• iPhone

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other/Blackberry/reg. phones

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
What are peoples mobiles? Mine is currently a Galaxy S3. Recent upgrade from an old iPhone. Android seems a bit busy and convoluted to be honest. What is your preference?

Why did you pick said phone?

Droid DNA and Galaxy Nexus. I've been switching between them debating if I want to keep the DNA or sell it and get something fresh like the Lumia 9xx that's supposed to be released for Verizon fairly soon.

According to the latest poll, 20% of people use Windows Phone. WATCH OUT APPLE.

I like Andriod despite the "busyness". However I'm not buying another Samsung till they get rid of that damn Voice Talk crap.

is Lumia an Android phone?

The Nokia Lumia 9xx is a Windows Phone. I've wanted to dabble in it so bad, but at times, I can't justify the fact that I'll need to get used to a closed down system (no sideloading, no file browser, essentially like an iPhone minus the jailbreak community).

I like Andriod despite the "busyness". However I'm not buying another Samsung till they get rid of that damn Voice Talk crap.
What do you mean Voice Talk? I'm just wondering what you meant by that. Also, I think if anyone buys an Android device, just head straight for the next Nexus device supposedly being unleashed in June of this year. It'll probably be more than worth it.

What do you mean Voice Talk? I'm just wondering what you meant by that. Also, I think if anyone buys an Android device, just head straight for the next Nexus device supposedly being unleashed in June of this year. It'll probably be more than worth it.

I guess it's like Samsungs version of Siri. The problem is that like everyone I don't want to use voice features on a phone, it can't be turned off, and every second time I go back to the home screen I accidentally activate it and it asks me "what would you like to do" as loud as it can. It doesn't sounds like a major problem but it's so constant that it's put me off the phone entirely.

Sony Experia, and my sole reason for choosing it is that every Sony phone I've had in recent years has served me very well. And I prefer the sound quality when I use the Walkman function of them. I like Samsung, but not keen on the Galaxy series for some reason. Their battery life sucks too (the wife has the S3). One of my mates has a Lumia and totally raves about the windows os on it. I've had a go on it and reaaaaaally didn't like it at all.

Sony Ericsson, with the keypad and everything.

Cheap, reliable, incredible battery life, sends texts, makes calls and allows mobile use of Facebook. All I need in a $50 phone. Simple.

I am no fan of smart phones. They're a waste of money IMO.

Samsung Galaxy S2. Going to upgrade in a few months, just going to wait and see what the best Android phones will be around that time. Might get the S4.

Windows 7 phone. HTC Desire. Why do I have it? Because it cost me £10.

My brother works for O2. Often they have the staff test out new phones and if they complete all the "challenges" set for them and stuff, the person who did the most
and gave the most helpful review sometimes gets to keep the phone. So basically, whenever he gets a brand new one, he gives one of his previous phones to me. This time for a mere tenner. No contract. Pay&Go.

It's pretty cool. Probably not very useful to you, but hey, I answered the thread.

That being said, it's a good phone. Battery tends to be dead within a day if it's used a lot, 2-3 days max if you're unsociable. Had no problems with it. Dropped it a few times, no breakage. All touch-screen and shit.

Android. HTC Wildfire S. Pretty cool. I like getting emails straight to my phone.

Regular Sony thing. Pretty jazzy but the battery life is on the decline as I've had it for like 5 years now. That said I've dropped the thing probably like 20 times and there's not a visible scratch on it, just some chipped paint on one corner and a bit of wear on the keypad (now that I look, it seems like I use the 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 keys the most, hm). Web browsing sucks but it's good enough to check my bank balance so w/e.

A Galaxy or something would be neat but then I'd literally get nothing done ever.

I have an LG 'feature' phone, basically just a regular phone with a slideout keyboard for easier texting. Don't need anything else, but notepad's proved to be useful.

I have the Lumia 822. Best phone I've used. Doesn't have the flexibility of Android but I can do everything I want and its super stable, easy and quick to use, and looks a million god damn times better than iphone or android.

I have an LG Optimus Elite.

I don't know how most smart phones are, but I've dropped this thing a bunch of times on hard floors and it's still going strong.

I don't even have a protective case for it... since there weren't any available at the time of my purchase.

Yeah, most phones are surprisingly durable. Its takes either an intentional throwing, or a landing that hits just the right way to crack it. My HTC incredible got dropped onto all kinds of surfaces, and even punted across a gravel parking lot (dropped it onto my foot while at a slight jog, thing went flying). But then at work, I get people who have had it for all of 3 hours and they've already broken their screen. One guy had his iphone 5 for 3 days, then dropped it down an elevator shaft haha.

I don't get why smartphones are designed to be so slippery. Anyone who doesn't get a grippy cover for them is just stupid.

I don't get why smartphones are designed to be so slippery. Anyone who doesn't get a grippy cover for them is just stupid.
Ya, but make sure you get one that doesn't cover up the logo. Gotta keep that status symbol out in the open for everyone to see.
XkWklSR.jpg

Maybe stop having greasy hotdog fingers. My phone isn't slippery in the least, but I still drop it, usually in the clumsy way i pull it from my left pocket.

