NK Admitts to Having Nukes

It is a joke, and again it was anti-canadian. I don't get why you are supporting the guy so much.

It sometimes shocks me how openly anti-Canadian some celebrities from the U.S.A. are, of course it could just be a kind of joking rivalry, but they've got to be careful because sometimes it doesn't appear like that.

Stern, there is nothing I need to refute.

Saddam gives UN cause to sanction Iraq. Sanctions kill Iraqi people. Saddam killed them by proxy.

It is very cut and dry.

GhostFox said:
Stern, there is nothing I need to refute.

Saddam gives UN cause to sanction Iraq. Sanctions kill Iraqi people. Saddam killed them by proxy.

It is very cut and dry.

and since the US blocked water treatment components to rebuild key water desalination plants not to mention bombing them in the first place makes the US guilty not by proxy but directly

so you're telling me the US didnt know the bombing of water treatment plants would affect civilians and not saddam? ..I submit that that was the only reason the US took out the treatment plants because with the added pressure the US was hoping the people of iraq would rise in revolt ..but that never happened ..hence this war

btw why do you keep avoiding the cbc issue?

and since the US blocked water treatment components to rebuild key water desalination plants not to mention bombing them in the first place makes the US guilty not by proxy but directly

UN sanctions blocked them.

And Saddam could have had the sanctions removed at any time. And your double standered amazes me. The UN is perfect, whenever it does something bad, the US did it. Whenever the UN did something good, the US had no part of it. It is getting really pathetic on your part.

btw why do you keep avoiding the cbc issue?

What do you mean?

GhostFox said:
It is govt. owned and operated. That is fundementally wrong in a free society.

CptStern said:
please, the cbc isnt Pravda or UT-1 (ukraine govt run tv). The cbc is less government run than the bbc ..it relies on mostly public money but also recieves a big chunck from ad revenue ..it's hardly government controlled as you suggest ...it has to conform to specific guidelines that are exactly the same as any other media outlet in canada ..really I'm starting to question whether you truely are canadian ...cbc is is as much canadian as the mounted police, poutine or hockey night in canada ..but you'd know that if you were canadian

good maybe you can answer my original question

GhostFox said:
UN sanctions blocked them.

And Saddam could have had the sanctions removed at any time. And your double standered amazes me. The UN is perfect, whenever it does something bad, the US did it.

bullshit, I've often been critical of the UN ..specifically in their roles in Serbernica, Somalia, Bosnia, rwanda etc etc

I dont play favourites ..I call it as I see it regardless of what country is involved

cbc is is as much canadian

Not to everyone. Why do some Canadians have this idea that everyone has to conform to one narrow view? Guess what? I hate the queen. I think the GG should be executed for treason. I know that almost half of canadians (stupid old people) are monarchists. I don't go around saying all Canadians hate the queen. Not all Canadians love the CBC. Guess what, there are Canadians who hate hockey! There are canadians who dislike Grapes. Get over it.

please, the cbc isnt Pravda or UT-1

It does not matter. It is fundementally wrong for the govt. to have it's hands involved in media outlets. I don't support it anywhere in the world. Whether or not it is abused is immaterial. The impropriety exists regardless of the actions, and at some point the CBC will be dead. Less and less Canadians support it every day. You'd know that if you have read the NP lately.

and since the US blocked water treatment components to rebuild key water desalination plants

That is calling it how you see it? Let's try this again. It was whose sanctions that blocked those water treatment components?

a lot of british people dislike our royal family. especially after the "princess diana" incident.

a lot of british people dislike our royal family. especially after the "princess diana" incident.

I want to make it clear I have nothing against the Queen or the royal family as people. Or what they do in England.

My gripe is that I don't consider the Queen the Canadian head of state. If all ties were seperated to the monarchy I would be happy.

I don't want you thinking I hate your queen for personal reasons. I just don't think that she is my queen.

GhostFox said:
I want to make it clear I have nothing against the Queen or the royal family as people. Or what they do in England.

My gripe is that I don't consider the Queen the Canadian head of state. If all ties were seperated to the monarchy I would be happy.

I don't want you thinking I hate your queen for personal reasons. I just don't think that she is my queen.

lol i dont care, i dislike my queen, so why shouldnt you. :)

lol i dont care, i dislike my queen

There is actually a growing push to end the Monarchy in England. It is mainly for economic reasons, but you are not alone. I know someone living in London, and he is a big monarchist, so he complains bitterly on the phone all the time about the anti-monarchist movement.

Team America said it if there is one true dangerous person on this planet
its this Kim Wong Ching or whatvever is Name is

Lemonking said:
Team America said it if there is one true dangerous person on this planet
its this Kim Wong Ching or whatvever is Name is

So there we have it :p

burner69 said:
So there we have it :p

seriously that Movie had a message that Kim guy is the only person the World needs to fear and UN cant do shit about it
just as Kim said in the Movie "oh mister Blix what do wanna do if I dont obey to the UN ruls" Blix replys:"well we are gonna be very angry with u"
Thats the US has to take care of it cuz other countrys dont know how to it
BASTA

Lemonking said:
seriously that Movie had a message that Kim guy is the only person the World needs to fear and UN cant do shit about it
just as Kim said in the Movie "oh mister Blix what do wanna do if I dont obey to the UN ruls" Blix replys:"well we are gonna be very angry with u"
BASTA
Yes, the world is stupid and thank god for Bush's willingness to show the whole world how they were wrong about Saddam. Oh wait, oops.

