People are not born gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tr0n said:
Yea...but it ain't a gene. Seriously...if that's true then there must be a bisexual gene also and the "fetish" gene. :rolleyes:

Well until someone has gone through every gene in the human genome recoreded the effect of the expression of each one, I don't think anyone is in a position to make a conclusion that states there is no "gay gene".

I just don't see why people are so eager to dismiss the possibility that it could be genetically based. If it turns out it is 100% environmental, I'll accept that.

Personally, I believe it is likely to be caused by both genetic and environmental factors, maybe each factor is independent (i.e. you are gay at birth, or if you do this you will be gay no matter what), or maybe you need a mix for your sexual orientation to manifest itself.

So what if your bible condemns it. Not all people believe in that ideology or philosophy. The sooner you accept that, the better. Intolerance breeds hate. You shouldn't always apply your religious texts to modern society. Besides, if God disapproves of this behavior, why, in all his great power, allow it to happen? Don't give me the recycled, "Because God works in mysterious ways" answer.

I look at homosexuality as a possible chemical imbalance in the brain. To say that they aren't born with it is to be ignorant. We still haven't learned all there is to know about the human brain. Therefore, the answer might be a lot more complicated than you think.

You say that you disapprove of their lifestyle. Im sure Muslims and people of other cultures disapprove of yours too. Has their disapproval stopped you from practicing your religion or your way of life? No. So don't try to impede the happiness of others simply because you don't agree with it.

From the sound of it, you're almost overly concerned with what others are doing in their lives. You should spend more time worrying about yourself and less about what others do in their personal lives.

You can't be born gay. Im sure you can be pursuaded in your sexual orientation with certain actions at an early age, though.

MarcoPollo said:
You can't be born gay. Im sure you can be pursuaded in your sexual orientation with certain actions, though.

You seem so sure of yourself. Is there any diffinitive scientific data that supports your claim?

Secondly, you say that "you can be pursuaded in your sexual orientation with certain actions..." I don't know about you but no one can turn me gay. I, like most males, have a primitive sexual drive towards females. I was born with that behavior in me for the sole reason to procreate so why can't a person be born gay? Many people are born every day with brain irregularities or imbalances. Why is it so hard to even ponder that some might be born gay?

Bottom line, if you're straight, nothing can "persuade" you to be gay. That's just silly.

I think that some of these homophobic tendencies stem from personal insecurity.

satch919 said:
You seem so sure of yourself. Is there any diffinitive scientific data that supports your claim?

Secondly, you say that "you can be pursuaded in your sexual orientation with certain actions..." I don't know about you but no one can turn me gay. I, like most males, have a primitive sexual drive towards females. I was born with that behavior in me for the sole reason to procreate so why can't a person be born gay? Many people are born every day with brain irregularities or imbalances. Why is it so hard to even ponder that some might be born gay?

Bottom line, if you're straight, nothing can "persuade" you to be gay. That's just silly.

Sorry, I forgot a crucial part of my post "at an early age". So Basically you are either neutral or leaning towards a sexual orientation but you don't become sexualy oriented as soon as you are born.

So what if your bible condemns it. Not all people believe in that ideology or philosophy. The sooner you accept that, the better. Intolerance breeds hate. You shouldn't always apply your religious texts to modern society. Besides, if God disapproves of this behavior, why, in all his great power, allow it to happen? Don't give me the recycled, "Because God works in mysterious ways" answer.

Look, unless you know the inner workings of the Bible don't comment on it. Your just showing how ignorant you are.

I disapprove of the homosexual lifestyle. But I am not going to go out and kill them, for that matter I have a friend who is gay, I live in California after all. ;) I don't look down on her and she would certainly consider me a friend as well.

I know a number of homosexual people however, none of them were born with it, they all made the decision to follow that lifestyle. They won't tell you that straight to your face but its funny how they found both sexes attractive as they are growing up then I see them later and suddenly they like only their own sex and claim to have never liked the opposite one ever. Interesting how that works. So currently, I am just going with my own experience. When I meet a person who was actually born gay then I will change my mind.

MarcoPollo said:
Sorry, I forgot a crucial part of my post "at an early age". So Basically you are either neutral or leaning towards a sexual orientation but you don't become sexualy oriented as soon as you are born.

Again, I don't know wbout your upbringing or your life but I can say that I was always attracted to girls even when I was really young. At the time, I didn't know why. No child thinks of sex that young. It doesn't really become apparent until the early teen years.

Subconsciously, I was attracted to females. It's the more primitive side of the brain, I think.

Ah yes, the bible.

Been edited many a time, has had chunks ripped out. Blatantly has some contradicting things within itself.

Bibles relevance to the modern world = 0;
Pushing your belifes on people = No;

Cooper said:
Look, unless you know the inner workings of the Bible don't comment on it. Your just showing how ignorant you are.
Inner workings? The document is completely marred by the thousands of edits, translations, and interpretations over many centuries. Your attitude suggests you are some sort of expert on it. What are these 'inner workings' you speak of?

Cooper said:

So what you're saying is that you're a biblical scholar then, right? That must be the case because you know the "inner workings" of the Bible. Say sir, do you work at the Vatican?

I was raised with Catholic/Christian values and morals. I was exposed to religion at an early age. However, I chose later on not to embrace it due to it's fallacies.

You have made yourself look rather ignorant.

Glirk Dient said:
That explains a study where gay people were healed and saved from suffering a gay lifestyle(yes, some people suffer and have been told they can't change...this says they can).
Quoted for revulsion and disgust.

