Next Half-life to Scare and 'Broaden Emotional Palette'

Gabe, what is best in life?

THE DEATH OF YOUR ENEMIES' CHILDREN. THE FADING OF THEIR ABILITIES.

The only way the next Half-Life could be scary is if the final boss is Gay Ben himself and he eats you and you must fight your way through his bowels like some kind of disturbing vore fantasy.

Gabe is the end all. It is the ultimate, and it is the finale. He will eat all of us as we lay dying, and there will be no quickload. The singularity maw will consume our gaming spirits, and we will rock the inner recesses of his insides with our WASD might until the end of- I'm really not at liberty to say.

Stealth edits.

This tells us valve have not started half-life 3.

I think they'll start when they have an awesome idea. There's nothing awesome right now.

Half-life is all about the blowing of minds. If minds can't be blown valve won't bother with it.

I just trolled through this thread but the most likely thing Valve will do is announce they've had a major set-back and:

Valve: "We have had a major programming error"

Translation: "We have decided we will sit on the money we earned from Half-life 2 and let you sore nerds die unsatisfied"

sorry, why does this seem to implicate that valve haven't started epsiode 3 yet?

sorry, why does this seem to implicate that valve haven't started epsiode 3 yet?

He probably didn't get the implication from this thread, but rather some other source and associated it with this thread: his mind conviced itself(or rather his subconcious influenced this decision) and he jumped to the conclusion that this thread had somehow stated this opinion.

The alterior theory is he's just plain deluded and right now, he's in some mental asylum pondering what he shall do next after vigirously trolling the Half-life forums tyring to ascend from the petty rank of Manhack("I would never troll the forums *Guilty look**wink**wink*").

Edit: Combine Soldeir, not Manhack. Sorry for that mistake.

Seriously, the amount of times lately people in the news forum have been spouting off about Valve not having started work on Ep3 is starting to make me doubt the general IQ level around here. You can rant and rail about Valve Time all you like, I'll even chime in, but to say they're only in the design stages, or that they haven't done any actual work on the game, goddamn that's retarded. That's a special level of retarded.

I just trolled through this thread but the most likely thing Valve will do is announce they've had a major set-back and:

Valve: "We have had a major programming error"

Translation: "We have decided we will sit on the money we earned from Half-life 2 and let you sore nerds die unsatisfied"

That's funny - Valve only ever announced one major setback, and have released many games since without any apparent issue.

Did Valve insult your mother or something?

Seriously, the amount of times lately people in the news forum have been spouting off about Valve not having started work on Ep3 is starting to make me doubt the general IQ level around here. You can rant and rail about Valve Time all you like, I'll even chime in, but to say they're only in the design stages, or that they haven't done any actual work on the game, goddamn that's retarded. That's a special level of retarded.

why you targeting me? I never said I agree with them?

i guess if they want half-life to go dark, gordon can start hurting himself because he's a morphine addict.

He smashes his wrists with his crowbar, until he hears the soothing "Morphine Administered" from his apathetic carapace.

Sounds awesome.. Man, this waiting is killing me. I just... Cant... Wait... Any longer...

That's funny - Valve only ever announced one major setback, and have released many games since without any apparent issue.

Did Valve insult your mother or something?

Well no, but I must say I have an uncanny hate towards Valve.

make me doubt the general IQ level around here.

This is a forum: most people here are college/Pre-school rejects and drop-outs: ok, maybe you do get the occasional fanatic pedant who has a monster IQ, squandering it on petty games(so my teachers say) but most people here would strugle to qualify in a Job as easy as eating pie or tredding on bubble-wrap.

This is a forum: most people here are college/Pre-school rejects and drop-outs: ok, maybe you do get the occasional fanatic pedant who has a monster IQ, squandering it on petty games(so my teachers say) but most people here would strugle to qualify in a Job as easy as eating pie or tredding on bubble-wrap.

Okay. I'm pre-emptively banning you because you're too good for us, and we wouldn't want you getting pulled down to our level.

Also because you're a dick.

I love how he spelled it 'tredding', like he didn't know how to spell 'treading'.
He clearly did it for ironic effect.

And "strugle." I like to start off my day with a breakfast strugle.

Are we talking about episode 3 or half-life 3?

Sorry i'm utterly confused.

They haven't started hl3 but have started ep3.

Back