Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

So who is going to be a part of my tank crew on day 1?

I'm buying this shit even though at the moment I'm making -$240/month. **** bills and eating, I gotta support these developers.

I'll be the guy who can't hit you with rockets for shit.

I'm having a seriously tough time deciding on whether to buy this or not... I already have Deus Ex, BF3, Skyrim, and X: Rebirth lined up for the rest of the year, not sure if I can afford more games.

This game is right up there with BF3 and Skyrim in terms of games I consider to be completely must-buy. Even if it's just the same gameplay from Red Orchestra updated to Unreal engine 3 I'll be completely satisfied with the purchase.

Krynn, I will crew with you. Although what really excites me about this game is the infantry combat, which is what I remember loving so much in RO (although RO tank battles were sweet too when you had a few competent tank crews working in conjunction).

Man, why the hell did I ever stop playing RO?

The game can be pre-ordered on Steam. The regular game costs 34.99, minus 10% pre-order discount. The Digital Deluxe Edition costs 44.99, again minus a 10% pre-order discount. This version contains entrance to the beta, more day 1 unlocks, and of course the inevitable TF2 hats. If you own the original Red Orchestra you get a 20% pre-order discount btw. Owners of the original RO get day 1 unlocks of the Kar98 and Mosin rifle bayonets and special in-game items: the Russian Guards Badge and the German Close Combat Badge, and another 10% discount.

Damn you're fast, just came here to post that. Also, if you own the first game on Steam, you get 20% off instead of 10%, plus all the extras. F*ckyeah! Normally I'd just get the standard edition since I dont give a shit about gimmickyass unlocks, but when they're giving me 20% off a $40 game, I just gotta support them with more monies. TAKE MY MONEY TRIPWIRE, I HAPPILY GIVE IT!

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is now available for pre-purchase on Steam at a 10% discount. For those that want something extra we are also excited to announce the Steam Digital Deluxe Edition of Red Orchestra 2 which will include weapon unlocks for RO2, special in-game items for Team Fortress 2, playable characters for Killing Floor and more. Finally, to reward all those Red Orchestra fans that have supported us for all of these years we're giving special bonuses to all of the owners of the original Red Orchestra including exclusive in-game content and 20% off the pre-purchase. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad will be available on August 30th, 2011, so go here (Steam Store Page) to pre-purchase now. Read on for the details on the pre-purchase and the Steam Digital Deluxe Edition.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Steam Digital Deluxe Edition

*Day 1 Unlock of the Elite Assault Weapons (MKb 42(H) and AVT-40)
*Day 1 Unlock of the Semi Auto Sniper Weapons (SVT-40 and G 41(W))
*2 playable characters for Killing Floor - WW2 Russian and German Soldier re-enactors unlocked in KF the moment you purchase
*Team Fortress 2 items - RO2 German helmet and Russian "Pilotka" hat ("vintage" if bought during pre-purchase)
*Access to the final phase of the closed beta

Pre-purchase Discount: 10% off both versions (20% off if you own the original Red Orchestra)
Bonuses for owners of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45:

*An extra 10% discount during pre-purchase for a total of 20% off
*Unlock the Kar98 and Mosin rifle bayonets on day 1
*Special in-game item - show everyone your loyalty to Red Orchestra with the exclusive Russian Guards Badge/German Close Combat Badge

Damn you're fast, just came here to post that. Also, if you own the first game on Steam, you get 20% off instead of 10%, plus all the extras. F*ckyeah! Normally I'd just get the standard edition since I dont give a shit about gimmickyass unlocks, but when they're giving me 20% off a $40 game, I just gotta support them with more monies. TAKE MY MONEY TRIPWIRE, I HAPPILY GIVE IT!

I saw TF2 was updated and read about the promo hats there. :) Just pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition btw. Indies like Tripwire deserve my money.

Does anyone know when this final phase of the beta begins?

The game can be pre-ordered on Steam. The regular game costs 34.99, minus 10% pre-order discount. The Digital Deluxe Edition costs 44.99, again minus a 10% pre-order discount. This version contains entrance to the beta, more day 1 unlocks, and of course the inevitable TF2 hats. If you own the original Red Orchestra you get a 20% pre-order discount btw. Owners of the original RO get day 1 unlocks of the Kar98 and Mosin rifle bayonets and special in-game items: the Russian Guards Badge and the German Close Combat Badge, and another 10% discount.

Only $39.99 for the deluxe edition for me. Yipee! I am definitely getting this.

Nope, but I am guessing it will be at least two weeks.

Uh, what? The game releases in three weeks. They're not going to start a new testing phase one week before release. In fact, I'd guess that the game will be gold next week and boxed copies will begin production. That could already have been started even. My bet is that beta testing is completely wrapped up by this point.

Also, while browsing their forums I found out that they plan on doing pre-loading. Horray!