Lemonking said:
BASTA

Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but if you come and debate it's usually expected that you'll use sources other than movies.

GhostFox said:
Not to everyone. Why do some Canadians have this idea that everyone has to conform to one narrow view? Guess what? I hate the queen. I think the GG should be executed for treason.

ok now you just sound like a lunatic ..the GG is just a figurehead

GhostFox said:
I know that almost half of canadians (stupid old people) are monarchists.

who? 50% of all canadians above what age? 30? 40? 50? I'm in that demographic somewhere and I dont feel that way ..actually no one in my circle of friends and family see it that way

GhostFox said:
I don't go around saying all Canadians hate the queen. Not all Canadians love the CBC. Guess what, there are Canadians who hate hockey! There are canadians who dislike Grapes. Get over it.

I'm sure there are but you're missing the point. If you really are canadian you'd see that the cbc is as much part of the canadian identity as any of those things I mentioned ..from Tommy Hunter, to wayne and shuster to the olympics ...for generations the cbc has been integral in difining us as canadians ..no canadian would disagree with me here

GhostFox said:
It does not matter. It is fundementally wrong for the govt. to have it's hands involved in media outlets. I don't support it anywhere in the world. Whether or not it is abused is immaterial. The impropriety exists regardless of the actions, and at some point the CBC will be dead.

:upstare: about as much chance of the same thing happening to the bbc

GhostFox said:
Less and less Canadians support it every day. You'd know that if you have read the NP lately.

support it? support what? do they picket on the streets yelling "down with facist cbc"!! You flip on the tv or tune into the radio ..if you dont like it you tune into the "less biased" conrad black owned media, or any of the other multitudes of media outlets available to canadians

KoreBolteR said:
what?!?! North and South Korea Hate eachother. :x

is it me? or do Japan hate China.... South Korea hates Japan.... North Korea hates South Korea. its like a vicious circle of death. i wudnt like to get involved in a fight between all them countries. :eek:
You're not a very smart person are ya?

South korea hates north koreas goverment...not it's people.

SK would want NK to make one whole country.

Tr0n said:
You're not a very smart person are ya?

South korea hates north koreas goverment...not it's people.

SK would want NK to make one whole country.

stop whining, you know what i meant :p

burner69 said:
Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but if you come and debate it's usually expected that you'll use sources other than movies.

now hurted my Feelings :(

ok now you just sound like a lunatic ..the GG is just a figurehead

She is the Queens represenative in Canada. She has the power to dismiss Parliment. She is more then just a figurehead, even if she doesn't exercise her power to it's full extent.

who? 50% of all canadians above what age? 30? 40? 50? I'm in that demographic somewhere and I dont feel that way ..actually no one in my circle of friends and family see it that way

Pretty much all Monarchists are baby-boomers. But it is split about 50-50 in the general population.

I'm sure there are but you're missing the point. If you really are canadian you'd see that the cbc is as much part of the canadian identity as any of those things I mentioned ..from Tommy Hunter, to wayne and shuster to the olympics ...for generations the cbc has been integral in difining us as canadians ..no canadian would disagree with me here

Do you realize how crazy you sound? You are defined by the CBC? No wonder the whole country has such an infieriority complex. We have people like you running around saying that a crappy TV station in intregal to Canadian identity. You'd realize that many Candadians would disagree with you, if you'd stop getting all your news from the CBC. Shockingly enough they never seem to report on any issues that may be anti-cbc.

support it? support what? do they picket on the streets yelling "down with facist cbc"!!

Support it? You do realize that a portion of the criminal amount of income tax we pay goes to support the CBC, don't you? People are finally getting fed up with it. No one watches it anyway. Ron Mclean promotes crappy movies every Sat. night now, the only thing CBC news has going for it is that you don't have to listen to Lloyd Robertson, and canadian television shows are so bad they constitute a crime against humanity.

But hey, no one can disagree with you, right? If you don't worship the CBC, you can't be Canadian. I actually find it sad more then anything that you would define your Canadian identity by something as trivial as the CBC.

Tr0n said:
No...no I don't.

no offence, but your the one that isnt very smart if you didnt know what i meant. obviously i meant the governments.

and yes, there is tension between the two, i dont see the big problem here.

KoreBolteR said:
no offence, but your the one that isnt very smart if you didnt know what i meant. obviously i meant the governments.

and yes, there is tension between the two, i dont see the big problem here.
I'm sorry you can't word your sentences worth shit.

burner69 said:

especially movies featuring nothing but puppets which has no basis in reality at all.

Lemonking said:
now hurted my Feelings :(

Sorry buddy. :cheers:

But seriously, I couldn't debate the issue of firearms in the US by using Yosemite Sam as an example.

