Red Orchestra: Ostfront '41-45 FREE Demo period!

If I am correct the trial period just started. Download is almost done. Actually looking quite forward to this.

Just played it a bit. Looks like a very cool game if you're looking for a tactical, slowpaced simulation. The smacktards on the server who flooded in with this free trial period ruin it a bit though. There's no battles going on on the servers, just morons tk'ing you and retards asking "amagawd how 2 get it2 teh vehiclzes?". I've been looking for a game where gunfights are not over in 2 secs, but are drawn out, this seems to be such a game. I dislike the movement of your character though, floor feels like it's made out of ice. But perhaps that's deliberate for 'realism' or something.

Just played it a bit. Looks like a very cool game if you're looking for a tactical, slowpaced simulation. The smacktards on the server who flooded in with this free trial period ruin it a bit though. There's no battles going on on the servers, just morons tk'ing you and retards asking "amagawd how 2 get it2 teh vehiclzes?". I've been looking for a game where gunfights are not over in 2 secs, but are drawn out, this seems to be such a game. I dislike the movement of your character though, floor feels like it's made out of ice. But perhaps that's deliberate for 'realism' or something.

^^^^

Sums it up perfectly. I was playing on a clan server and that was quite a lot of fun. As long as people know what they're doing it's cool. But being the gunner in a tank, piloted by some moron that just keeps driving around without stopping and giving you an oppertunity to fire a shot is, pretty aggravating (sp?).

I love this game, but unfortunately I cant play it cause everytime i try and DL steam tells me that all servers are to busy and ive been trying all day!!:angry:

I love this game, but unfortunately I cant play it cause everytime i try and DL steam tells me that all servers are to busy and ive been trying all day!!:angry:

[yoda]
Delete ClientRegistry.blob you must.
[/yoda]

.bog.

(shut down steam, locate ClientRegistry.blob in your steam folder, delete it, restart steam, log in, download, play, should work)

[yoda]
Delete ClientRegistry.blob you must.
[/yoda]

.bog.

(shut down steam, locate ClientRegistry.blob in your steam folder, delete it, restart steam, log in, download, play, should work)

Sadly this did not work still the same message but thanks for the tryin!

Ok here is my opinion after playing some practice with bots, two complete rounds on different maps, one using a rifle the other a machine gun. Luckily I didn't play in server with many smacktards, just noobs and many many team kills.

First round I got 21 kills, did surprisingly well and found people die really really easily, including me. The map was ok and the performance was as expected from unreal engine, very good. I had heard lots of people say load times were long? They were very short for me, 10 or 20 seconds max.

Accuracy while not in prone or crouched is a disgrace at close range, being the noob weekend I'd often see two opposing guys running around each other just blazing away not hitting anything at point blank. I dislike the recoil system and the amount of recoil, just like DoD:S but you get used to it.

Movement is slow but it's not too bad since run speed is decent. You get tired very easily. The fall distance to death or damage is another disgrace, seriously people don't die falling 5 meters onto snow, can't stand that at all. I also hate the random artillery, so annoying.

Don't like the location damage on the bodies, shot in the arm = can't use weapon = not fun. Don't like driving the tanks, can't see anything when the tank is angled up or away. Bot AI was god awful if I've ever seen awful AI, two of the enemy tanks literally sat there while I pummeled 10 shells into them each, but of course online is the main game.

So to sum up, it's not for me. Too realistic and ultimately sacrifices too much gameplay for realism.

It blows imo. The most boring FPS I've ever played. Then again, some people will like it and others won't.

It blows imo. The most boring FPS I've ever played. Then again, some people will like it and others won't.

Ya, absolutely agree....plus I didnt like the menu too much, not that it is a BIG deal, but come on, looks like it was made 10 yrs ago

I played the hell out of Red Orchestra back in its hay-day as a mod ( Mostly before the vehicle nonsense). The gameplay was great then and it is great now. Granted, it isn't a game you can just log onto for 30 minutes at a time and own newbs. In fact, if your goal is to own newbs you are probably the newb and are owning your team by not playing the game as it supposed to be played.

However, after hopping around on a few servers today I found the game very hard to get into again. I've always hated the UT graphics engine, and the game still manages to look pretty mediocre and have sporadic bouts of bad performance (But it mostly depends on the map). The average skill and maturity of the players on most servers was pretty low, but that probably has something to do with it being a demo period. And, lastly, I dislike the addition of vehicles still.

Playing Red Orchestra mostly made me just want to play Battlefield 2 (Which I did after a few hours). Don't let me turn you off, however, as I am just burned out from its mod days. The game is excellent if you give it a chance.

Played it for a few hours. I've heard people complaining about long load times, mine were about 10-15 seconds...

Liked:

- ironsights
- performance (once you turn bloom off, this is seriously the dumbest thing my eyes have ever been tortured with)
- maps are cool
- weapon handling seemed alright, recoil takes some time getting used to
- tanks

Disliked:
- fall damage (I slide 6 feet down a hill and die)
- menus (confusing, overwhelming)
- stamina (you can only jump twice... lame, I don't care if it balances anything)
- bots suck

Finally got it Dl and I LOVE IT just as I did in its mod days!! RO is the type of game where if you arent an all around "skilled gamer" in general, you wont like RO. It takes patience which most gamers do not have, as well as skill...IMO. Its a shame tactical/realistic games like this dont catch on cause there my favorite! Most people dont like games with a steep learning curve especially in the FPS genre, people wanna be able to just jump right in and start killing fools.

Played it for a few hours. I've heard people complaining about long load times, mine were about 10-15 seconds...

Liked:

- ironsights
- performance (once you turn bloom off, this is seriously the dumbest thing my eyes have ever been tortured with)
- maps are cool
- weapon handling seemed alright, recoil takes some time getting used to
- tanks

Disliked:
- stamina (you can only jump twice... lame, I don't care if it balances anything)
- bots suck

There were a few times when a map took forever to load for some reason, but overall, yea they were nice and short.

Other than disliking the menus, your post sums up everything for me.

Ok here is my opinion after playing some practice with bots, two complete rounds on different maps, one using a rifle the other a machine gun. Luckily I didn't play in server with many smacktards, just noobs and many many team kills.

First round I got 21 kills, did surprisingly well and found people die really really easily, including me. The map was ok and the performance was as expected from unreal engine, very good. I had heard lots of people say load times were long? They were very short for me, 10 or 20 seconds max.

Accuracy while not in prone or crouched is a disgrace at close range, being the noob weekend I'd often see two opposing guys running around each other just blazing away not hitting anything at point blank. I dislike the recoil system and the amount of recoil, just like DoD:S but you get used to it.

Movement is slow but it's not too bad since run speed is decent. You get tired very easily. The fall distance to death or damage is another disgrace, seriously people don't die falling 5 meters onto snow, can't stand that at all. I also hate the random artillery, so annoying.

Don't like the location damage on the bodies, shot in the arm = can't use weapon = not fun. Don't like driving the tanks, can't see anything when the tank is angled up or away. Bot AI was god awful if I've ever seen awful AI, two of the enemy tanks literally sat there while I pummeled 10 shells into them each, but of course online is the main game.

So to sum up, it's not for me. Too realistic and ultimately sacrifices too much gameplay for realism.
Errrr... small problem. The game has next to no AI designed. This is almost 100% a multiplayer game. Joke's on you :LOL:

Disliked:
- bots suck
Why are the menus confusing?

The stamina has to be like that to stop retards bunnyhopping when you're trying to shoot them.

Back