Michael Bay: Ya T2 sucked but T3 is more like Black Hawk Down

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
" The second one, we had a tough go. It was a very, very tough thing to make a movie under those circumstances. It affected a lot of Hollywood at that time.

about T3: Bark at the moon

It’s epic and it happens in a city. It’s more accessible because you recognize stuff — it’s not in a desert. It’s kind of like ‘Black Hawk Down’ with our small group of heroes in a city.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/michael-bay-promises-epic-black-hawk-down-esque-transformers-3/

who the **** made this guy in charge of anything? jesus it's like he tries extra hard to be retarded

It has Alpha Trion, Shockwave, and Laserbeak. I am going to see it and not a single fux will be given.

so he openly admits he made a bad movie and didnt tryed to make it good?

Unless some crazy shit like Unicron is announced, or I hear in reviews that there is actual action in this action movie, I'm truly not going to fall into the "The trailer makes it look fun but oh wait that trailer has literally the whole two minutes of cool stuff in this movie, and 100 seconds of that is in the first 100 seconds of the movie" trap, like last time.

I guess I am going to lose nerd cred for this, but I've never given a shit about Transformers and the movies certainly didn't improve my opinion as craptastic as they were.

I thought this thread title was about Terminator 2 and 3 not Transformers for the longest moment and I was even more outraged.

I can't stand the first two movies, I remember falling asleep during the second one in the theater. During the fight scenes you can't even tell what's going on, it's just a whole lot of flashing, fast moving color.

Shockwave? Seconded, although I'm not optimistic that they won't ruin that character.

So what was Bay's excuse for Transformers 1 sucking?

It's not good, but it's really not that bad. It's a standard but competent action flick. The first and second aren't even compareable.

I can't stand the first two movies, I remember falling asleep during the second one in the theater. During the fight scenes you can't even tell what's going on, it's just a whole lot of flashing, fast moving color.
I can't imagine watching that movie up close.

Yeah, it's gonna be shit just like the last two.

I guess I am going to lose nerd cred for this, but I've never given a shit about Transformers and the movies certainly didn't improve my opinion as craptastic as they were.

How dare you not like this seminal masterpiece of toy marketing. Next you'll tell me Cabbage Patch Kids wasn't your thing.

It's not good, but it's really not that bad. It's a standard but competent action flick.

It's really not. I know people like to say "well it's pretty daft but it's a bit of fun innit," but I guess I missed the meeting where poorly directed, terribly written movies became competent because they happened to contain action.

I don't think the direction was that bad to be honest, but mostly I think you're just overestimating what I mean by "competent". To me, it simply means that a movie functions consistently and sticks to what it's trying to be. Like I said, it's not good. Probably a 3.5 or 4/10.

I thought this thread title was about Terminator 2 and 3 not Transformers for the longest moment and I was even more outraged.

This. Even the bit about Terminator.

about T3: Bark at the moon

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/michael-bay-promises-epic-black-hawk-down-esque-transformers-3/

who the **** made this guy in charge of anything? jesus it's like he tries extra hard to be retarded

What the hell does he even mean by that quote regarding Transformers 2?

"It affected a lot of Hollywood at the time".

I mean, what?

Sometimes I forget how plainly retarded this guy is.

Also, regarding Shockwave:

"He’s got a much bigger gun [and is] a little bit more vicious."

Yeah, that just about sums it up.

I've never cared much for sci fi or fantasy movies..

*runs away*

Yeah I'm with you Sheepo. The first one is tolerable, where as the second one is probably one of the worst things to come out of Hollywood. Ever. Definitely the worst film Spielberg has ever been involved with.

The only thing I remember about the second one was the two racial-profiling car-transformer things just before some big sand-vacuum thing came in and had dramatic crane and long shots - I was pretty stoned and fell asleep for the rest of it, even some before it!

As long as Hollywood keeps its mitts off Voltron, it's all good. Butcher the hell out of Transformers for all I care.

What the hell does he even mean by that quote regarding Transformers 2?

"It affected a lot of Hollywood at the time".

I mean, what?.

he's saying that the script was affected by the hollywood strike:

The problem with 2009's "Revenge of the Fallen," Bay once again pointed out, is that the writers' strike left the production hardly any time to nail down a script. The filmmakers found themselves essentially trying to create a story line in the edit room, rather than on the page before shooting began.

Yes I'm sure it had nothing to do with Kruger, Kurtzman and Orchi being terribly mediocre writers.

