Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spirit.

as a movie: 5/10. Some style, nothing more.

As an adaptation: 1/10. That is not Will Eisner's Spirit.

Freddie Got Fingered (it's a Tom Green movie)
9/10
Really ****ed up, but really hilarious. There was no plot, it was just Tom Green being Tom Green.
The deleted scenes really make it hilarious though.

slumdog millionaire - 9/10

surprisingly a very good movie. -1 for shaky cam usage.

Shaky cam? Hmm, I must have not noticed it. When I think shaky cam, I think the Bourne series (which, imo, the cam work completely ruins the movie), but maybe that's an extreme example.

John Woo's Hard boiled 10/10

"Give a man a gun and he thinks he's Superman, give him two and he thinks God."

My sediments exactly.

sediment.gif

Oh, pesmerga. You're such a jerk but I love you. I think.

Seven Pounds - 8/10.
I never thought of suicide by jellyfish until this, despite the fact it's entirely logical.

Once Upon a Time in the West for a 10th time. Still 10/10 Most badass movie ever.

Im gonna go to bed and watch some The Shield season 1

8/10. One of the best shows there is. still havent seen the last season. It's great!

Memento - 9/10

Confusing at first, but I really enjoyed it. Top-notch acting all round, and the whole backwards timeline thing was done perfectly.

I really should watch Memento again. It was a very good film, albeit confusing.

Pirates of the Caribbean - 8.5/10
Good fun.

Dead Man's Chest - 8.5/10
Still a ton of fun, although I felt it was a bit too long.

At World's End - 7/10
A bit confusing and the whole Calypso thing was just dumb, still had fun watching it though.

Friday the 13th - 6.5/10
A bit dull but provides decent scares.

Part 2 - 7.5/10
I pooped.

Pirates of the Caribbean - 8.5/10
Good fun.

Dead Man's Chest - 8.5/10
Still a ton of fun, although I felt it was a bit too long.

At World's End - 7/10
A bit confusing and the whole Calypso thing was just dumb, still had fun watching it though.
Pirates of the Caribbean - 4/5
Good fun indeed

Dead Man's Chest - 2/5
Too dumb movie.

At World's End - 1/5
Way too dumb movie.

The original Star Wars trilogy is by no means overrated.

And the first two POTC films were good, the last was just one big 'wtf?'

Hellboy 2 - 7/10

Pretty good, though it comes off a little like a really high budget straight-to-DVD movie somehow. It's cheesy and predictable, but the action is good and the characters are fun, especially the prince who I thought was a great villain. Effects and costume/set design were amazing, as expected from Guillermo.

As much as I hate this term, I'm pretty sure a series as ludicrously popular and well-received as Star Wars couldn't possibly live up to it's own reputation. So technically, it pretty much is.

Also, the original trilogy ****ing bores me to death.

Okay I must say I always thought people were off their heads when they said star wars was the best sci-fi ever but it wasn't rubbish :|

And the first two POTC films were good, the last was just one big 'wtf?'

ok I'm a little confused ..is that the first trilogy as in the first movies that came out in the late 70's ..or do you mean in chronological order?

...anyways yes they're overrated ..however that doesnt matter one bit to the people it was originally marketed to ...if you look at the first film it doesnt exactly stand up to today's standards and I dont even mean by special effects ..it's just so damn hokey even embarrassingly so, espcially seeing as how cool harrison ford turned out to be later on in other films.

George Lucas is the Mister Rogers of "science" fiction ..the worst thing that ever happened was that he was given a huge budget and carte blanche to do whatever he wants ...the best movie out of the trilogy wasnt even directed by him ..that says something

Once Upon a Time in the West for a 10th time. Still 10/10 Most badass movie ever.

"The future don't matter to us, nothing matters now, not the land, not the money not the woman. I came here to see you, cos now I know you'll tell me what you after."

"Only at the point of dying"

"I know"

:)

The first and second films were good (second esp), but Return of the Jedi was when it all started to go hideously wrong. Coincidently this was about the time George Lucas realised that there was more money to be made in SW action figures for him personally over gate receipts.

It really is. It's like, the prequels sucked? Guess what - Star Wars was never good. It is the bane of science fiction.

Star Wars = Science Fantasy
2001 = Science fiction

Well I loved them, I even found good points in the latest films, but the trilogy will always remain a childhood favorite of mine.

Die Hard: With A Vengeance - 10/10

My favourite Die Hard, love the little games and the whole Simon Says thing.

Lucas is vastly overrated, especially the original Star Wars trilogy, but I watched THX 1138 a couple of weeks ago and I was really impressed, I can't believe he actually directed that.

Valkyrie: 9/10. Would have gotten an extra point if all the German people didn't speak perfect English. Tom Cruise surprisingly did a pretty good job on the part; I had many doubts about him being suited for the role.

What I don't understand is why they still carried on with the plot after Hitler moved the meeting to the room with the open windows. They knew the bomb would not be as effective since the open windows would let out the percussion that was intended to kill Hitler inside the concrete fortress. It seemed to me it would have been smarter to wrap the bomb in ball bearings / other debris to make it even more deadly.

Star Wars is very overrated. But the original trilogy is quite good.

There was this girl that posts on here sometimes

She has a suit of Stormtrooper armour.

I bet she really liked Star Wars.

I do too.

Heima
10/10
Sublime.

The Thing- 9.6/10

Enjoyable enough. Kurt Russel is pretty awesome, and probably his best performance. Which is a shocker, with having hits like Overboard under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back