New MGS4 Trailer: Shadow Moses revisited?

Cool wait WTF at young snake??!!?!?!

We've also seen a yound snake at the end of one of the other trailers as well. Kojima had better not pull an MGS 2 on us here.

Oh great, we're gonna get a magic serum that will cure Snake's old age and imminent death.

That is, unless Kojima decided to grow a pair of gigantic brass balls and begin the game with Snake blowing his head off and the rest being the hallucinations of a dying man as the last few months of his life flash before his eyes, intermingled with recollections of days long past.

Ok. My hype level for this game just went up exponentially!!! That looks so incredibly bad-ass!!! Maybe I am just excited to see something other than that one damn level!!! Wow. Looks AWESOME.

Holy shit awesome. If they port mgs1 to the ps3 with new graphics I'm so buying a ps3 plus mgs4.

Though I'm still going to raise an eyebrow at people who buy an xbox 360 just for gta 4 or any other game.

Just watched the extended version and my hype level increased even further. REPLAY MGS??? Wow. I was thinking how awesome it would be to be able to do that but that it was probably unreasonable to think such a thing as the snowy level is probably just a nice homage to the days of yore. But it might be the real deal??? I must try to stay calm....

Clone? Yet another Snake? ('twould be what? The 6th Snake?)

Just watched the extended version and my hype level increased even further. REPLAY MGS??? Wow. I was thinking how awesome it would be to be able to do that but that it was probably unreasonable to think such a thing as the snowy level is probably just a nice homage to the days of yore. But it might be the real deal??? I must try to stay calm....

Ditto if it they include a remake of mgs1 with MGS4 A.I etc then that seals it for me, I'd buy a ps3 for it.

Who knows?

I'm thinking that Old Snake will have flashbacks of past events during MGS4. This may be one of those flashbacks.

So what would I be missing if the only metal gear I've ever played, or even seen for that matter, was the very first one for the NES? Should I even bother checking this out?

This could be a small section of MGS1 you get to play as a VR mission bonus content type thing.

But, if they remade the whole original game, awesome, I'd get it.

It's already been confirmed that MGS4 will contain optional flashbacks showing cutscenes from the previous games for people who aren't up to date with the story. That is likely just footage from on of these cutscenes.

Edit: Ok I foolishly wrote that before watching it. Now I'm very confused.

It's already been confirmed that MGS4 will contain optional flashbacks showing cutscenes from the previous games for people who aren't up to date with the story. That is likely just footage from on of these cutscenes.

Edit: Ok I foolishly wrote that before watching it. Now I'm very confused.
Man that would be great if some of these optional flashbacks be actually playable. I can imagine replaying old boss fights, or maybe see what went on on snake's side in mgs 2. That would be too awesome.

Looks great.
If they port MGS to MGS4 engine, I'll buy PS3.

LOL at Kojima's engrish "Did you rike it?"

MGS4 = Love.

The kind of love between a man and a fine young virgin teenage girl.

maybe there is a part where snake before getting so old,goes back to the abandoned shadow moses

however in the tgs 07 trailer there was also confirmed snake go back to shadow moses

Did anyone notice that the base looks completely snowed-in and abandoned? Maybe Snake goes back to Shadow Moses, but after (or prior to) the events of Metal Gear Solid.

To pick up Rex :E

I'm sorry I caaaannn't hear you over the awesomeness of a full port!!

Nobody ever said that was happening. They already remade the game and I doubt they'll do it again.
Wow. Way to spoil the fun! Good thing you don't work for the Lottery Commission--half the fun is dreaming about the possibilities!!! A full port of all the previous games into the new engine would be STELLAR!!!

MGS4 is quickly becoming a powerful reason for buying the PS3 over the 360. But it's still the only reason, unfortunately, which is not enough. Looks like it will be a while before I play it, except in the unlikely case that it gets ported to the Xbox.

MGS4 is quickly becoming a powerful reason for buying the PS3 over the 360. But it's still the only reason, unfortunately, which is not enough. Looks like it will be a while before I play it, except in the unlikely case that it gets ported to the Xbox.

This, really.

Certainly this. At least my brother has a PS3 and I can use it so I get to play MGS 4 :D

Well, it seems that most of my friends seem to be buying the PS3 out of nothing but brand loyalty to the PS2(they're mostly casual gamers who don't really research the consoles), so I might get my chance there.

Well, it seems that most of my friends seem to be buying the PS3 out of nothing but brand loyalty to the PS2(they're mostly casual gamers who don't really research the consoles)

This as well, most of my friends are very much so casual gamers, the only game they would buy is the new Pro Evo or Gta etc.

Damn MGS4 is out in just over a month, I need to play it. Must thread carefully teh internetz for fear of spoilage.

Back