Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
COME ON

guys seriously are you capable of understanding narrative

COME ON

guys seriously are you capable of understanding narrative

You over estimate a lot of our members. They stumbled in here looking for /b/, but just haven't figured out where the exit is yet ;)

Slumdog Millionaire 9/10

It's a great film, with some excellent scenes and well acted. I don't know whether it would hold up to repeat viewing, but it kept me engaged through out. Recommended.

You over estimate a lot of our members. They stumbled in here looking for /b/, but just haven't figured out where the exit is yet ;)

Your obsessed with this /b/ shit. Just because someone has a different opinion than you does not mean they are beneath you, got off your ****ing high horse.

How now do you intend to dispose of feces?

....oh dear....

Outlander - 8/10

- Vikings? check.
- Super-badass human protagonist from outer space? check. (apparently earth is an abandoned 'seed colony')
- Nasty monster dragon thing from outer space? check.
- Roars rivaling that of Leonidas? check.
- Viking on Viking combat? check.
- Mead? check.
- Hot chick? check.

If you like kickass sci-fi B-movies this is for you.

Outlander - 8/10

- Vikings? check.
- Super-badass human protagonist from outer space? check. (apparently earth is an abandoned 'seed colony')
- Nasty monster dragon thing from outer space? check.
- Roars rivaling that of Leonidas? check.
- Viking on Viking combat? check.
- Mead? check.
- Hot chick? check.

If you like kickass sci-fi B-movies this is for you.

Seeking out now :D

Your obsessed with this /b/ shit. Just because someone has a different opinion than you does not mean they are beneath you, got off your ****ing high horse.

Don't just stand there, come in stalker :dozey:

Also, for the record:-

Your table

You're an asshole

:dozey:

Don't just stand there, come in stalker :dozey:

Also, for the record:-

Your table

You're an asshole

:dozey:

Lowest form of intelligence is correcting peoples spelling on a forum, and you call me an asshole, look in the mirror, anyway, I'm bored of you.

Lowest form of intelligence is correcting peoples spelling on a forum, and you call me an asshole, look in the mirror, anyway, I'm bored of you.

It's not spelling, it's grammar stalker :LOL: :dozey:

Back to film reviews perhaps? ;)

Babylon A.D 4/10

Just plain 'not good' and best avoided.

It's not spelling, it's grammar stalker :LOL: :dozey:

Back to film reviews perhaps? ;)

Babylon A.D 4/10

Just plain not good and best avoided.

Whatever, the principle still applies. Your a petty gimp who can only find a way to appear intelligent by attacking something which I didn't give enough of a toss about to get right, but is the only thing you can muster to use as a retort. Good work.

Also, do you think calling someone Stalker makes you sound clever? It just makes you sound like a prat.

Also, do you think calling someone Stalker makes you sound clever? It just makes you sound like a prat.

I think it's one of those ongoing joke things. Just like :dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey:

Anyway I watched Trainspotting, it was pretty good, but it seemed like one of those films that might be cool the first time and then when you come back to it it's like ehhh this is a bit cheesy. Plus what was with all the dance music.

Then I watched Pineapple Express. It was moderately humorous, but mostly bad.

I think it's one of those ongoing joke things. Just like :dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey::dozey:

Obviously a joke only he understands, makes him even more of a prat.
I watched Trainspotting, it was pretty good, but it seemed like one of those films that might be cool the first time and then when you come back to it it's like ehhh this is a bit cheesy. Plus what was with all the dance music.

The dance music was due to the music of the time the film was released, a 90's thing.

Yeah... It worked okay, but there's one bit where he's moving to London, and there's this incredibly tacky montage of London with incredibly tacky 90's house, and it was kinda cringe-worthy :/

Yeah... It worked okay, but there's one bit where he's moving to London, and there's this incredibly tacky montage of London with incredibly tacky 90's house, and it was kinda cringe-worthy :/

Yeah, I guess it doesn't hold up too much today, good for it's time though, plus it sent Danny Boyle onto bigger and better things.

Obviously a joke only he understands, makes him even more of a prat.

Seek the approval of others and you'll always be their slave. :dozey:

As for :dozey:, he knows his soldiers and they know him; like shining tigers, much celebration in the right spaces.

That you don't get it doesn't diminish the amusement at this end.

Films? No

Kayadi and stemot both stfu or I'll do it for you. Take it to PMs if you must.

