NK Admitts to Having Nukes

burner69 said:
Crazed people who invade countries on false pretenses, resulting in thousands of dead innocents?
Countries that sell chemical weapons, and other types of WMD to politically unstable countries, and ones with appalling human rights records?
Countries with a very large stockpile of nuclear weapons.
Countries that break internatinal law.

I'm being dramatic, but just demonstrating how there's never a black and white. The US cannot go around doing what its doing, possess nuclear weapons, then say NK can't have them.

And NK are not likely to use them. As soon as they did they'd be obliterated, I doubt they want that.
The U.S. doesn't want NK having them because NK is pretty likely to use them given the chance. Plus NK would use them as a bargaining chip in negotiations with both the US and other countries.

The U.S. doesn't ever mean that it wants to be the only country in possesion of nuclear arms. If that were the case then they would be threatening France and the UK right now.

Oh noes!

Tr0n has wmds

But seriously, Kim jong-il is crazy.

He owns the largest collection of daffy duck cartoons (Just a rumor...but it could be true), and is also a fan of michael jackson.

1400000 hits! it must be true!!!!!!

I did not say that it must be true because of the hits. Only that by going to a search engine he could read up on it and discover it was true.

Sainku said:
Oh noes!

Tr0n has wmds

But seriously, Kim jong-il is crazy.

He owns the largest collection of daffy duck cartoons (Just a rumor...but it could be true), and is also a fan of michael jackson.
You found them!?!?! :|

Maybe I shouldn't put them in my closet next time.

Sprafa said:
didn't they do this ... a few years ago

It wasn't public in the past... A whisper from a NK politician to a US statesmen.... Now they're saying it to the world.

Maybe getting ready for a test.

I know a war with NK would suk unless we had the ballz to ignore the liberal whiners and just glass parking lot the place.

I used to do war games in the Navy against NK... Thier boats (subs) are primitive and short ranged but silent as a church mouse and they have a lot of them... It wouldn't be a rollover like Iraq.

Their people are brainwashed but fanatical... You could fight conventionaly and win but it would hurt...

Real question is: Who do they have targeted with thier nukes? Japan or Alaska? If they have the range to make California would anyone notice? LOL

Sgt_Shellback said:
It wasn't public in the past... A whisper from a NK politician to a US statesmen.... Now they're saying it to the world.

I know a war with NK would suk unless we had the ballz to ignore the liberal whiners and just glass parking lot the place.

I used to do war games in the Navy against NK... Thier boats (subs) are primitive and short ranged but silent as a church mouse.

Their people are brainwashed but fanatical... You could fight conventionaly and win but it would hurt...

Real question is: Who do they have targeted with thier nukes? Japan or Alaska? If they have the range to make California would anyone notice? LOL

*Plays dramatic cello music.* :p

Sgt_Shellback said:

I used to do war games in the Navy against NK... Thier boats (subs) are primitive and short ranged but silent as a church mouse and they have a lot of them... It wouldn't be a rollover like Iraq.

The US probably wouldnt need to fight NK in a war..
NK would most likely target Japan, Hong kong or Taiwan- which would do significant economic damage to the US, however, it would be even worse for China, who would lose a huge amount of trading ability.
China is probably waiting for the first sign of a flashpoint to launch a surgical strike.. and by that, I mean bombing the everlasting crap out of NK airbases and silos.

Notice the US pulled the troops on the parallel further south.. thereby saving them from being involved immediately after an attack, I think that as long as its contained to that region, the US will leave it to china- which has a massive military.

I hope you're right.... And wish our missle defense system was worth more than a wooden nickle to stop the first strike no matter where.

Pulling away from the DMZ will be later analyzed by the conspiracy theorists as inviting an attack. You watch.

bliink said:
The US probably wouldnt need to fight NK in a war..
NK would most likely target Japan, Hong kong or Taiwan- which would do significant economic damage to the US, however, it would be even worse for China, who would lose a huge amount of trading ability.
China is probably waiting for the first sign of a flashpoint to launch a surgical strike.. and by that, I mean bombing the everlasting crap out of NK airbases and silos.

