Monitors, whic is better, Aperature Grille or shadow mask

Reaction score
Like the title says, whic monitor type is best for clear sharp images? Im looking to buy a new 17" monitor, black and wanna get a really nice sharp image out of it. At a decent price. Can anyone tell me the differences and pros and cons of each?

I'd look for the new 8ms LCD monitors. Afaik BenQ, Samsung andd viewsonic? have released their 8ms monitors. They are very fast, should have no ghosting at all, and I would bet my left nut on the Samsung being very sharp and clear.

I dont wanna spend that much money though, Im just looking for a good CRT.

OT: But for those of you looking at a good LCD monitor, Samsung might be the way to go as it is now offering *Zero-pixel-Defect* Warrantys. Heres an excerpt.

"Samsung Electronics Co., the world's largest liquid crystal display (LCD) maker, said Thursday it will offer a so-called zero-pixel-defect warranty for LCD monitors sold in South Korea. Under the policy, which is to be effective from January 1, Samsung Electronics said it will replace LCD monitors for free if customers find a single defective pixel in the flat-panel screens within six months of purchase."

Link: http://www.neowin.net/

Shadow mask is the sharper display as it's great for text and even CAD work.
Aperture grille is best for color saturation. ;)

Get aperture grille for gaming. And for anyone who says "but aperture grilles have stupid lines across the screen" ... you can hardly see them and you definitely can't see them ingame (unless the game is like completely white).

Might go with aperature grille then, I guess it doesnt really matter, Im gonna go with one with a low dot pitch though, .25 or less. Should be good eitehr way.

And Asus I see you have a dual monitor display. Do find it useful or worth the money of the two monitors?

Back