Man bites off more than he can chew, blows off jaw in the process

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
A chemistry student in the Ukraine was found dead with his jaw blown off by what is believed to be exploding chewing gum, according to reports.

The 25-year-old's disfigured remains were discovered at his parent's home in the northern Ukrainian city of Konotop, reports in the Eastern European country said.

The young man, who studied at Kiev Polytechnic Institute, was working at a computer late on Saturday when the alleged explosion happened.

"A loud pop was heard from the student's room," the ukranews.com Web site said, citing an aide to the city's police chief.

"When his relatives entered the room, they saw that the lower part of the young man's face had been blown off."

A forensic examination established that the chewing gum was covered with an unidentified chemical substance, thought to be some type of explosive material.

The student apparently had a bizarre habit of chewing gum after dipping it into citric acid, Russian news agency Ria Novosti said.

Officers found both citric acid packets and a similar-looking unidentified substance, believed to be some kind of explosive material, on a table near the body, the agency continued.

Investigators suspect that the student simply confused the packets and put gum covered with explosive material into his mouth.

wow the investigators certainly blew that case wide open in a hurry

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579799,00.html?test=latestnews

This news is hard to swallow for me. Exploding Chewing Gum? What kind of chemical was it?

it blows my mind how can people have such dangerous substance together, as if they were sugar and salt.

Well he certainly...

Err... He did....

Ah **** it.

"It's always better to jaw-jaw than to war-war."

This is the perfect way to **** someone over.

"Want some gum?
"yea sure, thx"
*BOOM*

If the cops get on your ass, just say "I did it for teh lulz" and you will be relieved of all charges. Trust me.

Whats the matter, cat got your tongue??

dammit all the good ones were taken

I love the fact that once a news article like this is posted, it's a race from most HL2.netters to come up with the best saying.

These topics wouldnt warrent too much discussion otherwise... ;)

When I chew gum, my jaw often gets sore, but this is ridiculous.

Aaaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

But seriously, I cant help but laugh at the sheer...weirdness of what happened. At the same time my tin heart feels sorrow...or something.

Wouldn't it suck? You blow a bubble and accidentally blow your nose off. That and the being dead and all.

I feel really bad for his relatives. I mean, imagine walking into your brother's/sister's room and finding them on the floor with their head matter all over the walls and floor.

I wonder if the detectives played good cop bad cop with the relatives. You know, one of them is nice and gets them coffee, the other is mean and blows up in their ja- I mean face.

I think his jaw must be the spiraling U.F.O. launched from Russia the other day.

anyone know if this guy was actually an indentured servant?

Back