You know, I was watching Transformers: Prime the other day, which is written by Kurtzman and Orci, and the plot for the episode "Masters and Students" would have made a much more fitting plot for Transformers 2 than the piece of shit plot that it had. In it, Megatron was deposed, left for dead by Starscream (complete with giant hole in his chest and a piece of "dark energon" shoved in there). Starscream takes control of the Decepticons and informs them that Megatron had deployed some of his warriors to Earth to search for energon millenia ago. He has Soundwave scout the Earth and locate one of the soldiers--who promptly beats the crap out of Starscream, sends him running, then faces down Prime. Bumblebee and Prime end up killing him with the help of a human agent, and at the end of the episode Soundwave and Starscream pick up a life signal coming from deep space--where Starscream had left Megatron.

All the time I was watching this I was thinking, "Why wasn't THIS the plot of the second movie? It matches up perfectly!" Bay can blame the writers all he wants but Transformers: Prime proves he's full of shit.

The only problem I have with Prime is I'd wish they'd kept the designs from War For Cybertron. Also, Bumblebee looking and sound exactly like his Bayformers counterpart. That annoyed me. On the brightside, Bulkhead.

You know, I was watching Transformers: Prime the other day, which is written by Kurtzman and Orci, and the plot for the episode "Masters and Students" would have made a much more fitting plot for Transformers 2 than the piece of shit plot that it had. In it, Megatron was deposed, left for dead by Starscream (complete with giant hole in his chest and a piece of "dark energon" shoved in there). Starscream takes control of the Decepticons and informs them that Megatron had deployed some of his warriors to Earth to search for energon millenia ago. He has Soundwave scout the Earth and locate one of the soldiers--who promptly beats the crap out of Starscream, sends him running, then faces down Prime. Bumblebee and Prime end up killing him with the help of a human agent, and at the end of the episode Soundwave and Starscream pick up a life signal coming from deep space--where Starscream had left Megatron.

This would've been tons better than that pile of shit that was the second film.

The problem with 2009's "Revenge of the Fallen," Bay once again pointed out, is that the writers' strike left the production hardly any time to nail down a script. The filmmakers found themselves essentially trying to create a story line in the edit room, rather than on the page before shooting began.
What a bullshit excuse. I have no doubt its incredibly tough create a storyline under that kind of pressure in Hollywood (having to meet a summer release deadline while under a writers strike) but as a filmmaker, your biggest concern should be always be the story over everything else, and if you don't have the talent to write a half-decent film yourself, then why the hell should you have a 100 million dollar + budget for it?

All the time I was watching this I was thinking, "Why wasn't THIS the plot of the second movie? It matches up perfectly!" Bay can blame the writers all he wants but Transformers: Prime proves he's full of shit.
Is that the show based in the same universe as War for Cybertron? It's already out?

I liked the Transformers films. F**k you ALL!

There's a couple of threads for formers... so I choose you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Sg_zJrDxc

New Trailer.

I'm intrigued. Not because I think the plot looks interesting at all, but all of those city scenes were shot in places I walk through everyday. Bumblebee sliding under Wabash was, honestly, really cool.

Unless some crazy shit like Unicron is announced, or I hear in reviews that there is actual action in this action movie, I'm truly not going to fall into the "The trailer makes it look fun but oh wait that trailer has literally the whole two minutes of cool stuff in this movie, and 100 seconds of that is in the first 100 seconds of the movie" trap, like last time.

Movie trailers give way too much shit away. It's like... they show all the best scenes to get you hooked, but then you know what's going to happen. It also happens with TV shows... STOP ****ING SHOWING ME THAT SHIT.

It would be nice of hollywood was a bit more subtle about movie advertising, but then again with such a dumb population you can't go too far in that direction.

I ideally like to know a very little bit about a movie, read very vague reviews when it's done to see if it's a good movie and basically go into the movie as blind as possible.

Movie trailers give way too much shit away. It's like... they show all the best scenes to get you hooked, but then you know what's going to happen. It also happens with TV shows... STOP ****ING SHOWING ME THAT SHIT.

It would be nice of hollywood was a bit more subtle about movie advertising, but then again with such a dumb population you can't go too far in that direction.

I ideally like to know a very little bit about a movie, read very vague reviews when it's done to see if it's a good movie and basically go into the movie as blind as possible.

I don't agree with these kinds of composite movie trailers either, but that got you hooked? What a load of crap.

All I can say about that trailer is

DA DA DA DA DA DA DA

DA DA DA DA DA DA DA

DA DA DA DA DA DA DA

DA.

Looks like just as much of an incomprehensible clusterf*ck as the last two.

I loved the first transformers and the second one even more than the first. Can't wait for the third myself.

Back