Metal Gear Solid 4 primary voice cast announced

Asuka

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Konami this week confirmed that longtime Solid Snake voice actor will reprise his role as the now-aged mulleted action hero in Kojima Productions' highly anticipated Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for PlayStation 3. Other series veterans making a return for MGS4 include Paul Eiding (Roy Campbell), Christopher Randolph (Hal "Otacon" Emmerich), and Quinton Flynn (Raiden). The cast will be directed by returing voice director Kris Zimmerman to deliver a script written by Metal Gear creator and overlord Hideo Kojima and MGS4 director Shuyo Murata.

"I couldn't be more excited about this game. What I've seen of Metal Gear Solid 4 has absolutely blown me away. To bring the focus of the story back to Solid Snake, and to work with Kris Zimmerman and many of the amazing actors that provided iconic voices for the previous games, is like coming home," said Hayter, also known as the screenwriter of X-Men and X2. "I'm so proud and grateful to have been involved with Mr. Kojima as the voice of Snake, for nearly a decade, on this legendary video game series. This game is going to plunge players into the ultimate Metal Gear experience. And personally, I can't wait to play it."

Kojima Productions' Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is expected to ship for PlayStation 3 later this year.

Woot!

http://www.shacknews.com/

Before this thread is flooded by all the anti-MGS and anti-Kojima people, I'll just say I think it's nice to see we'll get a decent voicecast yet again :)

In before Samon.

As long as they can deliver the dialogue without bursting into laughter, LOL.

Psht, I look forward to it :p

MGS3 got plenty of stick for meh dialogue. I think they might have picked up on that.

I am not getting a PS3 :( Oh well it's not worth it for one game.

I wish I had the $650 needed for a PS3 and MGS4. Damn next-gen consoles and their appealing titles.

What about Cam Clarke (Liquid Snake)? He was awesome.
I'm not getting a PS3 and MGS4 but I still look forward to it.

Cam Clarke was terrible. Talk about the most forced British accent ever. Plus his acting quality was dire too.

I just want to say, David Hayter's voice is uber-badass and I can't wait to hear it again.

Cam Clarke was terrible. Talk about the most forced British accent ever. Plus his acting quality was dire too.

:eek:, He's the best ****ing voice actor alive, not only does he have a good voice, he really knows how to put emotion en sincerity in his characters. You're mad, absolutely mad. :rolling:

Yeah, there's a lot riding on this one. Voice-acting is not a place where they can afford to skimp.

He have lovely british accent... :p He was much better in MGS Twin Snakes.
And Liquid Snake is absolutely best character in MGS.

He was a pretty good character in MGS1 (as was Ocelet). However, they managed to ruin both these characters in MGS2 with what is by far the stupidest plot twist I have EVER seen in a mainstream product. He's living through a ****ing arm transplant. That is STUPID. I don't care if they explain it by the nanomachines (in his ****ing arm) somehow remembering his personality or whatever - it is ****ing STUPID.

However, these are still my favorite games :p . MGS4 looks from the trailer to have fixed some of the dialog/translation problems that plagued the past games, and the setting/story/old Snake is all great. Going to be the best game ever when it releases.

Going to be the best game ever when it releases.

Unfortunately not as much people will play at as the previous games because it is on PS3.

I dont know what you people are talking about the voice acting was ****ing awesome in the metal gear series!

Not joking.

Huh...
Huhh...
Whos there..
Huh!

I ****ing LOVE IT! I started this in real life btw. Its so funny!

:eek:, He's the best ****ing voice actor alive, not only does he have a good voice, he really knows how to put emotion en sincerity in his characters. You're mad, absolutely mad. :rolling:

Sarcasm was never your strong point. :p

He have lovely british accent... :p He was much better in MGS Twin Snakes.
And Liquid Snake is absolutely best character in MGS.

His British accent is very, very forced. And no, we don't talk like that. :p

I don't think its meant to be realistic. Its just about how he talks. I mean i didn't even know it was British...It just sounds great to me.

