Resident Evil 4 Reviews

madacian said:
Haha! No kidding. Shooting one in the knees, kicking it in the head, and watching the head explode, never gets old.

I had no idea you could kick them in the head.

*runs away to play RE4*

jimbo118 said:
damn this game sounds good,graphically is it as good as hl2,far cry etc?

Almost, it runs at a lower resolution of course but the graphics are really amazing. Especially later in the game.

By the way, I got the chance to play an advanced preview of RE4 when we went to ECTS last year. It's definitely a great game from what I played of it there :)

Looking forward to getting this one :E

Samon said:
Dont worry, its comign to PS2 as well, it was announced, they broke the deal with nintendo. Might be coming to xbox as well

yes!! ps2, cant wiat. i haven't played resident evil since the first one, so i cannot wait till i start playing this one

jimbo118 said:
damn this game sounds good,graphically is it as good as hl2,far cry etc?

On par with both.....well....better than FarCry....sweet jesus I hate that game. RE4 is damn good. :thumbs:

Does it have ragdoll on the npcs? Is it out for xbox cuz the only system I got :(

Finally video games are fun again

Well, I just read this whole thread because I'm so in to this game that I wanted to see what people are saying. I'm a big game critic and I only play the top-of-the-line sh*t (hl2...thats about it right now, hehe). All I can say is that I'm 23 and I haven't played a game for 15 hours straight (no exageration looked at my save time) since I was 15-yes, after 15 hours I turned into a Ganando (for those who haven't played RE4 a Ganando is the crazed farmer people who roast your spanish guide on an open fire...the new non-zombies). Prepare to stay up all night like the good old days! yeeeeah baby :imu:

ricochet said:
Well, I just read this whole thread because I'm so in to this game that I wanted to see what people are saying. I'm a big game critic and I only play the top-of-the-line sh*t (hl2...thats about it right now, hehe). All I can say is that I'm 23 and I haven't played a game for 15 hours straight (no exageration looked at my save time) since I was 15-yes, after 15 hours I turned into a Ganando (for those who haven't played RE4 a Ganando is the crazed farmer people who roast your spanish guide on an open fire...the new non-zombies). Prepare to stay up all night like the good old days! yeeeeah baby :imu:

Hehe.

Yeah, I only got about 4 hours of sleep the night RE4 came out.

here's my finish stats for those who care:

1200 kills
63 deaths
finish time: 22 hours 30 min

no im 2 hours into the game on professional

others post what you got-pz

Well i have it and god i love this game. Was hoping that it would be scary but so far nothing has realy made me jump but the story is realy good

I'm still bloody waiting for it in the post :/

If it doesn't come tomorrow someone is going to pay!

Deadly200 said:
Well i have it and god i love this game. Was hoping that it would be scary but so far nothing has realy made me jump but the story is realy good

Yeah, its not actually scary. It can just be a little freaky at times. Excellent game though. Its the best out of the series but RE:1 and RE:Remake will always have that special place in my gaming heart. Awwwwww :p

I tried it at my friends house, I like it how they acctually speak Spanish, and yes I'm sure they do, a friend translated it for me even, and seriously, imo this's more scary than the previous REs, how can you not be freaked out by having like 7 crazy farmers chasing you yelling incomprihensible stuff?

Yes! It's arrived.

*Does a happy dance*

See you guys in a few days :)

An indecent amount of fun :)

I expected a great game, but wow \o/

I just finished the game. The beginning was fantastic. The village was the most intense gaming experience ever.

But once you reach the mid to ending areas, the amount of ammo you'll have is uncanny. I was never scared I would enter a fight empty handed. The only resource management I had to do was arranging my attache.

They should have made the difficulty available at the start. The gameplay would be very different since there would be a lack of ammo.

*spoiler type thing*
The regenerating-limb monsters=badass.

