NK Admitts to Having Nukes

Raziaar said:
Damn. Is that image showing that there are very few lights and stuff in North Korea? Geez. That speck of light must be coming from the palace.

Thats the radioactive glow ;)

Tr0n said:
South Korea would want to be re-united with North Korea..

what?!?! North and South Korea Hate eachother. :x

is it me? or do Japan hate China.... South Korea hates Japan.... North Korea hates South Korea. its like a vicious circle of death. i wudnt like to get involved in a fight between all them countries. :eek:

Bodacious said:
Israel will take care of Iran. Israel will bomb Iran's reactors, just like they did Iraq's.

NK will collapse and the people will revolt, that or we will do something in retaliation.

The UN is going to do nothing. They don't give a damn about humanitarian violations. They might pass a resolution, but what does that mean? Others can ignore resolutions for entire decades and nothing happnes.

I bet the UN would be interested in NK if some of its members were bribed under the guise of humanitarian effort, though.
The people of NK don't stand a chance of having a successful revolt; NK has an army of around 1.2 million.

And you say the UN doesn't care about human rights violations. And America does? Please don't force me to prove you wrong again.

Icarusintel said:
My question is, why haven't we blown them to shit yet? We have the technology, we can destroy them.
I dunno about them actually using a nuke, i worry more about them selling one, as crazy as Kim Jong Il is I think he realizes if he fires just one nuke his whole country is gonna be f*cking destroyed, leveled, gone, you could take it off the maps of the world, so, he may be a crazy mofo, but I don;t think he's suicidal, now, a rogue general staging a coup might be a different problem
You must be a Bush supporter.

In the real world we don't just 'blow things to shit'. NK has at least 2 nukes and an army of about 1.2 million. If we went in right now it would be a disaster for not only the US but also for Japan, China and other countries in that area.

But hey, at least we got Iraq; that proved to be extremely useful.

No Limit said:
You must be a Bush supporter.

In the real world we don't just 'blow things to shit'. NK has at least 2 nukes and an army of about 1.2 million. If we went in right now it would be a disaster for not only the US but also for Japan, China and other countries in that area.

But hey, at least we got Iraq; that proved to be extremely useful.

Oh shut it. Don't be labelling all bush supporters as nuclear weapons fans. This guy wants to nuke em all, he MUST be a bush supporter!

Raziaar said:
Oh shut it. Don't be labelling all bush supporters as nuclear weapons fans. This guy wants to nuke em all, he MUST be a bush supporter!
How much money do you want to bet he is a Bush supporter?

No Limit said:
How much money do you want to bet he is a Bush supporter?

I think he is based on previous comments in these forums, but his preference on whether to nuke or not is a bullshit way to assume someone is a bush supporter, or not.

Raziaar said:
I think he is based on previous comments in these forums, but his preference on whether to nuke or not is a bullshit way to assume someone is a bush supporter, or not.
I'm not going to argue over this but I have not seen any of his past comments just that one. I wonder how I knew. :rolleyes:

No Limit said:
I'm not going to argue over this but I have not seen any of his past comments just that one. I wonder how I knew. :rolleyes:

Because you have the stupid minded view that every nut job is somehow a bush supporter and couldn't possibly not support bush?

Am I not right?

Raziaar said:
Because you have the stupid minded view that every nut job is somehow a bush supporter and couldn't possibly not support bush?

Am I not right?
No, I was right in my assumption without ever reading any of his past comments. As soon as he said 'blow them to shit' a red flag went up that he is a Bush supporter. I was right which tells you something about Bush supporters, simple as that and case closed; I will not argue this anymore.

No Limit said:
No, I was right in my assumption without ever reading any of his past comments. As soon as he said 'blow them to shit' a red flag went up that he is a Bush supporter. I was right which tells you something about Bush supporters, simple as that and case closed; I will not argue this anymore.

Because you're full of it, and you know it.

No Limit said:
The people of NK don't stand a chance of having a successful revolt; NK has an army of around 1.2 million.

And you say the UN doesn't care about human rights violations. And America does? Please don't force me to prove you wrong again.

I bet that army goes hungry fro a couple of days at a time. Oppress people long enough and they will be fed up with the leadership.

Yes, america does. We went into Iraq and liberated 25 million people and stopped a tyrant from filling mas graves. We went to Somalia and made sure those peopl were fed. We went to Liberia and stopped a civil war. We went to Kosovo and stopped Slobidan. There are a lot of places where we had opportunities to save lives, but America can't be everywhere at one time.
I like how you think you prove me wrong when you pull shit our of your ass and call it fact. I would love to see what you come up with this time.

Bodacious said:
I bet that army goes hungry fro a couple of days at a time. Oppress people long enough and they will be fed up with the leadership.

Yes, america does. We went into Iraq and liberated 25 million people and stopped a tyrant from filling mas graves. We went to Somalia and made sure those peopl were fed. We went to Liberia and stopped a civil war. We went to Kosovo and stopped Slobidan. There are a lot of places where we had opportunities to save lives, but America can't be everywhere at one time.

Does that includs putting dictators to power in South America?