I dont see the big buzz whit this new,it was obvious the same voice actor will come back for the same character

also that mgs fans are so hungry for new info but this is the only thing we get

Don't mind Samon, if he sees an opportunity, no matter how silly, to bash a game he dislikes, he'll take it.:p*Runs*

His British accent is very, very forced. And no, we don't talk like that. :p

Yeah it's a bit camp, but kind of charming. Besides, wasn't he an American soldier that got moved to Britain at some point? Could possibly explain his somewhat odd accent.

Soldier: What is this an other Grand theft auto?

Snake: This is no Vice city

Samon. Cause when you're battling your topless evil twin brother - who up until a few hours ago you thought was your old, now deceased master - to the death on top of a giant laser-toting nuke-carrying robot, you want believable accents to carry your immersion.

It's an all out attack on me! No, really, it isn't the Britishness of it. It's just that the acting for Liquid is dire. Simple.

I disagree. I think its really some of the BEST voice acting out there. Aside from Deus Ex, Half-Life 2.

Since when did Deus Ex have good voice acting? That was pretty damn average. Also, I wasn't knocking the rest of the cast, I was knocking the guy who does Liquid. John Cygan (Solidus) ftw.

From what i remember it was great. Im going to be playing it again soon, see if it was as good as i remember.

Since when did Deus Ex have good voice acting? That was pretty damn average. Also, I wasn't knocking the rest of the cast, I was knocking the guy who does Liquid. John Cygan (Solidus) ftw.
Yes, Deus Ex voice acting was poor (except JC Denton, he was great), five important characters was played by actor from Walker, Texas Ranger. :rolleyes:
John Cygan (Solidus Snake) was awesome. :thumbs:

LOL, no offense meant, just thought I'd point out the absurdity of it :p

Idunno... Liquid's voice was pretty campy, but I think it kind of fit with the feel of the game. Plus it just beams "I AM THE BAD GUY" into your face until you hate him on principle.

I loved liquid in the first MGS when I we all thought he was the inferior clone. He was the underdog, that climbed up and accomplished so much, hell if it wasn't for Foxdie he would have killed snake. He is my favorite bad guy of all time, not just games, but even considering movies and books.

I Cam Clarke is once again a dammed good voice actor, it's the reason he gets hired so much.

I can still remember the lines.

Liquid: I'm just the leftovers of what they used to make you.
Liquid: Can you understand what it's like to know
Liquid: that you're garbage since the day you were born!?

Here's more info on Cam Clarke, for the people that care
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Clarke

Movie Roles

* Akira - Kaneda
TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Win.

Edit -
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - Blood Elf Male

HAH! I knew that accent was a little too familiar :D

Also, best evil maniac laugh EVER.

I loved liquid in the first MGS when I we all thought he was the inferior clone. He was the underdog, that climbed up and accomplished so much, hell if it wasn't for Foxdie he would have killed snake.

I thought his come backs towards the end started to get way OTT. He's a good villain, no doubt...but I think he could have been voiced much better.

I don't know what the controversy is about what Samon's saying. I don't love or hate the MGS series. I think they had some really innovative elements and extremely high production values, but I definitely remember the voice acting in general being a LOW point of the games, hammy and overdone. Grim Fandango has great voice acting, Jon Irenicus in Baldur's Gate is awesome, and the guy who does both Barney and Gman is another pretty damn impressive example - but, in my experience, voice acting in the MGS series has been okay at best, ohgod-wince-and-try-not-to-feel-embarrassed-that-they-kept-that-last-take-in-the-final-cut level of badness at worst.

@Gray - those samples were awful! That guy HAS got an annoying voice...which is not a great trait in a voice actor. Just as actors should be charismatic and have faces that make you want to watch them (eg. DeNiro), voice actors should at least have a voice that some people won't simply turn off in disgust.

Back