Metro 2033

Developed by ex-Stalker devs, looks ****ing amazing. Just watched a preview in German with gameplay. Good lord does this game look ****ing gorgeous.

I have no problem with linearity if the story is interesting and the plot well made.

I couldn't find any dates on that site, not sure how long they've been working on it. So I'll bet it.

Yeah, just to be clear, what DEATHMASTER linked is a fan-based translation, an official English release of the novel the game is based off will coincide with the European(English-European) release of the game.

I love these dark games in foreign settings. Nice surprise - looks like there's a PC version coming.

I heard about this, it looks pretty interesting. I've been meaning to read the novel before the game comes out.

I'm fine with either order. Having done game first with Halo, it gives more incentive to want to replay the game. Though with Halo, the game was quite flexible, here they're doing game after the book which would have higher standards from fans of the book.

Got the 360 version pre-ordered.

I really like the fact the game has no HUD period, except for instructions when it comes how to do certain things(like tear down a fence).

No ammunition counter, etc. Only thing I'm sorta sad about is regenerating health but it seems to be the norm these days.

Got the 360 version pre-ordered.

I really like the fact the game has no HUD period, except for instructions when it comes how to do certain things(like tear down a fence).

No ammunition counter, etc. Only thing I'm sorta sad about is regenerating health but it seems to be the norm these days.

Regenerating health seems like it would be really out of place in this game. This feels like it's survival based given the situation. Having to search/barter for ammo and medical supplies would be awesome, as most games that do not have regenerating health seem to have an abundance of both.

Looks like fallout 3 mixed with stalker. It seems russia is the new middle east for gaming?

Post-apocalyptic setting? Wow, that's something fresh, new and original.

Regenerating health seems like it would be really out of place in this game. This feels like it's survival based given the situation. Having to search/barter for ammo and medical supplies would be awesome, as most games that do not have regenerating health seem to have an abundance of both.

Well you are aware that Metro 2033 does in fact use regenerating health right?

Not healthpacks ala for example STALKER.

Post-apocalyptic setting? Wow, that's something fresh, new and original.

Well to be fair, Metro 2033 was quite fresh and original when it came out, it was an unprecedented take on a RUSSIAN post-apocalyptic world, whereas most other fiction has focused on the western one.

Metro 2033(The novel which came out in 2002) is pretty much already a fully fledged cult-classic in Russia.

Was looking for info on this game a couple months ago and could find hardly anything. I'm suprised about the linearity and regenerating health too. First time I heard about this game I was led to believe it was going to be very STALKEResque. Then again, there are already three STALKER games and countless mods so a different type of game is by no means a bad thing. I do hope it's good.

Edit: Just finished watching the preview videos. I must say I like the guns, especially the revolver shotgun. Your squadmates look compotent and it looks like light is going to have a big impact on gameplay, something that is rarely done well. Hopefully they can do it well.

I don't know; you want to play with crayons or play with chalk?

chalk-outline-2.jpg

Lol. exactly.

But seriously... I generally prefer Mature games, just like I tend to prefer R rated movies over G rated, or Beer over Soft drinks - but needless to say, being Mature rated doesn't make it better by nature. Only someone like jverne would say something like that. :rolleyes:

I thought Metro 2033 was supposed to be the STALKER that STALKER never became? And what I see is that it's linear and has regenerating health? Wut?

Anyway, looks quite nice in it's own right. Hopefully it won't feel like an unfinished, unoptimized game like the STALKERs. I don't know why, but I completed the original game without being bothered by this much, but when I started playing Clear Sky I just gave up after a while, not exclusively due to the feeling that the game is done negligently but it just didn't seem fun anymore.

Back