Post Your Desktops the "Willie will give you bananas if you do eet" Edition

Can't wait for this game, should be fun

Halo4wall.jpg

I was using IE6 for the longest time, and I thought it was good enough. Yeah, I had no tabbed browsing and I thought it was fine.

IE9 has tabbed browsing and I don't use it, because I don't want/need to.

*Vegeta's head explodes*

I CAN"T STAND tabbed browsing. Hate it. And yes, I use IE. And Media Player. I gently smile at all the snickers I receive, and wonder why it matters to you folk so much. They work for my purposes. I've been using IE since version 4, and the internet since before there was a web, so nyah.

Tabbed is much more convenient than having multiple windows, unless there's some reasons for having separate windows. I do sometimes watch a video in one and browse in another so I could see why that would be an obvious situation for using separate iterations. But if it's just looking at different sites and switching between a few, tabbed is better for organization, and if it comes down to it, also for resources (though that's not really a problem with my system specifically).

Don't bother Deathmaster/Vegeta, these fools don't know about maximum web browsing. Go back to windows 98 then, you neanderthals!

I was going to post the desktop of my Ubuntu work laptop, but it's incredibly uninteresting. Maybe if I get into the Steam Linux beta, then, I does a post.

It's the old "how dare you, like software I don't like, like movies I don't like, etc." mentality.

Nah, I don't know about Krynn, but I'm just surprised that you're using those while being an experienced (I assume) PC user and I suggest you try the alternatives, cause I think you could benefit from that.

As for tabbed browsing, I don't see what's not to like. If you've got 1-3 windows open at a time, maybe there is no significant difference, but then again there is no drawback. And when you need more websites open, it's definitely easier to manage.

And how the hell do you manage opening links in new windows? Do you right click every time?

Tabbed browsing is simply more efficient. I can understand "hating" it, and saying that multiple windows work for your purposes, but I mean, of course they do, you've been doing it that way for years and it's not easy to suddenly change something as common as web browsing practices.

If you gave it an earnest attempt you'd get used to it and wonder what you were thinking. If not, you're just dumb stupid. Idiot. Shut up.

I tried it when it was coming out, but it was wonky with alt-tabbing and drove me crazy. I alt-tab a lot. Maybe it's better now, I don't know, I just turn it off completely on a new install.

IE has historically been pretty crap with memory management, but 10 seems better. I have 17 browser windows and a bunch of other stuff open right now, 4.5 out of 8 gb used.

I'm still waiting on that $140.

edit: lol, why do you have clonk endeavor? Clonk Rage is better in every way.

Honestly I have a lot of games there I don't even play anymore. I haven't touched Clonk since Minecraft was released. It's better in every way imaginable.

Also CE is free, CR isn't. **** paying, there are almost no changes to the game really. There were almost no changes from Planet to Endeavor.

And that $140 is for hookers and beer, NOT you :getout:

Honestly I have a lot of games there I don't even play anymore. I haven't touched Clonk since Minecraft was released. It's better in every way imaginable.

Also CE is free, CR isn't. **** paying, there are almost no changes to the game really. There were almost no changes from Planet to Endeavor.
Dude, clonk and minecraft are almost nothing alike. What you saying bro.

And there are plenty of enhancements, such as the directions you can loam, as well as a much larger community of custom maps and content.

The devs deserve $10 :/

And the Dev deserves $140.

I uninstall games when I finish and I never look back. Then again, I only really have time for one game du jour, plus some Minecraft and TF2 in the background. And Y U NO CHROME.

Dude, clonk and minecraft are almost nothing alike. What you saying bro.

And there are plenty of enhancements, such as the directions you can loam, as well as a much larger community of custom maps and content.

The devs deserve $10 :/

And the Dev deserves $140.
Well, they are very similar. Clonk is SUPPOSED to be a pvp game, but I've never met anyone aside from you who has actually even played the game. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but in the 'sandbox building' genre, Minecraft and Clonk are both in there. And Minecraft wins by far. Clonk did it first though, I'll give them that.

Also: I've been playing since Clonk Planet, and in that game you could loam any direction iirc? Whatchutalkinbout?

I ain't even talking about pvp vs coop/survival. Clonk is not even sandbox building. It's all about survival and resources. And they're so totally different. Clonk doesn't even have the exploration element, or random maps.

Clonk Rage has a couple more options for loam, like straight up from under you (iirc that isn't in the earlier games)

Well after Googling I think his point was the last game I downloaded/purchased fills the game that fills a particular transient slot in my regular rotation with only one game taking up that spot at any given time, whereas "du jour" is usually reserved for something that's trendy or current and quickly forgotten ...
you know what?

"DU JOUR" BACK ON, BITCHES! **** YOU INIGO, I THINK IT MEANS WHAT I THINK IT MEANS. Except I should probably write "du mois" (month) if I want to be more accurate, and also completely unintelligible 'cuz French is crap

I ain't even talking about pvp vs coop/survival. Clonk is not even sandbox building. It's all about survival and resources. And they're so totally different. Clonk doesn't even have the exploration element, or random maps.

Clonk Rage has a couple more options for loam, like straight up from under you (iirc that isn't in the earlier games)
No exploration? No random maps? We talking about the same game? Play any of the challenges (like settlement, or gold mine) and they are different every time. With random maps comes exploration.

And I'm pretty sure Minecraft is about survival (hence survival mode), and resources (hence the mining and crafting aspect). Clonk isn't AS sandboxy as Minecraft, I'll agree with you on that, but it still is to a degree. You can build whatever you want, where you want. Floating islands, underground caverns, etc, etc.

Whatever you want, where you want? You can't place blocks. You can build predefined buildings and they have actual purposes to the game, like in an RTS. That doesn't mean RTSs are sandbox games.

And yeah, I forgot about the random maps, but it's not nearly as powerful as minecraft's. It just has some land shape variation and random resources.

Whatever you want, where you want? You can't place blocks. You can build predefined buildings and they have actual purposes to the game, like in an RTS. That doesn't mean RTSs are sandbox games.

And yeah, I forgot about the random maps, but it's not nearly as powerful as minecraft's. It just has some land shape variation and random resources.
Well, I mean I'm not saying the customization is crazy like Minecraft or anything, but aside from certain mission objectives, what's the point of building a castle, small castle, stone house or anything like that when you've already got a wooden house? How about the stone/gold statues? Customize your town. You can't place blocks, but you could place buildings in sort of the same way.

I just really think the game is fundamentally different. You actually have objectives in Clonk. The feel of the game is completely different to that of minecraft, where you basically just do what you want and explore the environment. The feel and gameplay are just far too different to say one could replace the other.

Oh, I never said they could replace one another, I was just saying they are in the same genre.

They are both great games, though. I'm sure we could agree on that?

Am I too late for all the desktop fun? :3

EDIT: I'm sorry I called you a grumpy old man, Vegeta.

f2d97c567431480c888cab4.png

Posting desktop, and also showing how awesome the speeds are when transferring from one SSD to another SSD.

oXYyC.jpg

Haven't changed my background in a long time, maybe I'll do that.

45069006.png

No I keep putting it off. Too lazy to take it apart and such.

EDIT: Didn't even realize I haven't changed my background from the last time I posted.. woops

I heard about that, I don't really play DayZ all that much though. Mostly just ARMA custom scenerios.

Back