Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger Dodger - 9/10

If you just listen to Roger talking, its so insightful, its scary how right he is.

American Psycho - what/10

Disturbing as all hell.

Dead Space: Downfall - 5/10

Wasn't bad. Wasn't good, either.

slumdog millionaire 9/10

absolutely fantastic, this will sweep the oscars :D

valkyrie 7/10

good movie but soe plot points don't tend to be explained enough which left me wondering quite a few times what the characters were doing. But still a good movie and I don't get the criticism it's getting.

Taken 10/10 ****ing great movie
In Bruges 10/10 another insane ****ing movie
Death Race 8/10 TWISTED ****ING METAL!!! The movie even HAD A ****ING BOSS FIGHT!!!! ****ing MINION WAS IN THE MOVIE!!!
vexille 7/10 great art style and cool idea, just wasnt enough flash.

Babylon AD 4/10 I wouldn't even buy this on bluray if it were $5
The Office Seasons 1 and 2: 9/20 Awesome show and even better when watching your best friends.
We couldn't stop laughing and today at work I found out just about everyone watches it so we now all have something in common. Now I have to finish the rest and get caught up

vexille 7/10 great art style and cool idea, just wasnt enough flash.
Seriously. One of the only CG movies I've actually been bored watching more than half the time. If you're going to have lifeless, expressionless characters, it's probably not a good idea to have them just talking most of the time.

Starship Troopers - 8/10

Still awesome. I never noticed before now how well the effects have aged, probably owing to the film's b-movie aesthetic.

Starship Troopers - 8/10

Still awesome. I never noticed before now how well the effects have aged, probably owing to the film's b-movie aesthetic.

It's an entertaining b-movie, but I could just never bring myself to like it as it was such a horrible interpretation of the book. Missed the entire point.

Valkyrie - 7/10

Never really captured me, though its a good history lesson, honestly didnt know of any attempts to assassinate Hitler before WW2. Just never bothered to read up that much I guess.
Packed with too many awesome actors for my liking, atleast 10-15 recognisable, its like they were trying too hard and had too much money to make the film, but still fell short.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - 9/10

Why is Kevin James so damn funny in almost every one of his films lately? My god did I almost wet myself.

^tbh, I haven't seen anything that Kevin James was in that sucked, he's a funny guy.

LOTR ROTK Extended edition with cast commentary - 9/10. The commentary is brilliant. Bernard Hill (Theodin), Andy Serkis (Gollum/Smeagol), Dominic Monaghan (Merry) and Billy Boyd (Pippin) are all hilarious. John Rhys-Davies (Gimli/Treebeard) and Orlando Bloom (Legolas) were good as well. -1 point because Viggo Mortensen didn't do any commentary and I would have loved to hear what he had to say. But still, it was very good and I learnt a lot things about the filming process that I never would've known had I not listened to the commentary
Like, for instance, the fact that in the scene The Witch King's Hour, the Witch King was actually voiced by Andy Serkis, not Laurence Makoare, who plays him throughout the rest of the film. Andy also voiced three of the Uruk Hai in Two Towers in the scene outside Fangorn Forest.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. 8.75/10

I liked it better than the first two.

Fight Club (on TV) and The Departed (on ipod) Both very good, don't know why I'm combining reviews 9/10

And why is Fight Club on tv so much?

Repo: The Genetic Opera - 8/10
Well it really is like an opera, as in basically the whole movie is told thru song. If you can't stand that then you prolly won't like this movie. Aside from that alot of the songs/ambient music were actually pretty cool. The story was pretty good and strange, every character was well-developed and likable imo. The irony of Paris Hilton being in this movie is brilliant. I wish Marylin Manson would have been in this movie as it would have fit him perfectly.

Event Horizon - 7/10
I liked the story and setting. The characters weren't fleshed out very well which may have been the cause of the somewhat poor acting. Walked a fine line between being campy and serious.

All the Real Girls - 8/10

slow and contemplative, full of interesting small-town characters

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. 8.75/10

I liked it better than the first two.

What twat casted Rhona Mitra instead of Kate Beckinsale!?

Sex appeal of that movie has now dropped from fap fap to flacid.

umm isn't a prequel? hence the lack of Kate Beckinsale.
but i know what you mean, i much prefer her too

Its not the same character. Rhona plays Lucien's girlfriend that was shown via flashback getting sunfried in the second movie. The vampire Beckinsale wasnt even alive at that point. And the story is a lot better in this one than in the previous one, and Rhona is a superior actress compared to Kate.

Actually having watched the first 20 mins or so, Ive realised she's a different character, technically Kate's character isnt in the story yet as its a prequel. Didnt know it was a prequel heh.

Id agree Kate's acting abilities are pretty lol, but damn it I drool everytime I see those lips pouting.

There Will Be Blood

10/10

Jesus holy ****ing **** man what the shit

Notice how when I see a good film I don't even review I just swear and make noises

That was a good ****ing movie.

There Will Be Blood

10/10

Jesus holy ****ing **** man what the shit

Notice how when I see a good film I don't even review I just swear and make noises

That was a good ****ing movie.
It was great for reasons that still escape me somewhat. Never have I been so rapt with suspense watching a movie in which scarcely anything happens. It's basically 90% build up, but the pay off is sweeeet.

Slumdog millionaire is the best film I've seen this year.

Slumdog millionaire is the best film I've seen since the dark knight.

Slumdog Millionaire is better than The Dark Knight.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas: 7.5/10

Pineapple Express 8.5/10

Funny, gross, obnoxious but well worth it. My friend and I were laughing throughout but its still overrated. Maybe its because I stopped smoking but yeah it just wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I'm so glad it wasn't really over the top though. Some pot movies are over the top and this was just right

The Man from Earth
Starts by giving you the impression that it's a crappy hallmark-like "made for TV" thing, which it pretty much is, except it's actually one of the most thought-provoking and suspenseful films I've seen. Which is very impressive, considering the entire film consists of 5-6 people talking in a living room with a guy who claims he's been living for 14,000 years. Extremely believable, which feels kinda odd in retrospect.

Pineapple Express
It's no Half Baked, but it's funny as hell.

How High
Crappy attempt at another Half Baked.

Pi
Pretty good, intelligent film. It's about math, but not aimed at math freaks. More like, describing the math freak's life to a non-math freak. The ending was way too hollywood, so I guess you could say that surprised me.

Mo' Better Blues
Excellent Spike Lee joint about black(!) jazz players. Very cozy.

Futurama: The beast with a billion backs
A longer futurama episode about tentacles looking for love. No Simpsons movie but it's definitely watchable, even very funny at times.

Better than I expected, but you can't really go wrong with Stephen King. Definitely scary at times, but I didn't enjoy the ambiguity of the ending.

Death Race
Terrible.

Kidulthood + Adulthood
Great, really ****ing great. Watch.

Iron Man
Much better than I expected, more realism and attitude than the rest of the superhero flicks out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back