Secret Santa Discussion 2012

I was hoping not to sound like a twat. im happy with literally anything my santa gets me, but if I have the last day to pick up anything that's still at some discount as opposed to full price a day later, I think that's more than fair.

Solutions to everyone's problems ever:

Either ask for things not on your list, and take care of your own wishlist, OR do not put anything on your wishlist that you intend to buy yourself.

WOW EVERYTHING SOLVED

do not put anything on your wishlist that you intend to buy yourself.

WOW EVERYTHING SOLVED
See, I almost thought this method was obvious from the get-go. It takes quite a bit of daft-ness to post a list IN THE SIGN UP THREAD for other people to buy from, and then buy them yourself first. I mean, that sounds really, really daft.

Am I the only one who thinks the SS should end on the 4th? So if there is still something we want on the list that we didn't get we have a chance to pick it up ourselves?
I was just coming in to this thread to post this.
I forget if we did that in the past, though the last day is usually a bunch of popular sales items coming back so I endorse this one day earlier thing as well.
I also had this thought. I'd support that adjustment, but it may be too late to change it now though.

And my roommate bought me one of the games on my wishlist. To my santa: I'm so sorry, if you bought any of that then I can gift you something to compensate.

And my roommate bought me one of the games on my wishlist. To my santa: I'm so sorry, if you bought any of that then I can gift you something to compensate.

Whattttt a twat.:bounce:

Either ask for things not on your list, and take care of your own wishlist, OR do not put anything on your wishlist that you intend to buy yourself.

WOW EVERYTHING SOLVED
Yes, which I why I said this in the sign-up thread in the first place but apparently no one ****ing read it.

Yes, which I why I said this in the sign-up thread in the first place but apparently no one ****ing read it.
Well I mean, you could have drawn more attention to it. I had to read carefully through your entire post just to find it, and I was looking for it.

Dek bought me something which was on my list (this was on the very first day of the sales, so it left my list very early. Sorry to my SS too if you bought that game!
Whattttt a twat.:bounce:

Dek ^ (Love you really :D)

Four gifts bought and sent. May add more later on in the sale.

Seeing as people want to get the last day of the sale for themselves as long as I am gifts from everyone by January 4th I'll try sending them out that night or the morning of the 5th.

Just finished my SS shopping. I bought a few games that haven't been on daily deals, but there were only a few left I had to buy and they were on sale (just not daily deal-sale), so I just bought em all on one bill. Hope my santee is happy with this!

I've bought a few games, but as far as I remember none of them were on my wishlist. Worth mentioning I guess. Hope I haven't pissed off my Santer by accident! :V

Why the **** are you buying presents for a Nazi? What did a Nazi ever do to deserve presents?
My santee's personal life isn't my concern, I'm just doing my part buying the Nazi bastard I got assigned in this whole thing some presents. Everyone deserves presents at Christmas, even Nazis.

My santee's personal life isn't my concern, I'm just doing my part buying the Nazi bastard I got assigned in this whole thing some presents. Everyone deserves presents at Christmas, even Nazis.

I heard somewhere that Santa gave Hitler a WiiU for Christmas.

Mine are all bought and sent. Hope they enjoy them! :)

I'm all done too. Hope my giftee is gonna like them. I MIGHT pick up one more gift if it goes on sale...haven't seen it hit yet though.

Done.

Also if you're reading this Santa: I will no longer buy things on my Wishlist, nor do I care if my gift is on my wishlist at all, and rank is totally irrelevant. :)

If my Santa is reading this, as long as you didn't get me half life 2, I'm happy

Killstreaks are in the game, but the Combine are the only ones who get the chopper. It's really unbalanced.

One of the games I bought for my assigned member they now own. D:

Do I buy another game in it's place and keep the game I bought (I wouldn't play it though, not my kinda thing) or do I let them have an extra copy of their game?

Well, I've kept $10 in my steam wallet to buy apology gifts if my SS bought something that I got during the sale.

One of the games I bought for my assigned member they now own. D:

Do I buy another game in it's place and keep the game I bought (I wouldn't play it though, not my kinda thing) or do I let them have an extra copy of their game?
Was it on their wishlist? If so, give them the second copy, **** 'em.

I bought my santee Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Minesweeper, and Solitare for windows.

Tell me I'm not the best.

EDIT-

my bad, Solitare for Mac

Was it on their wishlist? If so, give them the second copy, **** 'em.

It was. The email with all the games has already been sent, I'll still have spent over $10 even without this game so they've still got other games to play. It's a multiplayer game too so I guess they can regift it to a friend or whatever.

It might not be their fault, maybe someone else gifted it them, not much we can do to stop that.

Yea assholes who buy games on their wishlist don't get any sympathy. They shouldn't have put it on their wishlist, too bad for them. Not your fault.

DEATHMASTER Omnomnick morgs Krynn72 Stigmata Shamrock BabyHeadCrab ShinRa Bat^Hat Dog-- kineaesth Ren.182 Wanted Bob Higlac

Ok I have gifts from all but two of you now (not counting my "secret" santa, who's holding on to his gifts for now). The plan is to have all the gifts in before or on Friday the 4th and I'll try to send everything out that night.

There are currently 45 gifts in the pool and the most popular gift is FTL. There are also two peopled tied for most generous (by quantity, I haven't been totalling up prices).

We gonna have a Secret Santa award for most generous? :rofl: (it's actually not that funny, but there are no normally laughing smilies, dammit.)

Yea assholes who buy games on their wishlist don't get any sympathy. They shouldn't have put it on their wishlist, too bad for them. Not your fault.
It might not be their fault, maybe someone else gifted it them, not much we can do to stop that.
I mean this is what happened to me. Holiday season, go figure.

It happened to me at the very start of the sale, so I doubt it affect anyone who was buying for me anyway.

Back