Some people are born gay cuz of a certain chromosome missing, a few people have no attraction to either sex at all. So not all chose it, although some have. If you are born with a certain attraction you should stay with it, not cross over. But being gay kinda sux.

^Ben said:
Ah yes, the bible.

Been edited many a time, has had chunks ripped out. Blatantly has some contradicting things within itself.

listen up bible bashers.

Wouldn't it be deliciously ironic if Jesus had been gay? Think about it, how many of the disciples were female? hmm?

Wow, I started to read this thread, and then I got ****ing sick to my stomach with the sheer idiocy of people's ridiculously moronic opinions on the matter of homosexuality.

It's not a sickness, its not a "deformation," its not a choice, it doesn't "suck" to be homosexual, its something that ends up happening to one out of every 10 people and everyone needs to shut the **** up about it.

Erestheux said:
Wow, I started to read this thread, and then I got ****ing sick to my stomach with the sheer idiocy of people's ridiculously moronic opinions on the matter of homosexuality.

It's not a sickness, its not a "deformation," its not a choice, it doesn't "suck" to be homosexual, its something that ends up happening to one out of every 10 people and everyone needs to shut the **** up about it.

Actually it's 3 out of every 50 people. GG

Pesmerga said:
It's just not as common as a lot of people think. Which would lead me to believe it's a mutation.
10% as opposed to 6% isn't that drastic of a difference in statistics and numbers. I'll admit that 1/10 is just something I've heard thrown around a lot, but even your statistic is still A LOT of people.

If you want to look at it as a mutation, then whatever. When 6% of the population is homosexual, I find it hard to believe that its because they have mutated genes or whatever you're saying. What are you saying anyways?

My personal, irrelivant, and useless opinion is that it mostly comes down to the person's life, which shapes most, if not all, of a person's personality. Although, perhaps there are some factors which are determined within a person's brain chemisty.

But you know what? Who cares? Why does it matter why a person is homosexual? It doesn't. It only matters that people are.
Pesmerga said:
Out of the 6 something billion people on this Earth, 5.5% are homos. .5% are lesbians.

That's 6% of the population that can't reproduce. If that's natures way of controlling population, it's doing a really, really bad job.
Actually, I just read back. Where did you pull that number from? Because it doesn't make any sense at all.

And I'd have to say, 360,000,000 people are gay according to your statistic. That's a lot of people.

Alan Freeman said:
I need to prove her wrong [...] Is there A Bible verse that pinpoints the subject
:LOL: I love how this guy thinks he can prove something by using the bible.

Thats rich.

f|uke said:
:LOL: I love how this guy thinks he can prove something by using the bible.

Thats rich.

Almost nothing can be proven with the bible.

^Ben said:
Ah yes, the bible.

Erestheux said:

These two things should be posted in every single thread regarding homosexuality and christianity.

Here's an odd piece of evidence that points to born gay.
Scientists in Austrailia have managed to turn fruitflies gay by altering a single gene.
I saw an article in the paper that said most scientific studies point to born while most physcological studies point to bread. I'll go with born myself.

Edit: Anyone who thinks that gayness is a choice try getting horny over a man, no mater how hard you try it won't work

Oh. BTW I saw a thing that a study should bisexuality(in the sense that you are attracked to both sexes) dosn't exist. They only get turned on by 1 sex but will sleep with either.

It seems to me the majority of christians who crusade against the "rainbow plague" draw all there information about homosexuality solely from the Bible and other favorite evangelical sources. [SARCASM]All of which are the opitome of truth, accuracy, and reasoning.[/SARCASM]
:hmph:

as for homosexuality being a choice, when did you choose to be straight? Nobody says "hmm, I think I'll start eyeballing women's breasts more so i can get a woody." what you said (subconsciously) was probably. "hmm, i'm getting a woody when I look at women's breasts more."

orientation is determined by the biological responses to stimuli. meaning, you get aroused by a man or woman, and then determine your orientation. DETERMINE, not decide.

Pesmerga said:
Nature doesn't work that way. Nature will find a way to move the species from one planet to another. Homosexuality is so uncommon that it hardly reduces population, even by a miniscule percent.
10% of the population is gay, so you can't say it's uncommon.

The_Monkey said:
10% of the population is gay, so you can't say it's uncommon.

It is in their little fantasy world. In their mind homosexuality is uncommon enough to call a "deviant behavior". Clever, eh?

falconwind said:
It is in their little fantasy world. In their mind homosexuality is uncommon enough to call a "deviant behavior". Clever, eh?
What is this, the 60s?

Some people prefer men, some prefer women, some people are black, some are white, some people like blue, some like red. It's all part of the complexity of life, and without that, earth would be a very boring place.

Erestheux said:
But you know what? Who cares? Why does it matter why a person is homosexual? It doesn't. It only matters that people are.Actually, I just read back. Where did you pull that number from? Because it doesn't make any sense at all.

And I'd have to say, 360,000,000 people are gay according to your statistic. That's a lot of people.
I was going to elaborate on this section, but I saw that you already did it. Damn you. Anyway, I still want to point out that that's 360 million people who will also not reproduce, which accounts to a heck of a lot.

I'd also like to mention that it sickens me to see those who refer to the 'healing' of homosexuals, released from their 'suffering'. Get a clue, and enter the modern world, dammit.

I think hitler had the right idea, he just went too far.

/runs like hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back