Post Your Desktops the "Willie will give you bananas if you do eet" Edition

Just got a new background. I love DOF stuff like this.

61114561.png

Makes me think I should try to organize my desktop. Looks messy as hell in comparison to that haha

Here is my neat, organized, and severely OCD desktop. :)
This is probably gonna sound like a really dumb question, but how did you get your desktop like that? Is that a Windows 8 feature, or can it be done in windows 7? My desktop is horrendously messy. I think It could benefit from that kind of sectioning. Reminds me of the old Windows 3.11 way of working.

Edit the background to have those translucent columns of "folders" "quick links" etc. Atleast I'm pretty sure it's part of the background.

Ah.... Ok, I was actually hoping it wasn't that haha.... Dammit. If it's something like that It'd require me to put some thought into it and I'm too damn lazy for that. Even though its just a 5 minute job in Photoshop. It does look cool though

This is probably gonna sound like a really dumb question, but how did you get your desktop like that? Is that a Windows 8 feature, or can it be done in windows 7? My desktop is horrendously messy. I think It could benefit from that kind of sectioning. Reminds me of the old Windows 3.11 way of working.
It is a program called "Stardock Fences". The new version costs money, but if you download the old 1.1 version, it's free. I could send you a PM of where to download it if you want.

It is a program called "Stardock Fences". The new version costs money, but if you download the old 1.1 version, it's free. I could send you a PM of where to download it if you want.
Awesome. Yeah, that'd be cool.

Mind sending 2 PMs?

Indeed it is. Found it on deviantart quite randomly one day.

Will have to download a new wallpaper seeing as I can see the desktop now... take advantage of all that space.

It doesn't fit on my screen properly, though.. It has to resize it when I set as background.. hmm.

Anyways here's with that awesome program AzureNinja recommended. Looks way better, imo.

44920027.png

Explain to me again what the point is of having labels for icons you already know the function of and already organized by location? Are you afraid that some day you'll forget that those named icons are for games? Do you have so many games that you can't actually remember if you haven't played certain ones? Also why do you have game icons on your desktop at all? Thats what Steam is for.

Its also dumb that Windows doesn't natively support two separate wallpapers.
Uo9HD4R.jpg

Explain to me again what the point is of having labels for icons you already know the function of and already organized by location? Are you afraid that some day you'll forget that those named icons are for games? Do you have so many games that you can't actually remember if you haven't played certain ones? Also why do you have game icons on your desktop at all? Thats what Steam is for.
I like the way it looks? Sorry I don't prefer the exact PC configurations you do krynn, this seems to upset you more than it should. Keep in mind what PC stands for: PERSONAL computer.

And I don't like bringing up steam, I'd rather just click an icon on my desktop. Easier and quicker.

Tell me what's the point of having two monitors when you only use one? Seems like a pretty good waste of money, to me. Unless you bought a new monitor, or got one for super cheap or free, and are just using your old one/cheap one as a second, then that's alright.

I like the way it looks? Sorry I don't prefer the exact PC configurations you do krynn, this seems to upset you more than it should. Keep in mind what PC stands for: PERSONAL computer.
Jeez, defensive much? Krynn's just making some valid criticism with sarcasm.
Tell me what's the point of having two monitors when you only use one? Seems like a pretty good waste of money, to me. Unless you bought a new monitor, or got one for super cheap or free, and are just using your old one/cheap one as a second, then that's alright.
He doesn't use only one. What you talkin bout?

I like the way it looks?
Fair enough.
Sorry I don't prefer the exact PC configurations you do krynn,
I forgive you.
this seems to upset you more than it should.
Not upset, just thought there was an actual purpose for it, and decided to poke fun at how there isn't one.
Keep in mind what PC stands for: PERSONAL computer.
Thanks, forgot what those letters stood for.
And I don't like bringing up steam, I'd rather just click an icon on my desktop. Easier and quicker.
Fair enough.
Tell me what's the point of having two monitors when you only use one?
Are you actually retarded? What makes you think I only use one?
Seems like a pretty good waste of money, to me. Unless you bought a new monitor, or got one for super cheap or free, and are just using your old one/cheap one as a second, then that's alright.
I bought a new one for expensive and using my old expensive one as a second. Hope thats still alright.

Me and Raz use ActualMultipleMonitors.
At cursory glance it seems like it does the same thing DisplayFusion does, which is the one I found. Its cool that they add a taskbar to the second monitor, would have been useful back in the day when I had two monitors but running XP. Windows 8 makes it redundant though.

Personally, I'm too lazy to keep my desktop tidy for any length of time. This may help me to keep it that way.
The fences also give a clear definition between groups of icons (I know, I could just leave an empty icon space, but I've already said I'm lazy and messy). Makes it much easier to find things at first glance if they are grouped together in this way. And it reminds me of the way windows 3.1 was, feeding my nostalgia troll.
As for the games, some are non-steam games. Some are to save me booting up Steam just to have a quick game (like Isaac) and some are shortcuts where I've put extra run commands to the command line (not sure if this can be done in Steam or not).

Also, where did you find that second wallpaper? The bird? It is very cool.

Just made a brand new build, so mine is relatively barren...

Attachments

• desktop.JPG
    desktop.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 497

Its also dumb that Windows doesn't natively support two separate wallpapers.
Uo9HD4R.jpg
Well, I like how it is darker around my icons, I think it makes the background pop. It also spaces out my icons more, so things look less crammed on a bigger screen. When you install the software, it automatically organizes your icons into those labels. And with a push of a button, it can clean your desktop. Easy as that! And who knows? Maybe I will get my brain wiped and not know which ones are my games, and which ones are my applications? xD

It doesn't fit on my screen properly, though.. It has to resize it when I set as background.. hmm.

Anyways here's with that awesome program AzureNinja recommended. Looks way better, imo.

44920027.png

Looking nice! Any chance you can post dat wallpaper?

Not upset, just thought there was an actual purpose for it, and decided to poke fun at how there isn't one.
I could see how he may have taken it personally.

Yea I was surprised at how many Zelda ones there are that I haven't seen before. I thought I had em all (well not all, that's impossible, but you know what I'm sayin).

I've been told I need to watch it. I'm guessing it's good?

Back