Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the first Spiderman was a great film, the romance side of it was rubbish but everything else was very entertaining, the second wasn't so great, and third was just painful to watch.

Number 3 made it worse with the assraping of Venom, he is my favorite villain too. ;(

I thought the first Spiderman was a great film, the romance side of it was rubbish but everything else was very entertaining, the second wasn't so great, and third was just painful to watch.

We just watched the second. They are absolutely horrifyingly awful movies.

The villains have no motivation and exist as little more than to put in action scenes. Honestly you could remove them and still get roughly the same movie. The acting is terrible all across the board (though Molina was decent and JJ was fantastic). There is zero chemistry between MJ and Parker. The movie is filled with scenes that are unnecessary and only serve to make Raimi laugh at his own humor that even an 8 year old would find :| Not a single character goes through any sort of development and just "does" whatever the hell they feel like at any given time. This shit is on par with Batman and Robin.

In Bruges

8/10

Was pleasantly surprised with this. Great comedy-noir in which Colin Farrell played a really good part. I would definitely recommend it :)

10 minutes into spider-man 3 my computer developed sentience with the intent of destroying itself to make it stop.

Spiderman - 10/10

Spiderman 2 - 10/10

Spiderman 3 - 10/10

The Dark Knight - 0/10

Gran Torino - 8/10

A Few Good Men - 9/10
Love it.
He handled the truth just fine.

Jerry Maguire - 6/10

Pretty boring lead-up with a really nice feel-good ending. Tom was good, one of those movies where he's in his element.

Waiting...- 2/10 Just plain shit. Un-funny all the time
American Psycho- 9.2/10
Royal Tennenbaums- 8.7/10

I am Legend (the will smith one) -- 6/10
I liked the first 3/4 of the movie. Nothing too original plot-wise but just seeing how he lived his day to day life and his relationship with his dog were cool. They really nailed the feeling of isolation. Then the ending came and it was pretty meh. Not horrible but it left something to be desired. Then I read the thread here (I haven't read the book btw) and saw the alternate ending. This movie was butchered. It goes off in so many directions that amount to nothing. It's like the director couldn't decide whether he wanted to portray the monsters as intelligent or not so he did both. Could have been so much more.

Slumdog Millionaire -- 8/10
Just a good story all-around. I liked the relationship between the brothers/ the hot chick alot. In the end it turned out to be a pretty simple romantic story but a good one. The way everything came together at the end was pretty neat. Good soundtrack.

In Bruges - 9/10.

Wow very funny, so random too. Some nasty scenes too. Also CLEMENCE FUKIN POESY!!!

The Mummy III - 1/10

HONEST TO CHRIST WHAT THE **** WERE THESE ASSHOLES THINKING WHEN THEY MADE THIS PILE OF PLUTO SHIT???

The Zombie Diaries meh/10

I was expecting a good urban zombie-survival movie, but do I get one? No. I get a shitty indie film about a crappy documentary team w/ a skinnier version of Kevin Smith. a couple of survivors that travel the countryside in their compact. And the story of two sick F**ks that capture and rape survivors.

Definitely not worth my time.

Donnie Darko 10/10

I went into this thinking it was a shitty teen movie. Turned out to be exactly the kind of themes I love, lot's of crazy philosophy and physics. Definitely one of my favourite movies of all time now.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: 9/10

Definitely interesting. Big Fish style storytelling always wins.

Also Brad Pitt.

Gran Torino 6/10

Meh, 30 minute story stretched out to a full movie. It doesn't deliver on the Eastwood asskicking either.

The Lives Of Others - 9/10, pretty great. Oh god Minister Hempf was nightmarish.

The Lives Of Others - 9/10, pretty great. Oh god Minister Hempf was nightmarish.

Yeah that's a v.good film, kind of weird to think about those people going from a strict regime like that to a few years later a unified Germany where such things would be inconsequential.

the wrestler 8/10 - really good film and really heart renching and brutal at the same time. Some of the wrestling scenes are cringe worthy and I don't cringe easily myself. Little annoyed with the ending but it's not that bad but yeah really good movie and mickey rourke is terrific in it.

Pi 8/10 - good film and certainly disturbing and weird. I suppose I did like it when I understood some of the mathematical concepts in the movie and no one else I watched it with did.

requiem for a dream 9/10 - I had never seen this film before and I always told myself I had to get around to it sometime and good god it is brilliant. It is haunting, distressting, incredibly disturbing, frightening but oh so brilliant. And of course i need to give a nod to the famous soundtrack from it. I wanna watch it again now.

Cube 7.5/10 - pretty good scifi horror flick

The Zombie Diaries meh/10

I was expecting a good urban zombie-survival movie, but do I get one? No. I get a shitty indie film about a crappy documentary team w/ a skinnier version of Kevin Smith. a couple of survivors that travel the countryside in their compact. And the story of two sick F**ks that capture and rape survivors.

Definitely not worth my time.

Lol, that film is so very bad.

Pineapple express 6/10

Certainly had its moments but overall it was pretty lame. Maybe I should have toked up first.

^ Pretty great movie, loved Bale.

Big Nothing - 7/10

Decent if a bit by-the-numbers harebrained scheme gone wrong type movie. Pegg was a little jarring with an american accent, even though he pulled it off okay.

Burn After Reading - 9/10

Man, I don't know what the **** I just watched, but it was pretty special. Enjoyed it a lot more than No Country (which I still need to give another go).

Role Models - 8/10

Very enjoyable, quite a few hilarious moments.

Quantum of Solace
**** I hate shaky cam/10

I gave up watching after 20 minutes of having half second clips of cars and peoples faces and running and guns flashed before my eyes, all of them with just a touch of shaky hand to make it extra hard to see what's going on.

Pineapple express 6/10

Certainly had its moments but overall it was pretty lame. Maybe I should have toked up first.

WHAT?! that was the best comedy of 08!

Slumdog Millionaire
10/10

yeah, it really is a good movie.

Dark Reprieve: 0/1000

I am usually pretty lenient with the movies I watch. Even if I hate the movie, I'll at least watch it all the way through to see if it will have some redeeming quality. I have never walked out of a movie, nor have I ever turned off one while its still going (unless I get pulled away for something more important, but usually then I finish it afterwards).

But this movie... I watched it for 15 minutes, turned it off, and shift-deleted it off my hard drive. What the **** man, how can something be so bad? Who the **** wrote this piece of shit? Who the **** hired that actress? Who the **** hired that actor? Who the **** thought it was a good idea to have a ****ing Grizzly Bear in the movie (I'm asuming there was one, because I heard grizzly bear growls during a flash back (maybe it was a flash forward? Who knows I couldn't tell what was happening).

God damn it, it was so bad that in 15 minutes it totally destroyed my good mood I had after finally getting GTA IV to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back