liberals are pretty screwed if cons decide to wage war

Soldiers are trained to do as they are told, not to think things through. The idea that entire swathes of the USMC or US Army would refuse to suppress a small public uprising and in fact join it, is unlikely in practice.

I think you'd be surprised.

All we'd need to do is defeat the government, not the entire US armed forces. It's called a revolt.

We would need a strong leader. George Washington lead the American revolution.

All we'd need to do is defeat the government, not the entire US armed forces. It's called a revolt.

We would need a strong leader. George Washington lead the American revolution.

they had muskets and communication between forces was mostly on horseback. times have changed

I'm surprised anyone would believe it's just a simple matter to overthrow the government as if it were some unstable military regime held together by a loose junta of diametrically opposed factions. America = Sierra Leon, Haiti, or some banana republic on the verge of political and social collapse

you wouldnt stand a chance. the streets would literally be paved with your dead. gangs of patriotic lynch mobs would ferret out the triatorous rebels and hang them from the highest tree

they had muskets and communication between forces was mostly on horseback. times have changed

I'm surprised anyone would believe it's just a simple matter to overthrow the government as if it were some unstable military regime held together by a loose junta of diametrically opposed factions. America = Sierra Leon, Haiti, or some banana republic on the verge of political and social collapse

you wouldnt stand a chance. the streets would literally be paved with your dead. gangs of patriotic lynch mobs would ferret out the triatorous rebels and hang them from the highest tree

HAHA! if anything, it would be the Patriots who would be the ones to revolt. Patriotism is a love of country not a love of government. We could have a bloodless revolution. If enough people become feed up with the current administration or bureaucracy they could literal vote a new government into existence. Its one of our constitutional rights. The majority of the people has the right to alter or abolish a government that has become tyrannical.

I could easily post hundreds of anti-conservative/republican websites, but that won't prove anything. Someone before got it right when they said there are only a small number of people who would actually go to war over something as silly as whether they are a liberal or conservative.

...Also is this thread serious?

I've just been playing advocate for the hell of it, tbh. I think it would make an interesting movie, to see the people against their government. Anyone know of any good revolution movies?

Well as it's never going to happen you'll never find out. :rolleyes:

I guess not. I suppose all that I can do is make a rolleyes smiley back at you to return the "I don't respect your opinion" notion that it gives.

:rolleyes:

If enough people become feed up with the current administration or bureaucracy

Damn poor people, always asking the government for help. They need to learn their place and vote against their interests every 4 years.

I could easily post hundreds of anti-conservative/republican websites, but that won't prove anything.

I'm sure you could, but that's not my point. the links are examples of americans who idespite evidence to the contrary are quick to label anyone who doesnt tow the official line as traitorous anti-americans. all the government has to do is set the ball in motion (" Iraq has WMD") and the media and the patriotic trip over themselves to follow the government's lead. Their only option would be acts of terrorism/sabotage ...and we know how dim a view most americans have of terrorism

Back