nVidia GF FX 5900 Ultra

Originally posted by guinny
its not that im favoring ati dont get me wrong, but in this debate im sorry, the 9800 pro owns the 5900 2 to 1

no no, i said that you made a good job, nothing else :)

Originally posted by Majestic XII
Yepp, you should take the reviews on the internet with a big truckload of salt (swedish sating...donno if you have the same :))

That means that you should never trust a review 100% until you seen it for your self, so guinny good job :)

Lastbilsflak? Nu överdriver du väl lite? =P

And he's right. But in some way, we have to trust the tests so we can know what to buy.
I hate the way graphic cards are benchmarked. It's a bad way of meshurement and it's easy to cheating, and that Nvidia has show ous the best.

Betta' wait for AquaMark 3 then ya'll get some properly benchmarking!

:)

When the comp that I ordered arrived to our local custom computer dealer, they ran tests to check if everything was fine before calling us to pick it up and they ran into a few defective 9700 pros. They had to go through 2 NEW ones until they could actually find a working one.. :bonce:

nietzsche, I think he was talking about the manufacturer. There's several dealers of the ATI cards, such as OEM. Or, if it says RETAIL, that's the card from ATI itself.

/me winds himself up in rage
*plop*
/me relaxes and jently walks away

Originally posted by EVIL
/me winds himself up in rage
*plop*
/me relaxes and jently walks away

/me recalls evil saying something about reaching 1000 posts constructively

:cheese:

has anyone heard about the problems with 3dmark and 5900? thats really, really, shameful. But either way you wont be let down really. 9800 looks better though.

has anyone heard about the problems with 3dmark and 5900? thats really, really, shameful. But either way you wont be let down really. 9800 looks better though.

I don't know if you are talking about nVidia's cheating or technical problems, but I do know that the Radeon 9800 is currently on par with the GF FX 5900. Personally there is no way one is better than the other, they both have basically the same benchmark turn outs (except the FX is somewhat better at AA at higher resolutions), and I would be happy with either card. :sniper:

Back