Music: Rate and Discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbYYFbTW5U

This is pretty much like, well... floating in space. In a really beautiful, swirly, depressing space. The only thing I might dislike would be the obvious use of Pachelbel's Canon in D tune, but it's so deliberately done that I don't mind that much.

Not rating an album, but I'm giving this song a 10/10.

It's called "Earthly Delights" by Lightning Bolt. Be sure to listen to it with a good bass setup. I just love how nasty and belligerent it sounds. Its the aural equivalent of murder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvu3UhXeLg8

Deadmau5 - I Remember; one of the most euphoric songs Ive heard in years. Gets me completely chilled out.

I usually hate 'trance'.

Pagan's Mind - Gods Equation (album)

Incredible, I love this. It's got that Porcupine Tree kind of Prog sound with much heavier elements.

Alexisonfire - Polaroids of Polar Bears

Frank Sinatra isn't such a bad Cake song, but I still find it pretty eh. Remember, thats an opinion.

hey this song. awesome, I havent heard it in almost 2 years. drop-d chords + echo/delay pedal = win

Alexisonfire - Burial

Pretty amazing song, most Alexisonfire includes screaming, this is their first song (that I've heard) without that. Amazing guitar playing with some fairly haunting vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xl9XEDjQN8

Something very... 90s about this. I think it's the semi-cheesy piano samples in those... minor chords of some kind. Guitar is a nice touch. I wish they had given more space for the instruments and left the voices out for a few more bars.

Also: NO MORE YOUTUBE EMBED, IN MY MUSIC FORUM? :<

Department of Eagles - The Cold Nose 9/10

Dan Rossen's first band and first major release before he joined Grizzly Bear. This very different from Grizzly Bear and even DoA's second release, In Ear Park, but it's a great thing, and I hope that Rossen returns to this sound once again.

A lot of the tunes on this sound very Radiohead-ish with a fusion of rock and electronic beats and sounds. Dan Rossen's voice sounds very different from how he does in his latest recordings, and it's a good thing. He sounds a bit British in these recordings, in fact. Some of the other tracks are very heavy in hip-hop, trip-hop or whatever you'd like to call it. I'd like to say the album is almost as versatile as Radiohead's Kid A, though perhaps more accessible.

If you care about the real indie-rock movement or Grizzly Bear, you should definitely pick up this album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhvwf1QCrk4

tumblr_kt9w3dXOw21qa0rwm.jpg

Christmas present. This guy is absolutely fantastic. Still one of the most unique and hypnotic sounds I've heard. Some really interesting and engaging songs. I don't think I've ever heard better songs that tell stories. New sig is compliments of Avalanche Patrol (funnily enough, it's probably my least favorite song, but the opening lyrics are great).

@ frosted: Yet another artist that I encouraged you to listen to a long while back? Tsk, tsk.

The Curfew - Hard To Be One

Excellent song, first I heard it in some Chineese car commerical but now I love it. Hollis is great singer and I always enjoy Inchmale's solo.

RIP Jimmy Carlyle.

Ready to Rock and Runnin' Wild by Airbourne

Love it! They sound like a younger and much more energetic version of AC/DC.
Props to Aussie's when it comes to classic rock.

Earth, Wind & Fire - September

Seriously, I can't think of any other song that will boost your spirits INSTANTLY.

down - beautifully depressed

hoollllly shit down are too good times. helps being half way to a godless drunken wreck and somewhat blazed on other occasions but man can they lick a riff.

Ready to Rock and Runnin' Wild by Airbourne

Love it! They sound like a younger and much more energetic version of AC/DC.
Props to Aussie's when it comes to classic rock.

Finally someone else who digs them.. Everyone I mention them to are all like 'OMG THEY COPY ACDC SO BAD THEY ****IN SUK OLOLOLO'. I think it's awesome, it's pretty much like ACDC is putting out twice as much albums. To be honest, I kind of like Airbourne better too.

Modest Mouse - Ocean Breathes Salty. I'm in love with this song at the moment!

the austerity program - song 12

this is two guys and a drum machine playing noise-orientated punk with a good thick dollop of sludge thrown in for good measure. it's like... the best and worst thing ever to happen, and for that it's fantastic. more bands should do really ridiculous things that make my ears happy.

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism. Still one of the best Death Cab songs and a definite favourite.

Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack. The songs were uplifting and were good all round.

Clark - Turning Dragon

I hated everything but the first and last song on this album. Then I got new headphones and listened to it again. Holy crap it's actually really good.

51DPd4qupOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

After seeing a few people post about it, I picked it up and goddamn, what a great album. I usually don't listen to this kind of music, hell, I thought it was a hip hop album. Anyway, I don't know, it's just really good. I'm terrible at describing music or hyping it up in text form (probably due to my extreme hate for album reviews, as if you can sum up MUSIC in text form...which is what I'm doing oh god post impl

creations-explosion-troyes-france-600091.jpg

Back