Wow, I haven't really read any negative things about this game yet. The gaming community is actually agreeing on something?!?!?! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO????!!! :p

satch919 said:
Yeah, its not actually scary. It can just be a little freaky at times. Excellent game though. Its the best out of the series but RE:1 and RE:Remake will always have that special place in my gaming heart. Awwwwww :p
Havent seen the dogs yet eh?
I thought Silent Hill desensitized me, but
The bush maze with the dogs had me pissing my pants. I havent been that scared by a game in ages.
Anyways I bought a gamecube 3 days ago just for this game and I'm glad I did. Worth every penny. I've played the crap out of this game and its a decent length too.

If they made a Silent Hill game like this I'd be all over it in a heart beat! So far this is my favorite game in the RE series.

satch919 said:
Wow, I haven't really read any negative things about this game yet. The gaming community is actually agreeing on something?!?!?! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO????!!! :p
yeah thats true

when I saw the scores this game got I was waiting for the thousands of negative comentary that will come
but I didnt hav see too many negatives comentary,its a miracle!!

My copy arrived yesterday and I played for about 4 hours, I can't believe this game actually lives up to the hype, so much damn fun.

Aiming and shooting feels really good, in fact everything rocks about this game.

I haven't really gotten to play too much but I gotta say one thing.

I hate when you gotta gaurd people! In all other games they do this it's so annoying. I just want to let them die so I can go back to playing normally.

I'm a good way through the game now and still loving it to pieces. The bosses are suprisingly good and the attention to detail is worthy of praise.

Best game i've played in a very long time.

Pressure said:
I haven't really gotten to play too much but I gotta say one thing.

I hate when you gotta gaurd people! In all other games they do this it's so annoying. I just want to let them die so I can go back to playing normally.

I didn't find guarding Ashley to be at all difficult, annoying or painfull. She didn't die once during those sections actually. The enemies always come after you first, they never really target her at all.

DarkStar said:
I didn't find guarding Ashley to be at all difficult, annoying or painfull. She didn't die once during those sections actually. The enemies always come after you first, they never really target her at all.

It's not that it's hard I just don't like doing stuff like that. I've only had her die once so far and it's because I accidently shot her. It was when you're in the castle and shes cranking the things up on the ledges you can't reach. I was defending her and some guys came up to me and I killed them real fast and then I went to shoot the guy carrying her away with my rifle and it blew his head off and hit her too so she died.

I got a real quick question though. You know those weird things that come out of people's heads after they die. If I don't blow their heads off will it not come out? I haven't really had time to check this out for myself so I figured I'd ask.

I've found that they still come out sometimes even when you don't shoot them in the head, but not very often. Shooting them in the head seems to make them come out a lot more often.

I'm about 3 and a half hours into the game and all I can say is this is by far the most fun i've had playing a game in a very long time. First of all the graphics are absolutely stunning, I mean they are up there with HL2 in almost every aspect. Definitely the best looking console game I've ever seen. The fighting in the game is actually fun and no longer awkward like past RE games. I can't say enough about the level of detail and atmosphere in each of the unique environments in the game, the lake was amazing :) The merchant reminds me a lot of the librarian guy in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, I love this game!

Heh. I just realized I'm at Chapter 4-1, my total playing time is recorded at about 9 hours, and I haven't even reached the second disc yet! I played about 2 hours longer than I wanted to last night because I'm so addicted to this game. Everything is done so well, I honestly can't complain about much at all. I could be nitpicky I suppose, but in the grand scheme of things the game is as good as it gets.

Sparta said:
So anyone should enjoy this game?

Yes, that's the effect of the great changes they made with the series...I can't see anyone NOT liking it.

And if you were to toss up between a new graphics card or RE 4, what would you choose?

To be fair, this shares little with the old Resident Evil games.

There's less exploring, less puzzles, and it's not as tense and spooky - no longer do you feel trapped and vulnerable. Instead there's carnage, exploding heads, a shot to the knee followed by a suplex which, you guessed it, results in another exploding head \o/ :sniper: :)

But despite all the differences it still feels like a Resident Evil game - well, Resident Evil on steroids, where the doors aren't locked, and you've been given an arsenal that could take on an army and more ammo than you could ever use.

This is one of the best action games i've ever played :) The Resident Evil purists out there might not be too happy ....... everyone else is.

Back