Notice the US pulled the troops on the parallel further south.. thereby saving them from being involved immediately after an attack, I think that as long as its contained to that region, the US will leave it to china- which has a massive military.
Ya but China is considered North Korea's main ally. I have never heard of any hostility between the two countries.

The Mullinator said:
Ya but China is considered North Korea's main ally. I have never heard of any hostility between the two countries.

China and NK have a cold relationship at best.... They've been having some border disputes mainly to do with refugees.

Sgt_Shellback said:
China and NK have a cold relationship at best.... They've been having some border disputes mainly to do with refugees.
Well thats good news to me at least. The fewer friends North Korea has the better.

The Mullinator said:
Well thats good news to me at least. The fewer friends North Korea has the better.

I dunno... I'm not so sure China would get invloved the way Bliink described....

If I had ot guess I'd say they'd wait until the outcome is mostly decided and jump in on the winning team to do a large land grab.

Sgt_Shellback said:
I dunno... I'm not so sure China would get invloved the way Bliink described....

If I had ot guess I'd say they'd wait until the outcome is mostly decided and jump in on the winning team to do a large land grab.
I don't know...If china was to do that all that would happen is more chaos and bitching.

South Korea would want to be re-united with North Korea.

So you have to think about the politics with it....In my mind if we do ever attack we're just gonna tell China to stay out of it.

Tr0n said:
I don't know...If china was to do that all that would happen is more chaos and bitching.

South Korea would want to be re-united with North Korea.

So you have to think about the politics with it....In my mind if we do ever attack we're just gonna tell China to stay out of it.

All this speculation kinda leaves us sitting around for a launch to see what happens next.

My prediction... NK launches towards Seoul... The detonator fails, no big bang, just a small area contamination of low grade plutonium and burning HE. Next to no damage and no life lost at least immediately (Maybe some of the clean-up crew or soldiers who are first on the scene.)

Long delay to realize what happned and then............ Foxhole war...

Now you can give me a dramatic trailer Burner.... lol.

Sgt_Shellback said:
All this speculation kinda leaves us sitting around for a launch to see what happens next.

My prediction... NK launches towards Seoul... The detonator fails, no big bang, just a small area contamination of low grade plutonium and burning HE. Next to no damage and no life lost at least immediately (Maybe some of the clean-up crew or soldiers who are first on the scene.)

Long delay to realize what happned and then............ Foxhole war...

Now you can give me a dramatic trailer Burner.... lol.
My question is, why haven't we blown them to shit yet? We have the technology, we can destroy them.
I dunno about them actually using a nuke, i worry more about them selling one, as crazy as Kim Jong Il is I think he realizes if he fires just one nuke his whole country is gonna be f*cking destroyed, leveled, gone, you could take it off the maps of the world, so, he may be a crazy mofo, but I don;t think he's suicidal, now, a rogue general staging a coup might be a different problem

Icarusintel said:
My question is, why haven't we blown them to shit yet? We have the technology, we can destroy them.
I dunno about them actually using a nuke, i worry more about them selling one, as crazy as Kim Jong Il is I think he realizes if he fires just one nuke his whole country is gonna be f*cking destroyed, leveled, gone, you could take it off the maps of the world, so, he may be a crazy mofo, but I don;t think he's suicidal, now, a rogue general staging a coup might be a different problem
Again that infamous word...

Politics.

Icarusintel said:

"blowing them to shit" would "solve" the problem, but we are talking about mostly inocent human life you're planing to "blow to shit". I'd hardly call that reason... It needs to be worked out differently... explore all other avenues... plus north korea doesnt have alot of oil, so i dont see why the US would be interested...

LoL. Admits? I wouldn't be so sure, N. Korea likes to make noise. They may just be saying that to scare off some lesser countries, namely S. Korea.

Sorta like "my country could beat up your country" mentality. N.korea is a try hard bully of the playgroud.

burnzie said:
Sorta like "my country could beat up your country" mentality. N.korea is a try hard bully of the playgroud.

So what's the US?

The held back 15 year old who steals little kids' money?

Note: Being a centrist, I do not actually support the message that this post gives off..... :D

More like the 35 yr old pedophile going round and ravaging the smaller countrys.

