Portal 2 Event at E3 Cancelled – Replaced by…’Surprise’

Ricochet: Source.

Left 4 Dead 3: The Leftening. Gabe will also be announcing his new weight [strike]gain[/strike] loss plan.

Gabe fat jokes are pretty old and lame now. That dead horse is well and truly beaten.

Doesnt GLaDOS say something about a surprise in Portal?
I'm trying to think of what she was refferring to now.....

Doesnt GLaDOS say something about a surprise in Portal?
I'm trying to think of what she was refferring to now.....

That was when the pieces were falling off of her at the end and she was trying to convince Chell to destroy the morality core.

Gabe will come on stage, say "Episode Three isn't cancelled." and walk off.

Like this:
imgvalve1.gif

That was when the pieces were falling off of her at the end and she was trying to convince Chell to destroy the morality core.

right... so the suprise must logically be... a morality core.... or a deadly neurotoxin i guess

I really hope this is EP3, but if not, then valve are traitors.

i fukken hope that this "surprise" is ep3!!!!!!!!!"!! ! ! U%()!#%/(!#% !

Or maybe he'll announce that Episode Three will be coming out in 2020.

Because development has been looking like this.
covv.gif

UUUoooUo I hope its Ep3.
The fact that Valve has justed released HL2 for mac COULD indicates that they are expanding the amount of people who would buy ep3.

Man.. If it is HL2: Ep3 I'l buy a sandwich for everyone from these forums I meet. !

UUUoooUo I hope its Ep3.
The fact that Valve has justed released HL2 for mac COULD indicates that they are expanding the amount of people who would buy ep3.

Man.. If it is HL2: Ep3 I'l buy a sandwich for everyone from these forums I meet. !

Did you actually read the e-mail from valve?

The surprise is about portal 2, it says that. SO NO EP3

^^^^

Not going to repeat myself.

^^^^

Not going to repeat myself.

Well 1) You repeated yourself and 2) Posting in huge text just because you think you've got a great point to make is really ****ing irritating.

xdrive, don't spoil people's fun, it's nice to dream ;)

I'm sure we'll be pleased with the surprise, even if it's not what we are expecting.

Gordon is G-Man.

I keep seeing Episode 3 equals Portal 2, but that seems like a rather dubious claim considering Portal 2 takes place a hundred plus years after the events of the first Portal. In any case it is safe to say that it wont be disappointing, because at the very least it will be some new stuff about Portal 2.

People, you're setting yourself up for a big letdown. It's about Portal 2, not Episode Three. Remember the outrage that followed last year's E3? It's gonna happen again if you don't stop kidding yourselves.

Remember when all the Portal 2 ARG stuff came out?
I threatened to ban anyone that bitched about it not being about Episode 3, particularly after they constructed their own elaborate little realities to somehow tie everything in to Episode 3.

Same applies here.
It's about Portal 2. There is nothing whatsoever to suggest anything to do with Episode 3. Anyone getting vocally butthurt about this when it turns out to be (surprise!) just about Portal 2 will go straight to Anti-Citizen Level 3.

I can't wait!

Damn them for using humor to ease the release of bad news so efficient.

I won't be holding my breath for anything, need to live you see.

Sorry but I gotta say this to get it out my system since I don't spam HL2.net with it:

NEW HALF-LIFE PLZ.

Thank you for listening.

I am kinda curious for which project Valve hired that DotA dude, Icefrog or something. Is anything known about that?

I think we'll get more of the L4D2 reaction.

"WERHEZ EP3?!?!"

*game released

"OMFG SO GOOD"

Gman is Gordon Freeman is Flash Gordon.

The surprise is that Gordon is alive.

Is there anything to suggest that this absolutely IS NOT Episode 3 or anything that might be related to the man in orange?

Just want to know so I can go back to hibernation mode.

Is there anything to suggest that this absolutely IS NOT Episode 3 or anything that might be related to the man in orange?
There is as much to suggest that this is not an "Episode 3" announcement as there is to suggest that this is not a Duke Nukem Forever announcement.

Back