The_Monkey said:
Does that includs putting dictators to power in South America?

Where did I say America was perfect? I didn't did I? America has saved more lives than it has condemned.

Bodacious said:

I like how you think you prove me wrong when you pull shit our of your ass and call it fact. I would love to see what you come up with this time.
Pull stuff out of my ass and call it fact? You do not have any proof of this so I will just say you stepped over the line there.

The UN has a much greater presence in Somalia than the US ever did. Don't you remember what happened there in 93? Here is what the UN is doing there:

http://www.unsomalia.net/

Liberia? Again the UN had just as much to do with everything:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/li.html

The United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL), which maintains a strong presence throughout the country, completed a disarmament program for former combatants in late 2004, but the security situation is still volatile and the process of rebuilding the social and economic structure of this war-torn country remains sluggish.

and

the arrival of a UN mission are all encouraging signs that the political crisis is coming to an end.

Kosovo? Again, you are misinformed if you think the UN had nothing to do with that:

http://www.nato.int/kosovo/docu/u990610a.htm

http://www.unmikonline.org/

A couple UN human rights advances:

http://www.un.org.np/stories/success1.php

http://www.iol.ie/~afifi/BICNews/Afaiz/afaiz12.htm

Notice how they achived all that peacefully. Now, how come the US isn't in Rwanda or Sudan; what is going on there right now is far worse than what ever happened in Iraq. Oh that's right they can't be everywhere at once, you always have great explainations like "I don't know why" :LOL: :LOL:.

Now, explain this since the US is so concerned about human rights while the UN isn't. How come the US was responsible for the death of about half a million children in Iraq when they bombed their water treatment centers and when asked they said it was worth it. If you ask for a source it is proof you ignore everything that is said here as Stern posted a source thousands of times and I know you've seen it.

Bodacious said:
Where did I say America was perfect? I didn't did I? America has saved more lives than it has condemned.
Oh please, what a load of crap. You are quick to say the UN doesn't give a shit about human rights because of a couple instences and then you say that the US isn't perfect but they are good when it does the exact same thing as the UN.

Bodacious said:

Where exactly? You have killed more lives in Iraq than Saddam did during all his time in power.

The_Monkey said:
Where exactly? You have killed more lives in Iraq than Saddam did during all his time in power.

You can only throw people in wood chippers so fast!

Bodacious said:
Yes, america does. We went into Iraq and liberated 25 million people and stopped a tyrant from filling mas graves.

some of your own making dont you think?

Bodacious said:
We went to Somalia and made sure those peopl were fed.

bodacious said:
We went to Liberia and stopped a civil war.

exactly only 200 US troops ever landed in liberia ..you had 2300 troops sitting in boats offshore ...there were more ethiopian troops in Liberia then there were americans

14,000 UN peacekeepers (made up of mostly african troops) forced Charles taylor out of office, the US never had a chance to commit it's troops

bodacious said:
We went to Kosovo and stopped Slobidan.

yes but not without controversy and the use of questionable tactics

even some americans disagree

Bodacious said:
There are a lot of places where we had opportunities to save lives, but America can't be everywhere at one time.

well I sort of agree, yet more often then not your "help" is self-serving and the methodology employed is highly questionable

This is pretty intresting, its the information of the US deployement to other countries in the world.:)

from 1950 - 2003 *

GhostFox said:
*falls off my chair laughing*

well lets see, if he says more civilians then he is correct ..if he says more soldiers then he is wrong ...I think the implication is civilian deaths. The bulk of saddam's deaths that he's responsible for was during the iraq-iran war were he was the aggressor ...800,000 deaths ..a conservative estimate of saddam's civilian deaths have been put between 200 k -300 k

"Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it."

yet more often then not your "help" is self-serving

I've always found this line of reasioning interesting. Let's say one of the reasons Bush did go into Iraq was for oil. Doesn't that just make him that much smarter? Between Helping people, and Helping people and securing cheap oil, why would anyone not take the latter? It's not like you are no longer helping people. If you can benifit yourself as well as them, doesn't the double the groups benefiting from the action? I don't see how gaining something from Iraq makes it less noble.

I donate money to charity. Not only do I get rewarded from the good feeling I get, but I get tax breaks.

I volunteer quite a bit. Again I feel good about it, and it looks really good on my resume.

So would I still do these things if I didn't benefit? I would. But between helping other people and myself at the same time, or just helping other people, I will take the first one every time.

Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

First of all, you mean UN sanctions. I love how everyone is all high and mighty about the UN, but once it comes to Iraq they are magically "US" sanctions.

Second of all those deaths had nothing to do at all with the sanctions. So you just admitted that Saddam killed at least 500,000 children alone.

Maximum Number of Civilians killed during US invasion? 17,902.

Wait....17,902 is a larger number then millions? I guess I am just stupid for thinking it was smaller.

GhostFox said:
First of all, you mean UN sanctions. I love how everyone is all high and mighty about the UN, but once it comes to Iraq they are magically "US" sanctions.

Second of all those deaths had nothing to do at all with the sanctions. So you just admitted that Saddam killed at least 500,000 children alone.