*im only makeing a joke, not intending to flame

burnzie said:
More like the 35 yr old pedophile going round and ravaging the smaller countrys.
Pedophiles and rapings are funny rotflmazorz!!!111oneone!.

Comparing countries to playgrounds is just silly. I guess North Korea would be the weird kid who likes to cut himself. North America Im sure everyone thinks of as the bully, steals money and chocolate milk.

Who would australia be? Surely you can see the flaws in your country and some of its actions and compile them all into a playground sterotype?

GhostFox said:
Hey...I have an idea! Let's use logic to take a process we know works and apply it elsewhere.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Kim+Jong+Il,+living+God&meta=

51,500 hits! Amazing! And here I thought GhostFox made all this up! Boy, him and that common knowladge of his. Gotta admire that. :p
Wow, the word "god" appears twice in that whole article! So people are taught that kim jong ( a communist leader) is a living god, very interesting much like Lenin and stalin

Wow, common sense tells me that if you make your people think that you are god then they will follow your every command, and adore you. The emperor of japan was considered a living god, and he thought he was. But that did not stop him from signing the peace treaty to end the war.

Wow, You are relying on the evidence of a former body guard of Kim jong? You know that his bodyguards are taught all kinds of things in an attempt to ensure that they are fanatically devoted to him?

Sainku said:
Pedophiles and rapings are funny rotflmazorz!!!111oneone!.

Comparing countries to playgrounds is just silly. I guess North Korea would be the weird kid who likes to cut himself. North America Im sure everyone thinks of as the bully, steals money and chocolate milk.

Who would australia be? Surely you can see the flaws in your country and some of its actions and compile them all into a playground sterotype?
You know Canada is also in North America right?

The Mullinator said:

Apologies sir, I meant The United States. I cant correct it.

Oh, becuase of a singular instance, Canada is now hugely different then the US? Ever travel to Europe? You tell them you are Canadian and they say "I already knew you were American." Half the time they actually think it is the same place, the other half they realize that the differences are so subtle that they choose to ignore them.

GhostFox said:
Yes, his teachings state that he is a living god. Why are you so uninformed?

Are you denying he is old? The man is in his 60's, and never has had great health. He could easily go in the next 10 years.

What has he ever done to give you that impression? All his lunitical ravings have convinced you that the man is sane?

I don't deny that the man is bad, is full of himself, and is aged.

But that's not evidence. "He's old, he may want to take everybody out with him!". You're grasping at straws.

...And then you went and used the Google search engine to prove your point. Wow, so if I get a million hits with the words "Bush" and "Nazi", he must be one!

http://www.googlefight.com is your friend.

And then you went and used the Google search engine to prove your point.

Incorrect. I used google in order to give people the tools to prove my point themselves. I quickly get sick of people wanting common knowladge issues sourced. I figure if I can show people how to look things up for themselves, maybe I won't have to do it so often.

GhostFox said:
Oh, becuase of a singular instance, Canada is now hugely different then the US? Ever travel to Europe? You tell them you are Canadian and they say "I already knew you were American." Half the time they actually think it is the same place, the other half they realize that the differences are so subtle that they choose to ignore them.
Culturally yes there is little difference. Although I think when Europeans say a Canadian is American they are reffering to us as being "North Americans". My experiences travelling through France 2 years ago though show that they held different views of Americans and Canadians. I hate to say it but everyone did seem friendlier if they knew we were from Canada.

I was, and still am a supporter of the action that was taken in Iraq, however... I wish we would back down regarding the whole situation with North Korea. We don't need to press it. It's only going to worsen things.

Operation Ivy said:
Im not worried about Iran or NK because they know if they do anything to us or the western world they will gone in a matter of minutes.
NK though should be spending some $$ to help its people instead of spending it all on these nukes...heres an example

nklights.jpg

Lights out at nine o'clock :D

I guess NK have a few targets of oppurtunity:
US Navy (Invading)
South Korea (Sizeable military presence at border)
Japan (Just for conveniance)
US (If they indeed have Inter-Continental Missiles, why not?)

Back