EDIT: Oh derp, its part of the pre-order thing. Well, the final phase of the beta must not actually be beta testing, but rather a privileged demo. No way any changes they're going to make will be ready in time to make it onto the released version. Well, I guess that just solidifies the word "beta" not meaning what it is supposed to mean anymore. These days it just means "release candidate testing" or even worse, "demo".

Sweet. I am so pumped about this game that I am going to ignore the fact that it's probably going to appear on my press account and just buy it anyway. I want Tripwire to get all of the money in the universe and just keep making RO games on fresh engines every five years until I die an old and happy man.

I'm angry that so many games I Actually want are coming out at the same time. I can't afford all these crepes.

EDIT: Oh derp, its part of the pre-order thing. Well, the final phase of the beta must not actually be beta testing, but rather a privileged demo. No way any changes they're going to make will be ready in time to make it onto the released version. Well, I guess that just solidifies the word "beta" not meaning what it is supposed to mean anymore. These days it just means "release candidate testing" or even worse, "demo".

Welcome to 2009.

Just pre-ordered the deluxe. Got to a love a 20% discount...

Gotta love hats!

IAZgG.jpg

WbHqb.jpg

I'm angry that so many games I Actually want are coming out at the same time. I can't afford all these crepes.

Like what? My end of 2011 is pretty packed with RO2, BF3 and Skyrim all coming out within a few months, but what else is there to be excited about? Rage has some potential, but after Quake 4 and Doom 3 I'm not even remotely willing to throw id a bone...

PS: We need to have a release day RO2 party. As in, a bunch of badass HL2netters hop in TS/Vent/Mumble and squad up and roll out as a fully coordinated 3-4 tank squadron or something. I'm in already and I can provide a voice server if needed (afaik I still have a 100 person vent server and if not I have tons of friends who run TS/vent we can borrow).

For me, I've got this game, Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR, Iron Front, Uncharted 3, Arkham City, with other possibles being Guild Wars 2 and BF3, plus I still want to get LA Noire and Dead Space 2.

But yeah, RO2 party for sure. I should have that Tuesday totally free too.

Deus Ex, Red Orchestra, and From Dust are all coming in the last two weeks of this month. So that's like a hundred bucks. I guess BF3 is on the horizon but I'm facing a PC-aging issue and I might have to avoid it for a bit... BFBC2 pushed it to the limit and just looking at BF3 makes my PC kick on a few more fans. But yeah 100 in a single month for games is way over what I'd normally budget. I need to pick up some extra cash somehow this month. Maybe sell some old PS2 games.

Neat!

Since I own RO1 on Steam I get 20% off, which means the Deluxe version essentially costs the same as the regular retail version!

Time to do my first ever pre-order on Steam!

PS: We need to have a release day RO2 party. As in, a bunch of badass HL2netters hop in TS/Vent/Mumble and squad up and roll out as a fully coordinated 3-4 tank squadron or something. I'm in already and I can provide a voice server if needed (afaik I still have a 100 person vent server and if not I have tons of friends who run TS/vent we can borrow).

The game gets unlocked around seven on a Tuesday evening for me, so I'm there.

I'll be up for it if we also play a map that isn't purely tank-oriented since I'm more of an infantry person.

Not going to break my no pre-orders rule just yet... until I hear some beta impressions. :)

I'll be there, in all likelihood. Latency be damned!

Looks like a nice game. I played the original Red Orchestra and enjoyed how realistic it was, but I rarely pre-order things. I'll wait to hear the reviews from you guys.

I'll be up for it if we also play a map that isn't purely tank-oriented since I'm more of an infantry person.

Absolutely. Especially on day 1 I wouldn't want to play solely one kind of gametype.

dat huggably soft aussie version

X9GEC.jpg

Will probably get this, been craving a good WWII game lately.

Hah... low violence. Because we all know the Eastern Front of WW2 was totally lacking violence...

Apparently the low violence is there for Australians as a precaution until they iron out the new 18 rating there. Typically Australian censors have less of a problem with dismemberment and gore in games like this as well, since it's a realistic portrayal of the ~horrors of war~ instead of alien guts or whatever.

They should actually get a classification before spreading speculation about what will or won't be cut.

The steam blurb spells "unrivaled" wrong - irks me and seems unprofessional. Trite as ****, I know, but it's really been bothering me.

The first DLC pack will be free.

In our first post launch DLC we plan to add 2 tanks, 2 troop transports and more. Most likely a map and some things that might have slipped the launch of the game (along with the general host of bug fixes).

It will be free.

Read: The game will be releasing early with some vehicles and a map missing

I kid.

Read: The game will be releasing early with some vehicles and a map missing

I kid.

No, you're actually spot on. The devs have said on the official forums that not every feature they have planned, will make release. Co-op for example will be added later.

Back