Official Half-Life 2 figures, coming soon!

Barnz

Retired Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gaming Heads is very proud to have signed a license with Valve to produce a range of different collectible lines from Valve's portfolio of franchises, including Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress 2 and Let 4 Dead 2.

The Valve collection line up will include:

* 18 inch statues from Half Life 2
* 12 inch statues from Team Fortress 2
* 12 inch statues from Left 4 Dead 2
* Life size props

Gaming Heads will use original game files to ensure an accurate and artistic representation of each collectible.

Source: https://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=43

Barney
Barney
Barney
Barney
Barney
Barney

Oh hells yeah. More Half-Life merchandise.

Sadly, there's no original Left 4 Dead on the list. I'd pay for a Bill figure.

Also a shame there's no Portal. Can you imagine how well Companion Cubes woulda sold? I know VALVe have the plush ones but a more realistic one would be awesome.

There's a Portal logo on the front page.

bottombanner.jpg

TF2 Figurines? Oh hells yes.

A D0g figurine? MAKE ONE OR YOUR HOVERCRAFT SHALL BE FILLED WITH EELS!

how about a full scale Alyx? ;)

all I want is barney (with his uniform from black mesa), adrian shephard, and bill.

Holy crap we could get a life-sized crowbar!

Having a life-sized Hunter in my garden would do wonders to help prevent trespassers

I hope there are some HL1 figurines too, I'd love a Black Mesa scientist or Barney in security uniform. I'm definitely going to be spending some money once these are available regardless.

Hope these aren't too expensive. I know they're gonna be pricey and I won't be able to justify buying them :(

All they have coming out right now is the Heavy figurines. And I want to know pricing so I know whether to buy a new hard drive with this cash I have.

Life sized Gonarch so you can have your alien tea bag sexual innuendo fantasy come true. :O

Imagine if they released an Airboat Toy that transformed into Dog.
Chi-cha-chaw-cho-chi!

This is amazing news. I wonder which HL ones we'll get? a Gordon Freeman and Alyx Vance for sure and maybe even a G-man

I want a Combine Elite, or maybe even a Hunter.

I agree with Darkseid, that's just absurd. Companion cube or the like might be nice though.

could they atleast make smaller ones for those have limited space?

could they atleast make smaller ones for those have limited space?
What's going to happen is, very few people are going to buy the statues due to size, limited or zero articulation, and price (a high quality 1/6 or 1/3 scale statue will generally run from the $120-$300 range; a medium quality statue is still going to go for about $60-$80). Then Valve, whose position on action figures has always been "They're too costly and wouldn't make up the revenue" is going to say, "See? See? I told you they wouldn't sell if we made them."

It's like they did it intentionally so that we'll never see figures in a small scale.

I want a life size level three sentry, preferably scanning from left to right and back again. And with the constant beeping of course.

I want a life size level three sentry, preferably scanning from left to right and back again. And with the constant beeping of course.

They could partner with Nerf and have it controlled from your computer :D :D :D :D

they are not really making 18" Half-life statues, they are making 1:4 scale HL statues. so Dog and other big creatures would be out of the question unless they made them on a smaller scale. that's the problem with making your regular characters so damn big. and the fact they are making them so big means they don't have much faith in many of the other characters selling very well even at 12" scale. like Dr. Judith Mossman, Dr. Kleiner and even Eli
so we probably won't get many Half-life statues

that's my take. I can see a Vortigaunt and Barney be made at 18" scale but barney would need a masked version or exchangeable head.

The Heavy one is $230. **** that.

That's a heavy price to pay.

I'll show myself out.

Maybe we should hit that pub down the road.

Though you're buying first round.

What's going to happen is, very few people are going to buy the statues due to size, limited or zero articulation, and price (a high quality 1/6 or 1/3 scale statue will generally run from the $120-$300 range; a medium quality statue is still going to go for about $60-$80). Then Valve, whose position on action figures has always been "They're too costly and wouldn't make up the revenue" is going to say, "See? See? I told you they wouldn't sell if we made them."

It's like they did it intentionally so that we'll never see figures in a small scale.

I personally believe you'd get more sales out of smaller figures and statues than the larger ones. unless your building your own personal black mesa house, a full size statue is going to be really... erm... not great in the long run.

I'd pay for a g-man figure myself.

those are ridiculously expensive

they're expensive because they're very high quality. the art style of all the characters from TF2 is so wrong in terms of human proportions

also....please stop posting and get b& k thx bai

Even a high quality statue isn't that much. They're trying to bullshit more money out of people by making them 'exclusive'.

Even a high quality statue isn't that much. They're trying to bullshit more money out of people by making them 'exclusive'.

eh maybe....bet there isn't any competition so they have no excuse to charge any less

Haha. I so want a zombie figure set. With removable headcrab!

Back