Perfect Half-Life Movie Cast

Just cause actors look like the characters doesn't mean they would play the characters well, Walker and Hopper would play Gman / Breen quite well, not too sure about the rest.

halflife2casting.png

Harold Allen Ramis needs less hair for Kleiner. Jermey Piven/Barney, Denis Hopper/Breen, Morgan Freeman/Eli and are pretty spot on.

480px-Half_Life_House.jpg

Valve have rejected all scripts, but with good reason: they don't want their flagship franchise ruined by a crappy movie.

halflife2casting.png

I just knew that Hugh Laurie would be Freeman. Harold Allen Ramis needs less hair for Kleiner. Jermey Piven, Denis Hopper, Morgan Freeman and Jean Rino are perfect.

480px-Half_Life_House.jpg

Too bad Valve have rejected all scripts :(, but with good reason, they don't want their flagship franchise ruined by a crappy movie.

I heard somewhere that whenever they hear the sentence "and then Gordon falls in love" , they run back to Seattle screaming :LOL:

I always thought Robert Guillaume would be a fine Eli Vance despite not bein the big name of Morgan Freeman. I mean he DOES voice Eli Vance to begin with, and while I'm not sure if he's modeled after him, he sure resembles him enough to play him.

3243.jpg

All the rest are decent I suppose. I've never seen Jeremy Piven outside of a "smug prick" kind of role so I'm not sure how he'd do as the down to earth Barney. Harold Ramis is a fun guy, but nothing like Kleiner with his jittery ways. I think Walken could be a good G-man... it would change the character but maintain his strange alien aura. Walken would make it more smooth but I think it would play out well.

Also , LAURIE FOR FREEMAN ? No way.He's just too old.If there isn't such a actor for Freeman , we could always call James Cameron to do his magic ;) Walken is probably just born for that role.I think that Jessica Alba could play Alyx just fine.

Hugh Laurie would suck as Freeman. I still stick by the other popular choice of Edward Norton.

Robert Guillaume is my only choice for Eli Vance, Morgan Freeman is too... Morgan Freeman, and Guillaume has played characters a lot closer in temperament to Eli, whereas Freeman is usually a more serious, less jovial character.

Rosario Dawson would be a great Alyx Vance I think.

Dennis Hopper and Jean Reno are both wonderful choices for Breen and Grigori, other than that I don't really like this list. Walken could kick some serious ass as the G-Man, or it could fall totally flat because everyone would be like "That's not the G-Man, that's Christopher ****in' Walken"

Damn you Ennui I was just about to suggest Edward Norton. Also, Michelle Forbes for Judith.

Stephen McHattie for G-Man.
McHattie2.jpg

Johny Depp for Gordon.

200px-Ninth_gate_ver3.jpg

Michelle Forbes IS Judith, no question about that. Alyx is pretty hard to cast, Kelly Hu maybe?

good cast, here's my ideal cast though:

Gordon- Keanu Reeves(I know you're gonna say that's ridiculous but I reckon that if you dyed his hair brown and gave him a goatee and specs, he'd make a great Gordon.)

Alyx- Rosario Dawson (Yeah, if you get her to look right, She's the closest you can get.)

Eli- Morgan Freeman (the name- freeman:D)/Robert Guillaume would both do

Barney- Jeremy Piven (same again)

G-man- Christopher Walken (again, works fine)/an older looking David Schwimmer (possibly)

Dr. Kleiner- Simon Pegg? possible if you give him the hair and the glasses, and make him look old enough, but he's the best I can come up with. but I don't think the guy they suggested looks enough like him.

Judith- Kate Winslet (c'mon, why have I never seen this one before)

Breen- Geoffrey Rush

Dr. Magnusson- Francis Guinan (identical)

Fr. Grigori- Jean Reno (yeah, spot on)

Cubbage- Bob hoskins (looks a bit similar, and can put on a good ass-kissing act as was shown in Enemy at the Gates, which could help maybe in a movieized Half-life.)

Perhaps for the g-man Michael Shapiro could still do the voice and have a different actor lip the words.

Some good suggestions , I think Ciaran Hinds could be a good G-Man, he made an epic Caeser in Rome.

Annoyingly I always thought Vance was played by Bill Cobbs

bill_cobbs2.jpg

I am fairly certain all parts could be played, with great passion and efficiency, by Shia Labeouf.

Lol - I like the pictures for comedy value, but Hugh Laurie for GF, I could just never accept. Yes, they look pretty alike - but growing up watching hours of Jeeves and Wooster and Blackadder, I would not be able to take him serious! The accent in 'House' still grates with me...! Heh-heh...

Ramis has done a bit of weight recently, too - although fair enough, I've not seen him since Ghostbusters II. :)

In all honesty, I don't think that a film would be suitable (for many reasons discussed elsewhere), unfortunately - maybe 5/10 years after 'the current story arc' has ended, but not during it, as we still are at the moment.

Hot Soup - Haha, classic pic (Night at the Museum), but it 'could' be a shot straight from some Half Life footage! Brilliant!

Seeing as we're posting pics, how about James Woods? Possibly G-man if 'done up a bit'? :)

james_woods.jpg

This one's slightly better:

james_woods.jpg

That would suck so hard.

I just added 400 to your post count and got the correct one. 809, very impressive, I bet if you didn't tell people that was your real post count nobody would take you seriously.

I just added 400 to your post count and got the correct one. 809, very impressive, I bet if you didn't tell people that was your real post count nobody would take you seriously.

Unfortunately , yes.Many people believe that the bigger your post count is , the better your posts are.

As [strikethroughwitchdoesnotexistonthisforum]Bernkastel[/s]Lambdadelta, the Witch of Certainty, I can say with certainty that everyone with more than one thousand posts has no life.

Every suggestion in this thread is terrible and you should all feel god damn terrible.

As [strikethroughwitchdoesnotexistonthisforum]Bernkastel[/s]Lambdadelta, the Witch of Certainty, I can say with certainty that everyone with more than one thousand posts has no life.

[strike]Yes it does work.[/strike]

Michael Keaton as Gordon Freeman, Dr. Breen, and Eli Vance.

No no no no no no

Christopher Lloyd as Kliener.

No!

Kleiner is the straight man, and you'd be stifling Lloyd in a role like that. He'd be better playing someone similar to his role in Taxi, maybe like Cave Johnson.

Kleiner would be great for someone like Philip Seymour Hoffman, or (in the less mainstream set) Trace Beaulieu or MC Frontalot.

Gordon Freeman is only in his late 20s.

Any actor that plays Gordon Freeman must be a young glasses wearing nerd. We don't get a lot of that these days.

Back