the L4D1 survivors are safe, why couldn't the 2 groups meet at a secure base where Immune survivors are holding off against the zombies?

It's not a question of how the two groups could come to meet each, it's why they would - what benefit would it include to the game, a game that is setting itself out to stand alone from the original L4D, and where would the game go from there? I mean, at this point a new game mode could be 8 players and the characters could be coming back, but to me I'd hate to see that happen and cannot see why it would. If I wanted to play as Louis, I'd go play L4D. I want new characters and a game focused around their journey. I don't want this party crashed by people I already know and have been in the shoes of for countless hours already.

Francis:

"I hate South!"
"I hate New Orleans!"
"I hate rednecks!"

Back