Post a screenshot!

Well, we are using ACE mod...

Dog, did you really not know it was Arma? :p

I've never played or watched videos of ARMA, I thought it was ARMA 1, I didn't know! :LOL:

Not trying to put anyone off, but one thing that doesn't really come across in these screenshots is how much time is spent driving. Arma 2 takes place on huge land masses, and objectives will often be several kilometres away, not to mention the best way to keep from being zombie****ed is to stay in a vehicle and stay moving. Of course, there are plenty of occasions where you'll have to get out and stand your ground or run (this is where the exciting, screenshot-worthy stuff happens), but often we'll just be driving in a convoy with one person calling out directions. Of course, you spawn apart from one another and have to find working vehicles yourself, so getting to that point in the mission is pretty exciting in itself.

Not that I've played, but that sounds like it adds to it. Moments of placidity in between the action. Feels closer to life.

Oh yeah for sure, just adds to the immersion for me. Just wanted people to be aware that there was more downtime than those shots really conveyed.

The drives are great, it's when we get downtime to talk and joke around until the next attack.

Not trying to put anyone off, but one thing that doesn't really come across in these screenshots is how much time is spent driving. Arma 2 takes place on huge land masses, and objectives will often be several kilometres away, not to mention the best way to keep from being zombie****ed is to stay in a vehicle and stay moving. Of course, there are plenty of occasions where you'll have to get out and stand your ground or run (this is where the exciting, screenshot-worthy stuff happens), but often we'll just be driving in a convoy with one person calling out directions. Of course, you spawn apart from one another and have to find working vehicles yourself, so getting to that point in the mission is pretty exciting in itself.

Oh I know this feeling, I used to play Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis all the time, I'm used to it.

Not that I've played, but that sounds like it adds to it. Moments of placidity in between the action. Feels closer to life.

The drives are great, it's when we get downtime to talk and joke around until the next attack.

This definitely. It unintentionally adds great pacing to the gameplay.

Do the vehicles have very limited gas or such?

So like, one vehicle will only get you so far before it runs dry and you have to find a new functional and fueled up one?

I've only run out of fuel on the road once, luckily it was just outside of the town the rest of the guys were in so it wasn't a huge inconvenience.

Can other people get in the cars? In Operation Flashpoint you can have like 10 people in a URAL, and like 4 in a Jeep, etc.

This is what happens when you (Vegeta) attempt to lift off in a helicopter in the middle of the woods
TyZRX.jpg

Rendezvous with BadHat
mi39U.png

Veg keeping his eyes on the road
eQ4jx.png

Veg returning to our cars after checking out a crash site
jNTbz.jpg

Veg covering BadHat as he runs toward our cars while I keep the engine running for a quick getaway
3KSOx.jpg

Running back to our vehicles after discovering a crash site with no survivors

lsoue.jpg

Morgs on my right, Badhat on my left, what more could I ask for?

wzi3Z.jpg

Goodnight

2H9wa.jpg

Hey you guys sick of these yet?

Ay9CG.jpg

A closer view of the copter crash.

y51T8.jpg

ium0b.jpg

Drivin'.

J2rQw.jpg

That's no moon haha oh wait it is a moon.

jRMIH.jpg

Nope. (Look closely at the fog.)

h4etR.png

Probably not a good idea to have screenshot bound to the same key as radio commands...

I'll try, I always forget when the action starts :<

Yeah, not a lot of time to stop and take snapshots when you've got a zombie tearing towards you. Maybe we could try and record a video somehows...

The fog looks horrid. Why is it completely illuminated.

Arma wasn't really built for good looking fog effects. Arma 3 with its volumetric clouds and stuff will probably be better in that area.

Star Roars: Wampafront 2
B2ECE97C3C7FAA3BA3E9122606E8890909E270DA

2979156D3748E2B8279088A526E3E501CE0120A7

F7BB6681E1BC7A46B4494DE5CC93169F1B0491A0

Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga(trust me it looks much prettier ingame)
DAA294E1AF253C461B0CEAB84AA03F074BC3B02E

C9EF4B9DC896CCD24DA33A3A81F1AA9EFE560FF1

2739EE817F6CC6240BA63B22B84A8BBC47976A0F

SPAZ
F4C79BA327D9B41CC277BA48F796018148D34180

BACE204D7E5CA63C1BFB3E9FD09C7D2B91BCD0C7

Dear Esther

Damn that looks attractive. I had no clue what I was 'playing' when I walked through the original though(didn't pay enough attention to the voice probably, being uninformed I waited for the action to start).

60C3921876C6C127D13D6A6CB49BC289AA695D91

I know this is known, but some things never get old. Five subverted turrets turn this stage into Murder Alley for the Combine.

And then a single grenade turns it into Gameover Corridor.

The funny thing is, only one trooper got into range to throw a grenade and it landed short, knocking over just one turret.

I lost one during the transition to the teleport chamber, so I only had seven to fight off the attackers. Still, hardly needed to fire my guns. Even during teleportation, the turrets blasted the Elites storming the chamber and remained upright.

shot00008o.jpg

shot00010c.jpg

shot00041eh.jpg

shot00045g.jpg

shot00055d.jpg

shot00056o.jpg

shot00059u.jpg

shot00071a.jpg

It's a decent game. And the ways in which you can maim and kill Nazis are quite varied and, not to mention, FUN. I particularly like cutting their jugulars and watch them slowly collapse to the ground as they try to keep pressure on them to not die. Or the high power Mauser blowing off their limbs or popping heads (pictured above).

Did they hire the guy who did the textures for Fallout 3? Everything on the screen looks over-normal mapped.

Wager that's the way the renderer outdoors works. Indoor maps look just fine.

Or maybe I'm just too distracted slaughtering Nazis. Like burning them alive and listening to their screams as they try to put out the fire that's consuming them.

Back