Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia - 7/10 - Nice actors and very good scenery in the Australian outback, but the ending was way too "Disney" and predictable. It made a good portrayal of The Lost Generation, though.

Into the Wild - 10/10 - Brilliant movie with a very thoughtful message about the American culture. It touched me deeply.

Goldeneye - 8/10

Seen this film countless amount of times now so it's lost it's charm a little, but last night was the first time in a while I had sat down to watch it again and it's a damn fine Bond film. The Tank chase will always be one of my favourite Bond chase sequences ever, and Trevelyan a favourite villian/character.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 10/10

This movie was amazing. Not only did it make me cry in the theater but it literally changed the way i view life after i left. Its certainly up there with all the other amazing greats such as The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemtion

Not to mention the makeup and effects in the movie were the best ive ever seen

Akira for like the tenth time - 7/10

Hmm, the rose-tinted goggles are starting to slip I guess. Still holds a place in my heart as one of my favourite animated movies, but the animation was sketchier in parts than I remember, and I forgot how very ****ing incomprehensible the plot is. I like how most of the smaller characters are shown all of twice before their elaborate death scene, implying that we're meant to care somehow, but they forgot to tell us why. Also the first time I noticed just how eclectic the soundtrack is, but that's a plus. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN. :D

This review may or may not have been tempered by the fact that the DVD re-dub is ****ing godawful. Need to get my hands on a subbed copy... that and the manga.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 10/10

This movie was amazing. Not only did it make me cry in the theater but it literally changed the way i view life after i left. Its certainly up there with all the other amazing greats such as The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemtion

Not to mention the makeup and effects in the movie were the best ive ever seen

Umm... What exactly was the film's life-altering message?

I saw it yesterday as well, and while i enjoyed it for what it was, it just seemed gimmicky and hollow. The only message i can possibly think it could convey is that you should live life to its fullest, but even then...

Benjamin Button spends most of his life just chilling in an old folks home until he's about 40

I think the film was masterfully made and that aspect seems to tricking people into thinking its something more than it is.

But i'm a heartless cynic so what do i know.

Nothing. Nothing is what you know.

Im watching it later today.

Pineapple Express - 8.5/10

Since it is from the creators of Superbad I was expecting this overhyped unfunny piece of shit, but this was actually funny, I love the fight scene with Red, ****in lol'd.

Children of Men: 9/10

The cinematography in this movie is fantastic.

The Dark Knight - 10/10

I wouldn't normally give a movie a 10/10, but this was ****ing brilliant! I'm glad I was finally able to see it.

The Dark Knight - 10/10

I wouldn't normally give a movie a 10/10, but this was ****ing brilliant! I'm glad I was finally able to see it.

I wouldn't rate it a 10 out of 10, but I finally saw it on Christmas day, and it was a great movie no doubt.

I'm going to rate it a 8/10 though just because I've only watched it once, and to be honest, I can't remember much of it. It didn't leave that lasting impression, but I'll watch it tomorrow night to see if my thoughts have changed.

Valkyrie - 7/10

If you take this at face value as the pure Hollywoodized B-movie that it is, you will be entertained. It's about Germans, but all of the actors have either American or British accents (whaaat). Tries to be a better movie than it is, but whatever - it's still pretty enjoyable. Also noteworthy is that it's another addition to the (very short) list of Tom Cruise movies where he doesn't irritate the shit out of me.

I only like Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai and Tropic Thunder.

I think the film was masterfully made and that aspect seems to tricking people into thinking its something more than it is.

Seconded. It's a very, very well made film, but I honestly didn't see any great message to it. Kind of reminded me of Forrest Gump in a lot of ways in that the protagonist meets a lot of interesting people during his strange life etc, etc but there doesn't seem to be anything profound that comes out of it. Enjoyable though, and probably worth a purchase as a DVD if nothing more than for the making of/extras (director commentary would be great..but I suspect Fincher won't do one cos he's a git).

Other films I've watched:-

Ame agaru (After the Rain) 9/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181960/

A Japanese Period Samurai drama based on a script written by Kurosawa. Sadly he died before he got to make it, but it was made by his friends as a tribute. Not a flashy film, more a character driven piece but a pleasant change from the usual crazy sword play films (ala Zatoichi) about a talented but pleasant natured Ronin. Worth a looksee.

Kwaidan (Ghost Stories) 10/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058279/

Very stylized Japanese film which covers 4 folk tales/horror stories. Pretty tame by todays standards, but you can see the influence of it upon films like The Ring and Dark Water.

Postal- 0/10

Watched and riffed with friends. Was such a shitty film, if you could call it that.

nomoreuwe.jpg

The Dark Knight - 10/10

I have mixed feelings. Not because of the movie, it was one of the best I've seen, but because we'll never see the Joker like this again.

I only like Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai and Tropic Thunder.

oh lolz

Tropic Thunder 9/10 Great comedy. Little gaps without many laughs, but the big scenes/long Downey Jr. lines are gold.

I'm gonna try and get an avatar of Les Grossman screaming into the phone and Downey Jr. looking insane.

Che, Part 1 and Che, Part 2
Not sure how to 'rate' them, but they were both really good. Seeing them back to back was like wow.

WALL-E 8/10
Adorable.

The Dark Knight - 7.5/10
My third viewing, it can be wrist cuttingly slow and cheesy sometimes but it's still a great Batman flick, made even better by Ledger's performance.

The Transporter - 7/10
Fun action flick but I felt it could've went on for another half hour, also, terrible soundtrack.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 6.5/10
Fun, liked it enough to start watching the show which I like enough to actually look forward to each episode.

Serenity - 8/10
If they bring the show back, I hope they disregard the events that took place in this movie. :(

The Lion King - Hakuna Matada/10
Still my favorite Disney movie of all time, just finally got the DVD last week.

Slither - 8/10
Disgustingly hilarious, I love the bonus features.

Saving Private Ryan - 8/10
Awesome.

Ice Age - 7/10
Meh, some funny parts.

Ice Age 2 - 8/10
The possums were great.

Firefly - Shiny/10
WHY FOX?! WHY?! ;(;(;(;(

I'd say that about covers everything that I watched over the past couple of weeks.

Religulous: 6.5/10
Non informative and wholly self serving to Bill, but entertaining.

Slumdog Millionaire: 8.7/10
I love the concept behind the movie. It's really a good idea and I don't know why it hasn't been done before. The characters are solid and the plot moves briskly, though it did seem to drag a bit at the end. Also, for a movie that shoves away common movie techniques (even the shooting is different with frequent off balanced shots), it seemed to use some cliches that kinda jarred me.

The Spirit, 5/10

decent popcorn flick, doesn't go any further than that.

slumdog millionaire - 9/10

surprisingly a very good movie. -1 for shaky cam usage.

Resident Evil Degeneration 6.5/10

As a fanatic zombie/sci-fi fan, I liked it alot, but from a serious non zombie/sci-fi baised critical point of view, it had horrible story, horrible voice acting, and it as overall horrible, and very forgettable.

The Fast And Furious - Tokyo Drift

5 out of 10 because its not as good as the first one.

Little Miss Sunshine - 8.5/10...
Charming and hilarious.

I still hate Steve Carell though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back