Wait....17,902 is a larger number then millions? I guess I am just stupid for thinking it was smaller.
No son, AMERICA bombed water treatment centers in Iraq killing hlaf a million children; it has nothing to do with the UN or Saddam.

No son, AMERICA bombed water treatment centers in Iraq killing hlaf a million children; it has nothing to do with the UN or Saddam.

Show me the # of the US resolution passed.

Ghost Fox, its a bit of long read but you might find some elements interesting.

For more than ten years, the United States has deliberately pursued a policy of destroying the water treatment system of Iraq, knowing full well the cost in Iraqi lives. The United Nations has estimated that more than 500,000 Iraqi children have died as a result of sanctions, and that 5,000 Iraqi children continue to die every month for this reason.

The Geneva Convention is absolutely clear. In a 1979 protocol relating to the "protection of victims of international armed conflicts," Article 54, it states: "It is prohibited to attack, destroy, remove, or render useless objects indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, such as foodstuffs, crops, livestock, drinking water installations and supplies, and irrigation works, for the specific purpose of denying them for their sustenance value to the civilian population or to the adverse Party, whatever the motive, whether in order to starve out civilians, to cause them to move away, or for any other motive."

Source

The United Nations has estimated that more than 500,000 Iraqi children have died as a result of sanctions

Again...what US sanction? I think you are confusing US and UN.

If you want to say the UN killed 500,000 children, you could make more of a case. But you'd still be wrong.

look no media source can say how much saddam killed during his evil tyrant reign. i see you all believe whatever the media say, how do they know how much saddam killed?

GhostFox said:
Again...what US sanction? I think you are confusing US and UN.

If you want to say the UN killed 500,000 children, you could make more of a case. But you'd still be wrong.
You are reading this the wrong way. Sure, they were UN sanctions but the US is the one bombing these water treatement centers killing thousands of children each month. The UN clearly prohibits this.

Sure, they were UN sanctions but the US is the one bombing these water treatement centers killing thousands of children each month. The UN clearly prohibits this

When do you think they were bombed?

And you now admit they were UN sanctions? So was it deliberate spin before when you said "US Sanctions" or were you uninformed?

GhostFox said:

refute this document ..the number one cause of deaths for children under ther age of 5 was diseases brought on by lack of sanitary water

IRAQ WATER TREATMMENT VULNERABILITIES Jan 91

FAILING TO SECURE SUPPLIES WILL RESULT IN A SHORTAGE OF
PURE DRINKING WATER FOR MUCH OF THE POPULATION. THIS COULD LEAD TO INCREASED INCIDENCES, IF NOT EPIDEMICS, OF DISEASE AND TO CERTAIN PURE-WATER-DEPENDENT INDUSTRIES BECOMING INCAPACITATED, INCLUDING PETRO CHEMICALS, FERTILIZERS, PETROLEUM REFINING, ELECTRONICS,PHARMACEUTICALS, FOOD PROCESSING, TEXTILES, CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION,AND THERMAL POWERPLANTS.

FULL DEGRADATION OF THE WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM PROBABLY WILL TAKE AT LEAST ANOTHER 6 MONTHS.

GhostFox said:

ummm that number is during this war, not operation desert storm ..figures for that war range from 30,000 - 70,000 dead civilians and another 100,000 dead iraqi soldiers ...the numbers of dead civilians during the sanctions run from 250,000 to 2 million ...even the UN people who were there said they'd probably never know the full extent of civilian deaths caused by the sanctions ..and before some smart mouth moans on and on about the oil-for-food program let me remind them that the oil-for-food program didnt start till 97 ..the sanctions were imposed in 1990 ...google Dennis Halliday

Stern;

1) Who imposed the sanctions? So leave the US out of it. If you want to blame the UN fine, and I still don't agree with you.

2) Who were the sanctions imposed against? Couldn't this mystery person have had them ended if he complied with UN resolutions? So even if the sanctions caused the deaths, wouldn't this mystery person still be at fault? Of course maybe he held back medicine he had stockpiled from all the kids dying of diarrhea, simply to try to make the UN look bad. This mystery person looks worse and worse all the time, doesn't he?

GhostFox said:
You tell them you are Canadian and they say "I already knew you were American." Half the time they actually think it is the same place, the other half they realize that the differences are so subtle that they choose to ignore them.

I have travelled in europe ..and not as a tourist ..I have lots of family in europe and you're talking thru your ass again. I tell people I'm canadian, NO MATTER WHERE I AM, and I get a smile ...if canadians are the same as americans why would an american company make this?

GhostFox said:
What did you ask stern? I missed it I guess.

refute this document

if canadians are the same as americans why would an american company make this?

It is called a joke and it was actually an anti-canadian joke.

you're talking thru your ass again.

I don't know where you get your ideas from. Many people will at the least consider NA all the same place, and I have run into people who think that Canada is actually just a US state. The countries are so similar that people from the US/Canada can't tell them apart. Why would you expect Europeans to be able to?

it's not a joke ..I watched an interview with the founder of the company ..on the cbc ..but we all know how you feel about the cbc

Back