But those grippy silicone covers make it impossible to take the phone out of your pocket

But those grippy silicone covers make it impossible to take the phone out of your pocket
And they make it uncomfortable just being in the pocket. Smartphones are bulky enough as it is.

Maybe they're just a weird shape to hold or something. My phone is plastic that slides easily out of my pocket but it not slippery in your hand. But then it's also thicker and more rounded, so it's probably easier to hold.

I guess it's like Samsungs version of Siri. The problem is that like everyone I don't want to use voice features on a phone, it can't be turned off, and every second time I go back to the home screen I accidentally activate it and it asks me "what would you like to do" as loud as it can. It doesn't sounds like a major problem but it's so constant that it's put me off the phone entirely.

Check out this image and see if you can turn it off like so.

I have the Lumia 822. Best phone I've used. Doesn't have the flexibility of Android but I can do everything I want and its super stable, easy and quick to use, and looks a million god damn times better than iphone or android.

It does look pretty sexy. The only problem I have with WP8 is the fact that it's locked down. I'm sure if I used it enough, I could easily get over that fact. On a normal day for me, I use Google Nav, Dropbox, Evernote, uTorrent, Root Explorer (file browser), and download and test out apps that customize the phone.

Can you tell me if any of that is possible on WP8? I mean I know Google Nav is easily replaced by Nokia Drive or whatever their app is. I know you can't customize a WP as much as you can Android. I'm just trying to get an idea. I really want to try a WP. >_<

The Nokia Drive is, for all practical purposes, just as good as Google Nav. There are some non-dropbox-made dropbox apps, haven't tried them though. I use Skydrive instead of Dropbox because the free skydrive gives you more space than the free dropbox. Skydrive obviously has native support, and works seamlessly with the phone. Evernote is on here, though I've stopped using that as well in favor of One Note. uTorrent as well is on here. As far as I can see, there's no file browser though. Never found myself in a situation where I'd want one though, what do you use it for? I had one on my Incredible, but thats only because android sucks donkey balls at saving files to logical locations.

I have a leather protective cover on mine. It's basically a phone wallet. Not too slippy or grippy.

I used to have a samsung galaxy S Captivate, but now I don't have a phone... got rid of my phone plan... I'm off the grid. no one can call me... it's so liberating!! I'M FREE!!! Plus... cell phone plans in canada are so ****en expensive.

Sony Ericsson Xperia x10. Pales in comparison to most modern Androids, but it suits me quite nicely (even if SE is horrendously behind the curve when it comes to OS updates). The current plan I have works nicely (although its a tad expensive), so I may consider renewing my plan when it finishes in August and getting a newer phone.

EDIT: Also, I'm kind of surprised there isn't a single iPhone user so far.

Have an Android. I don't know, but it's blue and I like blue. Oh yeah but then the cover I have on it for protection just completely covers up the blue portion of the phone and it just depresses me because if I want it to look pleasing I have to take it off but if I don't want it to get smashed the **** up I need to cover it up with a black but very entertaining rubber cover.

But it's okay because if I just imagine that the black cover isn't there I can almost just barely see the blue and that makes me happy :)))))))))))))))))))))))))

just a lil' blue. the power of suggestion. the same reason I like it when a girlfriend wears lingerie. I'd get too many boners in public.

Currently using this iPhone 4. I've had it for about 2 years now. Was going to switch to the Galaxy SIII but I have decided to wait until then Lumia 920 is released for Verizon. (Please be soon)

The 920 is good, but I didn't see any reason to wait for it over the 822. I'm really not going to use the improved features ever, so whatever. My cousin has it with ATT and I didn't see any reason why I would want to switch. Also its pretty large. If you're going from the iphone to the 922 then be prepared for a significantly larger device.

The 920 is good, but I didn't see any reason to wait for it over the 822. I'm really not going to use the improved features ever, so whatever. My cousin has it with ATT and I didn't see any reason why I would want to switch. Also its pretty large. If you're going from the iphone to the 922 then be prepared for a significantly larger device.

The thing is that the 920 is a freaking tank. Seriously, it's made to last for years upon years. It's also got the super sensitive screen technology which is great since we live in the colder climates. I realize the 822 also has that built in. One last point is that the 920 has Pureview tech which has changed from the original, but the pictures and videos on that device are still fantastic for a mobile phone. I've seen plenty of samples, and I can firmly say they're the best pictures on a device. One last point is that it has a 4.5" screen which while that's huge to some people, I've been a person rocking a 4.65-5" device for over 1.5 years and it's well worth it to me to have that real estate.

Anyway, I agree the 822 is great, but I'd much prefer the 922 over it just for those three things alone.

Oh also, Krynn, I've used file browsers to find the actual app file (apk on Android) so I can send it to other people such as my fiance's father and mother who both have Kindles and don't have access to all the apps on the Play Store. I've also used it to remove bloat (which I won't have to do on Windows Phones) and to rearrange where my pictures are and transfer documents/videos. There are times when I open an application and it can't find all the video files so it has a built in file browser to get to it which is wonderful. I've torrented a bunch of things on my phone (even over VZW's LTE) which I was then able to access via file browser to play/share/do whatever.

Back