Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Yeah, pretty much.

They've said they might release more paid content in future, but it would be as substantial as an expansion rather than a map pack/regular DLC. They said it might even contain the equivalent of what the full game ships with again. Pinch of salt, but still, that'd be pretty awesome.

Now we just have to hope that 100% of the servers don't start rotating a few select maps, as is apt to happen. :(

Now we just have to hope that 100% of the servers don't start rotating a few select maps, as is apt to happen. :(
Indeed, I hate that in MP games.

TF2 being a prime example, but luckily TF2 does still have quite a few servers that are 24P with full map rotations.

What if we were to host a HL2.net server with a full map cycle? Split between just three or four people the cost would be pretty negligible.

The game has been delayed. Just two weeks though and the beta for people who bought the Digitale Deluxe Edition still seems set for a late August start.

404'd

My god Tripwire has a lot of whiner fans though. Just looking through their forum post makes me nervous about the community.

Weird, they seem to have retracted the post. This was the original text:
We knew people would be unhappy about the delay – and we agonized over whether we should do it or not. Someone has already drawn the parallel on the forums: our earlier games have only really hit a real volume of users after launch. We know it is bad timing, after starting the pre-purchase last week. But the response brought home that the pre-purchase beta phase isn’t going to have 100s of people in it, with a few servers – it is going to have potentially 10s of 1000s of people in it. Which is obviously great news. But it IS a Beta (it isn’t some “marketing/PR Beta” with the game finished 2 months ago) – and the large volume of people WILL throw up odd and weird little bugs that only come to light in bulk testing. Code and QA want the chance to fix that stuff before we actually release the finished product.

So people understand, internally no dates are being pushed back. Everything will still be finished to the same dates as for the original release date. What we are doing is buying ourselves 2 extra weeks of QA and bug-fix time.

We haven’t released dates of the next phases of the Beta testing, but they aren’t far away. We already have the first of the press in the Beta, with a “preview” phase for the press scheduled to run over the next couple of weeks or so. After that, we’ll be ready for the final phase of the beta, with the pre-purchasers getting their hands on the game.

We haven’t taken this decision lightly: moving a release date late in the day is a nightmare. We’ve done it because we feel it will make a difference to the product on launch day – for the better, obviously. Moving a schedule that involves a large (for us) marketing budget, physical production and distribution to the retailers across the glove, as well as disappointing the fans who have waited a long time for this game, isn’t easy. But in this case, we feel it will be worth the pain.

My god Tripwire has a lot of whiner fans though. Just looking through their forum post makes me nervous about the community.

Yeah, so many whiners. They seem to be mostly new forum members though.

Meh. Delays are delays. What's a few weeks? Delay it months and I still wouldn't cry. As long as it comes out clean on the other end.

Delays are nothing new to the industry. These people need to find something else to occupy their time with instead of whining over nothing.

I am inclined to agree with TwwIX and StarBob.

If anything I consider it a good sign if a developer wants to postpone sales to deliver a more stable and polished product!

unrivaled still spelled with two ls in Steam blurb. Not looking good for RO2! :V

So, what makes this game special? I was always given the impression it was just some Day of Defeat type multiplayer focused game?

Sucks I'll be heading back to school around this time. Plus ill be on a shitty connection again so It'll take me 2 days to download this bad boy. Hopefully we get the "beta" sometime in August to hold us over.

It's realistic, but not quite Arma realistic. From what I gather most of it is in the mechanics, how easy it is to die, how the weapons handle and stuff, and having larger maps than your average shooter like DoD. It still has game-y stuff like frequent respawns (in most game modes) and whatnot, though.

No crosshairs either, at least the first one didn't have them. Also realistic vehicles, e.g tanks need a driver, spotter and shooter etc.

No crosshairs either, at least the first one didn't have them. Also realistic vehicles, e.g tanks need a driver, spotter and shooter etc.

And with locational damage on vehicles! With accurate projectile physics that can be deflected by shooting at a very angled part of the tank, etc. Also crew members can be killed without having the vehicle rendered nonoperational.

Theres a couple vids in this thread that go over some of the more basic infantry gameplay ZT, check them out. Its definitely not a standard shooter by any interpretation.

Ricochets are also in the first RO. They look quite spectacular.

And with locational damage on vehicles! With accurate projectile physics that can be deflected by shooting at a very angled part of the tank, etc. Also crew members can be killed without having the vehicle rendered nonoperational.

Speaking of, leaked tank screenie with dead crewman and blood on the interior. Presumably low detail, I've seen better than this in official vids.

VmRrm.jpg

Edit: By the way, http://www.greenmangaming.com/ have a promo on where you can save 20% on any game there by entering that code on the right. RO2 already has 15% off there for some reason also, which equals mega bux savings probably. Key registers on Steam.

If I buy this now on steam can I play the beta right away?

Ugh, that deal is really tempting but I just spent a bunch of money on other shit... ****.

If I buy this now on steam can I play the beta right away?

Nah, it was going to start just before release, but I'm not sure if they pushed it back with the delay or not.

Nah, it was going to start just before release, but I'm not sure if they pushed it back with the delay or not.

TWI claims that the pre-order beta will start on the date that was originally planned but they are not willing to share that date. Presumably it will be at the end of this month.

I loved the tank maps in darkest days. You'd hear the boom of the distant tank and then a second or so later there'd be an explosion near you. None of this close quarters tank rubbish.

TWI claims that the pre-order beta will start on the date that was originally planned but they are not willing to share that date. Presumably it will be at the end of this month.

The original release date was the end of the month, so it's gotta be sooner than that. At this rate, DD owners will probably get a few weeks of beta.

The original release date was the end of the month, so it's gotta be sooner than that. At this rate, DD owners will probably get a few weeks of beta.

Yeah, I am counting on at least three weeks of beta.

I've never heard of Darkest Days.

Do you mean Darkest Hour?

Had I been next to you in real life I would have done that myself when you told me you got it, rather than use a .gif of it. And no, it wouldn't have been sarcastic. Now I just need to make sure Viper gets it.

I broke my cardinal rule and pre-ordered. Don't judge me, that was ****ing cheap.

hd3c7.jpg

Way to keep up to date with your own ads Tripwire!

A dude on the Facepunch forums has published a bunch of screenshots from the beta (here and here). He also did a Q&A.

Back