Arm yourself with google, a flame proof jacket, and a large dose of opinionated thoughts, and you're ready to enter....

.... :devil: THE POLITICS FORUM!! :devil:

*Lightning lights up the dark sky*
Daaaan daaaan daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Tr0n said:
I'm sorry you can't word your sentences worth shit.

you point out to me, what you cant understand...

then, i will explain what i mean.

GhostFox said:
She is the Queens represenative in Canada. She has the power to dismiss Parliment. She is more then just a figurehead, even if she doesn't exercise her power to it's full extent.

please ...she's appointed by the prime minister she can be removed as well ..incoming prime ministers may also remove her. she's an ambassador for canada promiting canada ..that's the extent of the GG ..and clarkson has done it better than most ..she IS the face of canada to many dignitaries abroad

GhostFox said:
Pretty much all Monarchists are baby-boomers. But it is split about 50-50 in the general population.

source?

GhostFox said:
Do you realize how crazy you sound? You are defined by the CBC? No wonder the whole country has such an infieriority complex. We have people like you running around saying that a crappy TV station in intregal to Canadian identity. You'd realize that many Candadians would disagree with you, if you'd stop getting all your news from the CBC.

you have absolutly no idea what I'm talking about

GhostFox said:
Shockingly enough they never seem to report on any issues that may be anti-cbc.

maybe you can point out where canwest has or ctv or chum/city for that matter?

GhostFox said:
Support it? You do realize that a portion of the criminal amount of income tax we pay goes to support the CBC, don't you?

hey to promote canadian content I dont care how much they take. Do away with the cbc and you might as well do away with the NFB, Telefilm, the national gallary of canada, the Canada council of the arts, SSRHC, National Archives ..they're all part of the same government system

KoreBolteR said:
you point out to me, what you cant understand...

then, i will explain what i mean.
No no...Listen I didn't understand at first, but now I see what you was saying.

and clarkson has done it better than most
Yeah, at wasting my money.

They have one of their monarchy polls in the paper just about every week it seems. I'm getting sick of this rediculous sourcing. If you don't happen to read the paper, go to google and spend a whole 10 seconds finding it yourself. Come on now.

you're no canadian that much is sure ..you have absolutley no idea what I'm talking about
Maybe I don't define myself by useless Canadian sterotypes. I am starting to wonder if you are actually a Canadian. You are like a charicter out of "Canadian Bacon". I don't know if you can be real.

maybe you can point out where canwest has or ctv or chum/city for that matter?
Do you not read newspapers? For about the past month the CBC issue has gotten prominent coverage in the NP, both for and against it. For you to say that there is no move against the CBC is either out of ignorance of current events or some sort of denial to any view you disagree with.

Do away with the cbc and you might as well do away with the NFB, Telefilm, the national gallary of canada, the Canada council of the arts, SSRHC, National Archives ..they're all part of the same government system
Now you are making sense. Maybe if the govt. spent less time propping up Canadian arts, people with actual talent might get involved and it all wouldn't be so terrible. If it wasn't for comedians Canada would have no meaningful contributions to the arts/media world.

Oh, I take one thing back. Canada has had one good TV show.

PMK.

You guys know you love it.

GhostFox said:
They have one of their monarchy polls in the paper just about every week it seems. I'm getting sick of this rediculous sourcing. If you don't happen to read the paper, go to google and spend a whole 10 seconds finding it yourself. Come on now.

well then, it should be no problem providing a source ..I'm waiting

GhostFox said:
Maybe I don't define myself by useless Canadian sterotypes. I am starting to wonder if you are actually a Canadian. You are like a charicter out of "Canadian Bacon". I don't know if you can be real.

well there's no question I'm canadian ..my birth certificate says so ..what does your birth certificate say?

GhostFox said:
Do you not read newspapers? For about the past month the CBC issue has gotten prominent coverage in the NP, both for and against it. For you to say that there is no move against the CBC is either out of ignorance of current events or some sort of denial to any view you disagree with.

well then, it should be no problem providing a source ..I'm waiting

GhostFox said:
Now you are making sense. Maybe if the govt. spent less time propping up Canadian arts, people with actual talent might get involved and it all wouldn't be so terrible.

you have no clue ..what's the national endownment for the arts?

GhostFox said:
If it wasn't for comedians Canada would have no meaningful contributions to the arts/media world.

I guess you've never heard of Norman McClaren, Pierre burton, Karen Kain, Tom Thompson, AY Jackson, Norman Jewison, Denys Arcand, Atom egoyan, Louis B Mayer, Jack Warner, Emily Carr, Timoty Findley, Robertson Davies, Farley Mowat, Michael Ondaatje etc etc etc

I'm not going to source things that as a Canadian, as you claim, you should know.

GhostFox said:
I'm not going to source things that as a Canadian, as you claim, you should know.
It went from bitching at each other over NK with nukes....to bitching at each other over whose canadian.

It went from bitching at each other over NK with nukes....to bitching at each other over whose canadian.

I was hoping he would figure out how silly his line of responses were when he saw them directed back at him, but judging by his response I'd have to say it failed.

At least I tried. :p

Back