Quitting the cigs

Dear god, was that last cigarette ever so stale.

What a waste :/

this is not true.
a cigarette is a cigarette.
i don't care where its been or how old it is.
i love and cherish every single one.

this is not true.
a cigarette is a cigarette.
i don't care where its been or how old it is.
i love and cherish every single one.

Yes, because a one week old cigarette that's spent its entire lifetime in a boiling hot car that already smells like a sweaty dogs testicles tastes just as good as a brand new one.

Day one of no smokage though. Shit sucks, these cravings are the pits yo.

NEED MORE BUDS!!!!!

Im gonna start quiting soon, ive had it with smoking ... although im going to miss my cancersticks :(

-dodo

Yes, because a one week old cigarette that's spent its entire lifetime in a boiling hot car that already smells like a sweaty dogs testicles tastes just as good as a brand new one.

still, that doesnt change my mind.
its still doing the same thing regardless of how bad it taste or how old it is.
a cig is a cig.

^ I smoked a cigarette that had been in a car for years, possibly a decade, and I don't think you would be saying that if you knew what it was like. Besides, they even get moldy if they get some moisture.

Im gonna start quiting soon, ive had it with smoking ... although im going to miss my cancersticks :(

-dodo

Yep, I'm quitting this summer, it's been good and I really like being a smoker but the health and hygiene aspects (not to mention the $$) are beginning to get to me.

HOLY ****ING HELL...

I dunno if i'm gonna make it. These cravings are getting worse and worse, and more and more frequent.

Getting sweaty, spacy, speedy and confused, all at once. Had a mean headache earlier too.

This. ****ing. Sucks.

I want a cigarette, so so bad.

HOLY ****ING HELL...

I dunno if i'm gonna make it. These cravings are getting worse and worse, and more and more frequent.

Getting sweaty, spacy, speedy and confused, all at once. Had a mean headache earlier too.

This. ****ing. Sucks.

I want a cigarette, so so bad.

but the thing is, it's just something in your mind. it's not actually harming you.

Just look at it like you came down with something. Like you're sick. It will be over soon. You won't die. It's really not bad at all if you think about all the horrible things you will have to go through in life.

But for every one you smoke while quitting, you will re-activate the withdraw sequence again. If you don't like it, then the fastest way to end it is to not smoke any.

Reward yourself with something simple like hot chocolate if you get a craving. Even just preparing it will take your mind off it.

ask your friends to torture you by burning your skin whit cigars while you are naked and chained,and at the same time pouring beer on the burns to stop drinking too

but the thing is, it's just something in your mind. it's not actually harming you.

Just look at it like you came down with something. Like you're sick. It will be over soon. You won't die. It's really not bad at all if you think about all the horrible things you will have to go through in life.

But for every one you smoke while quitting, you will re-activate the withdraw sequence again. If you don't like it, then the fastest way to end it is to not smoke any.

Reward yourself with something simple like hot chocolate if you get a craving. Even just preparing it will take your mind off it.

Bought a pack...

Had a couple of drinks...

Packs half gone now :/

**** it, i'm gonna wait till summertime to try again. No school and all that jazz

I knew I shouldn't have spent time helping you. You pulled this shit last year.

Pussy.

agreed.
whats the point of quitting?
you only live once
You could argue that if you only live once you might try to minimise ones exposure to carinogens, and lower your risk of a slow, painful death from cancer.

And for the remarkably lackluster excitement of smoking cigarettes.

I mean come on, endanger your life in a more hardcore entertaining way.

I knew I shouldn't have spent time helping you. You pulled this shit last year.

Pussy.

To be fair, I probably shouldn't have picked a weekend where I knew i'd be drinking to try to quit...

I think my summer plan might be out the window too, because I don't think I have any money left over for another pack after this one...

ELLIPSES

havent smoked all day, easy easy easy, going to bed now, 'night.

-dodo

You could argue that if you only live once you might try to minimise ones exposure to carinogens, and lower your risk of a slow, painful death from cancer.

i guess i see what your sayin
but personally, i dont ever plan on going to the hospital whether ive got cancer or not
im dying on my couch watching hockey, smoking and drinking a beer

Bought a pack...

Had a couple of drinks...

Packs half gone now :/

**** it, i'm gonna wait till summertime to try again. No school and all that jazz

Don't wait until summer time. This, I think, is the point where most people probably fail.
It's like making a New Year's resolution. If you fail, then you have to wait a whole year to try again.

Instead you should renew your resolution every Monday.

^
Exactly

Just an excuse to take the easy way out. "oh, I caved and bought a pack, so forget it".

It's not easy. You knew it wouldn't be. So what, you lost your momentum, you have to get back on the horse.

Try again next year? It will be the same thing, if not harder.

Quitting log: day #3
Im steadily going mad for a sig, but ... must ... man up ... and fight the urge...
I guess its going good. I can fight it, hope tomorrow will be easier.

-dodo

^
Exactly

Just an excuse to take the easy way out. "oh, I caved and bought a pack, so forget it".

It's not easy. You knew it wouldn't be. So what, you lost your momentum, you have to get back on the horse.

Try again next year? It will be the same thing, if not harder.

I'm just saying that i've got a bunch of projects in the coming weeks that basically decide if I graduate or not.

I'd rather not be tweeking for a smoke while i'm up late trying to get that shit done.

It would've been a wicked-sick test of character imo.

hey sinkoman, just quit a couple months ago myself. So far so good, but this was my 3rd time quitting. I admit that both times before when I tried quitting my life was stressful so it didnt last long. This latest time though seemed to do the trick. I bought a pack of commit lozenges, but only used them when I was really jonsin for a cig. Only had to take like 3 total. And that was within the first week. Now I dont know how I smoked so much, yet I smoked a pack every other day for over 4 years. Hang in there man.

hey sinkoman, just quit a couple months ago myself. So far so good, but this was my 3rd time quitting. I admit that both times before when I tried quitting my life was stressful so it didnt last long. This latest time though seemed to do the trick. I bought a pack of commit lozenges, but only used them when I was really jonsin for a cig. Only had to take like 3 total. And that was within the first week. Now I dont know how I smoked so much, yet I smoked a pack every other day for over 4 years. Hang in there man.

Already failed.

I think my last project is due the 15th though, so I guess that's the start of round two...

It would've been a wicked-sick test of character imo.

**** that, i've got nothing to prove.

Well, i got that from the other posts. I just meant that it took me 3 tries to finally quit. Just gotta do it when your not stressing about school or anything else major. wait a couple weeks.

Every time you want a cigarette, just go stand in the 115 degree F sun for a while.

so ive run out of money.
this sucks.
im craving like a mother ****er
someone send me 6 bucks plz
:)

6bucksb.gif

Back