Red Orchestra: Ostfront '41-45 FREE Demo period!

D

deceiver

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?p=163294#post163294

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Free Full-Game Trial via Steam (Aug 2 through Aug 7)

Roswell, GA, July 25, 2006: Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce a free full-game trial for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. From Wednesday August 2 through Monday August 7, players can download and play the full multiplayer game via Steam.
The free trial will come on the heels of Red Orchestra’s soon to be released Free Booster Pack. The original game features 13 maps, 28 weapons and 14 crewable vehicles. Just 4 months after release, the Free Booster Pack and previous updates add a large number of new features including:

- A full new map, Lyes Krovy, a brutal close-quarters fight for a German trench-and-bunker position in a forest in northern Russia in the summer of 1944. Soviet forces attack a strongly-fortified position, while the Germans fight hard to hold them off. Lyes Krovy has rapidly become a favourite with the Tripwire test team!
- A new weapon system - smoke grenades. On select maps, infantry commanders will now have smoke instead of explosive grenades, which can be used to create quick cover for assault routes, or to momentarily blind the defenders. We're finding that clever use of smoke can change tactical stalemates at a stroke!

- Two new weapons - the German MP41 sub-machine gun and the Soviet M44 rifle.
- Numerous other changes to the tank armour penetration systems; the tank reloading system and changes to the victory conditions to prevent stalemates.

Now you can see for yourself why Wargamer says “Red Orchestra: Ostfront is a marvellous game: a work of art, and a work of love. In some aspects it is the most demanding but also the most rewarding shooter ever produced.”

Check it out for yourself! If you like it, buy it off Steam or retail ;).

This game deserves so much more attention that what it's getting, I still play and love it to death =)

Yeah good game this, I suggest all of you who dont have it to give it a go.

;)

I never got into it back when it was a UT04 mod. The whole "who needs crosshairs when you have REAAALISM!" thing bugged the hell out of me. It's too bad, it would have been a really great game otherwise.

i've been waiting for something like this, or a demo.

also, is the load time still long as hell ?

How's the system requirements/load?
Can I run it ok on a 9800Pro, 2.5Ghz P4 and 512MB of RAM?

Been waiting for this. I didn't want to buy it and regret it but this looks like my kind of game.

i've been waiting for something like this, or a demo.

also, is the load time still long as hell ?

Seems as though Jammy hasn't played in a while. Load times are very short now since they made the switch to the loose filesystem (the gcf filesystem was the one bogging down load times). They are as fast, if not faster than the mod's load time.

Yeah, my load times were awful until that update got them sorted. Haven't played in a while actually.

Definitely a game which requires a bit of patience though, most players dislike it at first - but after a few hours - they love it. :D

But it's fair to say it's not everyones cup of tea.

yes it will run fine on that.

its a fun game, i like it. i did pull my hair out the first few hours but got into it after that, its pretty satisfying.

woo I've been waiting for this!

I don't think I've ever seen any actual gameplay of this, just trailers and screenies, so I never really wanted to risk buying it. Man they should have released a demo long ago...

Awesome! I was really impressed by the trailer on Steam and would love to give it a try. :)

what are the system rquirements?

:hmph: do you really not know how to type "ostfront requirements" into google?

Name Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
ESRB Rating M - Mature
Genre Shooter
System Requirements Pentium 4/Athlon 1.3GHz processor or better
Windows 2000/XP
256MB RAM
DirectX 9 supported 3D graphics card with 64MB Video Memory (ATI 7500, Nvidia MX440 or better).
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card.
DirectX 9.0c (included)
2GB free hard drive space
Mouse and keyboard
Broadband internet connection

Well I just watched the steam trailer and the only thing I don't like about it is that the movements of characters don't seem very 'smooth.' Maybe it's just the video...Still I can't wait to play it and actually see what it's like.

How large will the download be approximately? I guess I'll give it a try but I didn't like the mod ofr ut at all.

Looking very much forward to it as I get my Core 2 Duo, the newest motherboard designed for it, and matching ram on the 1st og August!

coool
now if they do a " The Ship " Weekend Demo, that'll be awesome

coool
now if they do a " The Ship " Weekend Demo, that'll be awesome

I am in the same situation with it as I am with Red Orchestra. It seems like the type of game I would like especially since I was one of the few who played and enjoyed the mod version for HL1, but I would hate to spend the money on it to find out I hate it. I weekend or just a demo would be great.

Ill give it a try. From the previews and what i read it seemed to realistic for me.

But ya, never played it so i will give it a go.

i can save you wondering about the ship.. it sucks. worst impulse buy ever.

I have to agree, I enjoyed it initially but now tbh, it just feels like a virtual version of hide'n'seek with guns.

Woot...I'm gonna try the demo. I already have DOD Source so im prolly not gonna buy tho

Note to everyone don't listen to this person, the ship is a fun game. ;)

Is it so difficult to open up Steam and go to the RO section and look at the requirements? Or is it that hard?

I looked at'em but I prefer statements from people who've played the game over what's written as sysreqs, I've encountered a few games where I've been over the minimum for example and the game has still run as shit.
Considering I already got a reply from someone, was it really necessary for you to reply too? I guess not, you probably did it simply in an attempt to grind my gears.:LOL:

I guess not, you probably did it simply in an attempt to grind my gears.:LOL:

No it's stupid to ask such a silly question when the answer would take you a minute at most to find, like the guy asking about xbox hl2 cheat codes, it ISN'T hard to find cheat codes on the internet, people are becoming to lazy on the internet now-a-days...

Well excuse me then, let's get back on topic.:)
How's the vehicle handling? I remember hearing it was hard as hell for lighter vehicles, i.e. they'd turn over easily, is it still the same?

In preparation for the Free Week, I suggest you watch these two tutorial videos. One on infantry and one on vehicles.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10708

Training Videos

Red Orchestra :Ostfront 41-45 Training Videos on Filefront.com
In anticipation of the upcoming Free Week on Steam next week, Tripwire have released a pair of training videos to give new players a sneak peek at what to expect when they hit the battlefield. The first video covers infantry combat basics and will help new soldiers learn about unique infantry combat systems in Red Orchestra and how they are used. The second video covers vehicle combat basics and will help get new players up and running with the information they need to handle the armored vehicle combat in RO. Even if you are an experienced RO player, we highly suggest you check out these videos as there may be some pointers even RO veterans can use. You can get the files over on Filefront.com from these links:

*Infantry Training
http://files.filefront.com/RO+Ostfr...ailer+++FF+Exclusive/;5320271;;/fileinfo.html

*Vehicle Training
http://files.filefront.com/vehicle+basic+tutorial+Finalwmv/;5319627;/fileinfo.html

Well excuse me then, let's get back on topic.:)
How's the vehicle handling? I remember hearing it was hard as hell for lighter vehicles, i.e. they'd turn over easily, is it still the same?

The only light vehicle that did turn over was the Russian amoured car, the BA-64. It still does, but after the first patch they made it a lot more stable.

The only light vehicle that did turn over was the Russian amoured car, the BA-64. It still does, but after the first patch they made it a lot more stable.
Okay, thanks for the answer, I guess some people like to make things like that seem worse than they actually are.:)

Back