Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Released!

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As if we really needed to tell you...[br]
Roswell, GA March 14th: Tripwire Interactive today launched their highly-anticipated World War II first-person shooter for PC, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, on Steam. The game is now immediately available for purchase, download and play via Steam. A boxed version of the game will also be available in stores across North America later this week, via Destineer's Bold Games label, with localized versions shipping to stores worldwide in the coming weeks.[br]
Based on the most highly-acclaimed mod ever made, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a full-featured, stand-alone World War II game that brings players to the frontlines of Eastern European combat during the height of World War II. Players choose from 24 infantry weapons or crew one of 14 detailed vehicles on the Russian Front between 1941-45. The combination of roles across thirteen maps, based on real-world locations and battles, allows Red Orchestra to finally achieve its goal of delivering a full first-person, World War II infantry and vehicle combat simulation.
[br]
With this Valve have also released an update to Steam:[br]
Updates to the Steam Client have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:[br]
[br]
Steam Client[br]
  • Fixed problem with launching Steam when running Windows 98[br]
    </li>
  • Steam will automatically validate Red Orchestra's cache the first time it
    is launched to ensure it isn't corrupted</li>

Just get someone to give you a beta key, they dont need it anymore more than likely.

bbyybb said:
Just get someone to give you a beta key, they dont need it anymore more than likely.
Beta doesn't work anymore, sorry.

Best ww2 shooter mp game hands down imo, played in the beta and enjoyed it, played it all night long last night and had a blast. Fans of tactical shooters like rainbow six, op flashpoint, vietcong will love it, if you are a run n gun gamer you probably wont, unless you like getting killed over and over of course :)

I really love the tank combat. Infantry combat hasn't improved much from the mod (although it still has slightly).

I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to DoD:S again! this is too good of a game. the firefights are simply intense! oh well, back to the game... :D

I get this error when I try to start the game

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2011 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video

Direct3DCreate8 failed.

History: CreateDirect3D <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Anyone able to help?

Make sure you browse the forums at the RO-site.
You will prob find an answer there.

Sounds good so far. I'm tempted as I fancy a change from CSS. Never bothered with DoD thus far. Is this better? Be interesting to play. Yep, a demo wanted here as well.

demo I would think should be out in a week or 2, I have given up dods for this, just so much more rewarding gameplay than dod could ever be imo

I actually find it rather boring. Its a really slow paced game.

Mod?! You mean it's Source?

Because according to what i saw and what the trailier said.. i Understand that it's Unreal Engine

CLASSIFIED said:
Mod?! You mean it's Source?

Because according to what i saw and what the trailier said.. i Understand that it's Unreal Engine

Red Orchestra is an UT2004 mod.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront is a commercial game, which uses modified UE2.5 engine.

Krynn72 said:
I actually find it rather boring. Its a really slow paced game.

At start it is, but once you have played, let's say, for 4-20 hours it changes. Why is this? The better you get at it, the game gets better. And after that...it doesn't feel like boring and quiet game, it actually gets very intensive. It isn't called "deep learning curve" game for nothing.

Give this game a change, you won't regret it.

I love RO. I love it a lot.

I just don't think it's going to meet much success on Steam.

I think the kids are far too weened on unrealistic games like CS and DoD to ever take a look at something with the hyper realism of RO.

"WTF IMMA SEE NO CROSSHAIR WTF!!!!"

I mean, god, you've seen how people complain about TINY bits of false realism in DoD Source, god only knows what they'd say about RO.

potatojenkins said:
I love RO. I love it a lot.

I just don't think it's going to meet much success on Steam.
Which is why there's going to be a boxed version. :)

Back