Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

All this hl2.net hype has forced me to preorder. $27.16 is cheeeeeeeeeap.

Wow, this is sounding better and better. Love the way you get points for following commander orders, just the kind of useful carrot-on-stick action that might motivate pubbies to work as a team... maybe.

I just hope they have more than a few smaller, infantry based maps - never been a fan of RO tank combat, it's just not my thing.

aCxi5.jpg

This is a joke.

IT would be odd for it to start on a Friday or Saturday wouldn't it? I'd be more inclined to believe it if it were Monday.

IT would be odd for it to start on a Friday or Saturday wouldn't it? I'd be more inclined to believe it if it were Monday.

I am not counting on it. Somewhere next week, or even the week after that seems much more likely. Although you can always hope. :)

That was amazing in a totally terrible-90s-video-game-advertising kind of way.

TRIPWIRE IS GOING TO MAKE YOU THEIR BITCH.

Looks like the beta for the Deluxe edition will be starting sometime next week. Should give us plenty of time to play before the final release.

More excited for this game than BF3 (which I can't say I'm all that excited for), can't wait.

Haha that's the best ad for a video game I've seen in recent years.

The Battle of Stalingrad began on the 23rd of August, maybe they will start the beta tommorow, that video certainly has me hoping!

The Battle of Stalingrad began on the 23rd of August, maybe they will start the beta tommorow, that video certainly has me hoping!

Alan Wilson from Tripwire says in that video something along the lines of: "When this video is out, you already got the beta, or you will get it very soon."

That video was hilarious. Even though I knew most of the info, it was highly entertaining regardless. The leaning looks really cool, graphically. Especially with the piston, when he was leaning out past the wall.

Wow.

Wooooow.

****ing so pumped. Why didn't I get the DD version for beta shit SHIT. D:

Looking good! Hopefully we'll get the beta this week.

I was hoping the beta would start today (monday) so I could spend the whole day playing, and feel okay to play DX:HR when it releases tomorrow. But if they release the beta tomorrow then I'm going to be torn on what to play, especially since I'm only going to be home for part of the day.

I was hoping the beta would start today (monday) so I could spend the whole day playing, and feel okay to play DX:HR when it releases tomorrow. But if they release the beta tomorrow then I'm going to be torn on what to play, especially since I'm only going to be home for part of the day.

I almost forgot about the new Deus Ex game. Oh, man! There's too many good games coming out. This is too overwhelming for me.

Second part of Total Biscuit's Gamescom footage. He runs around and dies a lot while a couple of devs mock his failure. Nothing of particular interest besides that, really.

Second part of Total Biscuit's Gamescom footage. He runs around and dies a lot while a couple of devs mock his failure. Nothing of particular interest besides that, really.

The second map looks great. Nice trolling of TB too.

Some obscure site posted a really in-depth preview btw. Check it out here.

If you couldn’t tell by now, I’m extremely pleased with Red Orchestra 2. In this day and age of a FPS market over-saturated with military and space marine shooters that are all pretty much run and gun, it’s good to have a shooter that requires tactics, skill, patience, precision, and teamwork. The build I played was only a beta, and while it had its issues, my experience really drowned out the bugs that I came across. I’m very excited for it, but unfortunately I don’t think RO2 will gain the wide spread appreciation it deserves because of the difficulty, learning curve, and overall mindset you need to have while playing. While it may not be noob friendly, it’s definitely not something that would require an insane amount of practice to get the hang of.

I thought the game was supposed to be tactical and battles were to take place over large areas? From that video, I saw a lot of CQB, run-and-gun Rambo gameplay, and an instance of bunnyhopping to avoid bullets... what gives?

I thought the game was supposed to be tactical and battles were to take place over large areas? From that video, I saw a lot of CQB, run-and-gun Rambo gameplay, and an instance of bunnyhopping to avoid bullets... what gives?
Tactical != no CQB. And if there's a jump button, people are going to use it. Survival instinct.

Back