Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indiana Jones & The Island of the Crystal Skull - 4/10...

What the **** did they do to my Indy?! WHAT?!??!?!?!?
Science fiction and fancy-ass over-the-top special effects should stay the **** out of movies like Indy.

Disregard my previous review... I had begun a 'preview' of the movie beforehand, and jumped the gun there.

New Indy - 8/10

Despite its flaws it's a really enjoyable flick, at least to me.

Southland Tales- 10/10 and 0/10 at the same time.

This movie exceeds the "so bad it's good" thing so many times. I can't even put how horrible it is into words, it manages to go beyond the outrageousness of any B-Movie I've ever seen, and the best part is that it takes itself at least somewhat seriously. If Ed Wood still were alive and still made movies, this is exactly what he'd make. For the love of god, rent this movie because you will be as entertained as you will ever be

Three Kings - 8.5/10...

Awesome Gulf War movie, pretty funny too.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 9/10. Excellent film but it gets 9 because I'm not a big fan of musicals and those songs are just cheesy. 10/10 to Johnny Depp, though. As always he was awesome and it's no wonder he comes no.1 in top three greatest actors (no. 2 is Bill Nighy and no.3 is David Tennant). Is it wrong that I actually fancy Johnny a bit as Willy Wonka??!! :cheese:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

The Matrix Reloaded, Star Wars EP. 1, Deus Ex 2, and now, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Comically poor.

Strange Wilderness - 8/10

stoopid funny.
but im into that shit

6/10.

It was one of those films where I got up to get a refill of my drink, came back 5 minutes later, and they were still having a fight scene. Watchable, but if it wasn't Indy it'd be about a 3 for its lack of originality.

But it is Indy. With ants. So whatever, gg.

6/10.

It was one of those films where I got up to get a refill of my drink, came back 5 minutes later, and they were still having a fight scene. Watchable, but if it wasn't Indy it'd be about a 3 for its lack of originality.

But it is Indy. With ants. So whatever, gg.

Welcome to the site? Guessing you're a guy.

hitchhikers' guide to the galaxy, the couple years ago version- 5/10

it was on TV, so the editing rendered it pretty much humorless. But I could still remember the parts that made me laugh. And... eurgh, the vogons. The main ones weren't so bad, but the troopers in the black bodysuits were pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen.

It's natural for us to guess the opposite of the obvious. Unless it's obvious you're a guy, then we'll guess what is obvious.

Thanks. Recently got back into TF2 and HL2 modding so I figured I'd join a comm for it.
As for the guy part--nope.

Well, congratulations. I'll just note down here that you're a guy until you prove otherwise. You know how it is.

Well, congratulations. I'll just note down here that you're a guy until you prove otherwise. You know how it is.

don't worry, I'm not really a girl. I just wish I was. My real name's Bob.

Actually I probably shouldn't joke about that--in my guild we had a guy who raided as a girl for over a year and everyone believed him until he announced the truth on vent. It was a little weird.

Alien Ressurection - 8/10

Enjoyed it, a lot of humerous scenes and wise-cracks, not as good the originals. Winona Ryda was hot in this.

Shouldn't matter what sex she is.

All that matters is she likes HL2, and that's enough for me.
Even though I'm not a huge fan of the game, it was fun... but I only got it for the mods.
Anyways...

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - 7.8/10...

Eh... it wasn't nearly as random and funny as the first one.
But it was fun to watch.

Dead Mans Shoes - 10/10

Stunning. Can't believe it's taken me this long to see this but christ, I feel an idiot for ignoring the DVD for a good two years now. I've seen This Is England (9/10 or so, I'd say) but this was mindblowing.

Michael Clayton - 7 / 10

Above average storyline propped up mainly because of the performance from the actors. Disliked the ending though.

Breach: 7.5/10
Wasn't the best movie ever, but kept me completely interested until the end and built up some very interesting characters.

Dead Mans Shoes - 10/10

Stunning. Can't believe it's taken me this long to see this but christ, I feel an idiot for ignoring the DVD for a good two years now. I've seen This Is England (9/10 or so, I'd say) but this was mindblowing.

I wouldn't go quite as far as that. Certainly a good movie, though.

Naw I found it immense from start to finish. Brilliant atmosphere, fantastic characters, excellent pacing, nerve-wracking tension throughout, some real tear-jerking moments and a plot twist that I never saw coming, and I usually catch on to twists about half an hour before they come but I was so involved in this movie that it totally threw me off course.

Its everything that makes a good movie if you ask me, like the Half-Life 2 of movies. Brilliant.

like the Half-Life 2 of movies

You mean good story but crap combat? ;)

I pretty much agree with you - it's a very well put together movie. There were some genuinely funny moments too.

You mean good story but crap combat? ;)

I pretty much agree with you - it's a very well put together movie. There were some genuinely funny moments too.

Hey man, I agree with you about the combat too ;) ZZZZZZ. But aye, the rest of the content is what I mean.

Commando - 8/10

Exellent from an action perspective, really fun to watch, funny wise cracks, but typical plot and the acting was hilarious.

LOTR - Return of the King - 8/10

I know a chick who reckons: "watching the final Lord movie is like getting ****ed in the ass. It's an anti-climax over and over again..."

I sprayed my drink in her face through my laughter, as one naturally does

Dead Mans Shoes - 10/10

Its a good film, but thats a little far don't you think? I guess it just goes to show you that a killer final act in any film will make up for the rest of it being mediocre.

Commando - 8/10

Exellent from an action perspective, really fun to watch, funny wise cracks, but typical plot and the acting was hilarious.

Yeah, but they could've found a better dude for the bad guy. I mean that guy was hilariously bad LOL

Its a good film, but thats a little far don't you think? I guess it just goes to show you that a killer final act in any film will make up for the rest of it being mediocre.

It was the long build up that made Dead Man's Shoes for me. If anything, the final part was rather predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back