Religion (In General)

What is Religion to you?

• Set of moral values that one should live by.

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Answer and Explanation to how everything exists and functions.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Null Vote.

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
The word Religion means "to reunite with God" (re-legion so to speak).

Though, nowadays it's more a certain set of beliefs.

Yeah, Religion has become more of a 'hobby'. Not enough people take is seriously anymore.

I would say both, though I would loose the "how" Christianity for me isn't about how thing work, but more about why things are and how to re-ligion :D.
It's not really about a strict set of values either: 27He answered: “ "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

28“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

Da Funkey Gibbon said:
He answered: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
The golden rule, most important commandment.

i wonder what people do in the spirit world..?

no internet, no satellite TV, no fun :(

KoreBolteR said:
i wonder what people do in the spirit world..?

no internet, no satellite TV, no fun :(

They don't do anything because they are nothing. They cease to exist.

Religion is pretty stupid. Again I don't know why people need to dictate what is right or wrong by words written by people who pretend that was what God wants me to do.

Now this is not a basic critique of just the monolithic religions, but there are eastern religions out there that are pretty much as stupid. In fact the ideas of reincarnation are manipulated to support the cruel caste sytems in many parts of south east asia. Many of those societies state that it's wrong to kill a certain animal and OKAY to kill others.

But as far as I'm concerned, do away with religion. Get rid of all of it. Don't tell me what happens after I die. Don't tell me what's wrong with whatever I do when it doesn't hurt anybody. Don't tell me what God wants or says because I sure didn't get the message from the burning bush. Simple as that. BUT I doubt what I say will really change any minds.

One thing is for sure if everyone on this planet were to follow one set of guidelines. Communism. Islam. Christianity. Buddhism. - It would be an Utopian world. HAHAHA. Only in dreams guys. Only in dreams.

It's real funny how so many of these religions/politcal concepts are saying the same thing. But that's what we're all fighting over. I mean Jesus sounds like a Marxist. Same with Buddha. And I'm sure if I read the Quaran enough times I could pull out a few lines that basically says Muhammed's a pinko. You know all about the good of humanity. Giving the riches to the poor. Blah blah blah. What a bunch of fags. It's all about the COMBINE. You know all about Authoritarian control. Forget that freedom shit. Let's break a couple of knee caps. It's BATON time. I wish i got one those shock rods in Half Life 2. Tell people what to do and meet my beating quotas. Who's with me?

satch919 said:
They don't do anything because they are nothing. They cease to exist.

I'm interested in where you gained this absolute firsthand knowledge of what happens after death.

CrazyHarij said:
I'm interested in where you gained this absolute firsthand knowledge of what happens after death.

God told me. Well, I am God. I created the Heavens and the Earth in seven days. Why 7? Im a procrastinator.

I do exist but you don't live beyond your death. That was fabricated to ease the minds of those that feared death. Wait......you thought.........BAHWHAHAHAHA :LOL: Oh, what will you humans come up with next?

You humans are recyclable. You live, die, and then become nutrients for the Earth or fertilizer. Whatever sounds better.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Margarita party to attend to.

/God Personality

CrazyHarij said:

Oh, I once tried to commit suicide to find out if there was an afterlife. I was declared dead for 5 mins. I didn't see anything while I was "out". No bright white light, no angel, or my past flashing before my eyes. Although, I did see some red guy with hooves and horns coming towards me. Before he got to me, I woke up.

Back