Kayadi and stemot both stfu or I'll do it for you. Take it to PMs if you must.

I think it's only fair to point out that I'm the one being stalked from thread to thread here Unit. The man is obsessed I say, obsessed, like a Chicken hawk!!! :dozey:

City of Ember - 7/10 - Better than I envisaged. Reminded me quite a lot of City of Lost Children in many ways, in that it takes an idea and generates a fanciful visual grotesque from it. Certainly not one to think to hard upon (the flaws are innumerable), but worth a viewing, plus Bill Murray of course, the dictionary definition of laconic.

STALKED: A story of two forum members: 2/10.

Lacked good substance and action.
Dialogue was mostly repetitive.
Anti-climatic ending.
+2 for multi-setting plot.

Let The Right One In
Possibly the best film I've ever seen. It's a romantic children's tale combining bloodshed and vampirism with escapism, outcasts and the social climate of Sweden. Get the subbed version before the Cloverfield director butchers it in his 2010 remake.

Taken - 9.5/10

Seriously, I thought it'd be average meh action movie, it's got suspense and action, and it's mixed well, I really liked this movie.

Dude, Where's My Car? - 9/10

Still the best stoner movie. Continuum Transfunctioner ftw.

Taken - 7/10
Great action flick that doesn't pretend to be anything else (I'm looking at you, eagle eye). Accomplishes what it sets out to do but isn't really innovative in any way so I can't score it higher. Fun to watch but easy to forget.

The man from earth - 6/10
A neat idea but not really enough to make a movie out of. It was entertaining hearing the story and the reactions from the teachers' point of view was interesting. The big plot twist or surprise or whatever toward the end was pretty predictable if you are thinking about history during the movie and they don't really go anywhere with it. The ending was kinda lame (referencing both the psychologist and the chick) and unneeded imo.

Death Race - 7.5/10
Great action, lots of violence but it felt like watching Twisted Metal or Full Auto. also everything was predictable

Step Brothers - 7/10
Not funny in the beginning, very funny in the middle and kinda weird at the end. I think they tried way too hard to make a laugh and a lot of times it was just awkward....and not like the Office awkward....just plain "what the hell?"

both movies would have been worse had i watched them alone

Ray - 8.5/10...
Great, love the performances.

V for Vendetta - 8/10...
Awesome.

Doom - 4.5/10...
Uh... the special effects and creature design were cool?

haha yea there aren't many movies I can't find any redeeming value in but doom is up there. I remember the first person scene feeling so cheesy and forced.

Doom - 4.5/10...
Uh... the special effects and creature design were cool?

They would've been better off making a movie directly after the Doom comic. :LOL:

And I have no idea why they change the "gateway to hell" story anyway.
Yes I agree it doesn't have nay redeeming qualities. It just fails on all counts. everything about it just screams low budget...

So yeah, what the hell Id? :|

Doom could have been done so, SO much better.

Seriously, if they had just let me screenwrite it or something.

I find it amazing how the story of the Silent Hill and Doom films are worse than the games.

Dude, Where's My Car? - 9/10
Still the best stoner movie.

Best stoner movie? Oh god, how wrong you are.

Choke - 8/10 - liked it better than the book actually

Quarantine - 7/10 - way better than I expected from an American remake of a foreign horror film. Relatively predictable and campy but well-executed and I'm a sucker for anything featuring flesh-hungry zombies/infected.

I think it's only fair to point out that I'm the one being stalked from thread to thread here Unit. The man is obsessed I say, obsessed, like a Chicken hawk!!! :dozey:

City of Ember - 7/10 - Better than I envisaged. Reminded me quite a lot of City of Lost Children in many ways, in that it takes an idea and generates a fanciful visual grotesque from it. Certainly not one to think to hard upon (the flaws are innumerable), but worth a viewing, plus Bill Murray of course, the dictionary definition of laconic.

Just watched it. I was a little disappointed by the lack of adult themes, but it was fun. I kept wondering "Dammit, is this a jesus movie or an atheist movie".

Yeah saw that movie too, and it was ok I guess. I just didn't get where all the giant bugs and that monster (that looked suspiciously a lot like a bullsquid) came from.

The answer is probably: nuclear war > radiation > giant mutant animals.

facepalm :rolleyes:

I really didn't like Quarantine. Or Cloverfield. Really, the only good movie with the hand held camera, "found footage" technique is The Blair Witch Project.

Garden State: 6.5/10

I don't see what the big fuss is about :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back