Post a screenshot!

5zkYl.jpg

wow did they forget to color the game, or what? everything looks gray. it looks so bland.

Imo, it looks exactly like I would expect a cold, wintery, mountainous region to look like. However, it can be beautiful at times. There are some breathtaking views that I have found that blows anything Oblivion put forth out of the water.

Great game btw

I'd expect people to look up reference photos, rather than go by their imagination:

800px-Balsfjorden_%26_Jiehkkev%C3%A1rri.jpg

It's like they're afraid to introduce any kind of color contrast into a scene, or even like just having more than 1 distinct color at a time. This is a cold wintry scene, so everything must match this pale blue hue! Those trees down there? Blue 'em up and get rid of their green tinting. Make them only slightly green so that you can tell they're trees. We can't have some kind of green color in the middle of all our blue shit! It'll confuse players!

Yeah, make it more like anime. Then we will all be happy.

It's like they're afraid to introduce any kind of color contrast into a scene, or even like just having more than 1 distinct color at a time. This is a cold wintry scene, so everything must match this pale blue hue! Those trees down there? Blue 'em up and get rid of their green tinting. Make them only slightly green so that you can tell they're trees. We can't have some kind of green color in the middle of all our blue shit! It'll confuse players!
You're only just noticing that games and movies since 2005 have only a two tone colour pallete and merciless desaturation?

Its not desaturation, its BROWN. There's still lots of saturation, its just that every color is replaced with a shade of brown or gray.

Someone posted screenshots of a mod that upped the saturation of the game and it looks a little better, so yeah desaturation is one of the problems. The lack of color variety is the key part though, like I said.

The Skyrim shots in this thread look fantastic. Although I never really got into any TES game(only tried Oblivion) the design alone makes me want this one.

Try Morrowind first, then get Skyrim. Skip Oblivion.

Also, is that an Irish Wolfhound in that screenshot over there?

Lots of skyrim...

1TTmp.jpg

5kBBa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IMgM5.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DgfBb.jpg
RFwDL.jpg

bfgCJ.jpg

SzWnu.jpg

ZHvZ3.jpg

FbWbd.jpg

Shot down an MI-28 Havoc following a three-volley circle-strafing hover battle in which I dodged all but one rocket. Felt like such a ****ing boss.

Terrifying. Also, why not just use Steam's screenshot feature?

Steam's screenshot feature works terribly for me, when I used to take a bunch of screens of Metro 2033 and upload them to the cloud they ended up with noticable artifacts here and there from image compression.

I know you weren't asking me specifically, but I doubt the compression of JPEGs when uploading using Steam to take and upload them isn't exclusive to my PC.

another console port, I see. no aa.

Hahah, you think you're tough? I'll be done with you in no time!

sam32011112614404740.jpg

Later...

OMFG!

sam32011112617032271.jpg

sam32011112617032624.jpg

How is Saints Row 3 Stemot? Driving still sucks? Couldn't play the others because the driving was so awful.

Burn... BURN, YES BURN! HEHEHEHEHEHE

^^Saints Row 3 is AWESOME! Get it!

That is all.

I will get Saint's Row 3 like I did with Saint's Row 2, when it's below 20 euro.

How is Saints Row 3 Stemot? Driving still sucks? Couldn't play the others because the driving was so awful.

The core gameplay isn't different at all, shooting and driving feels the same as the first two.

So if you don't dig that, stay away

Wow I thought I was the only one who hated the driving. The first was ok, not the best, but playable. The second just shat all over it. It felt like a driving arcade game form the 90's. Turning on a dime, instant acceleration. Terrible. It's exactly the same reason that deterred me from the 3rd. It's a shame really, because everything else was actually pretty good.

The driving is a lot better compared to Saints Row 2. There is actual difference in performance and handling between vehicles, and most importantly none of the vehicles turn on a dime. If you want to go through a turn quickly you have to use the hand brake. Some of large trucks have a very big turning radius.

I hated the driving in the second one as well which was why I stopped playing it (well, that and the shitty performance) but the third one has much better vehicle handling, still slightly arcadey but I can actually drive them in this game.

2011112600013.jpg

2011112700008.jpg

2011112700007.jpg

2011112700004.jpg

batmanac201111261421294.jpg

2011112500002a.jpg

2011112500006.jpg

You can swim but you can't hide, cave bear! I WILL HAVE YOUR SOUL!

Water glitched out, thus it being completely clear under the water.

2011112700003l.jpg

EDIT:

HOLY SHIT Dwarf Fortress is brutal.

This bronze colossus Lima Sculptedaction (how manly sounding!) SMASHED TO BITS this baby.

Harsh world.

fvReF.jpg

The classiest way to park your helicopter.

I see you tried to make the character look like yourself. I'll have to try that some time.

Back