See what happens if a nuke/asteriod hits your city/town

If a 1.4 megaton bomb went off in the heart of Dallas, I would be outside the radius still, but not by much!

50 megaton Tsar Bomba encompasses my area, but not by a whole lot.

With an asteroid impact, I would be in the eye of the storm and thus safe! WOOHOO!

It makes the map change colors.

/dissapointment

I guess I'm too close to my home city for most of these. Plus the fallout would hit my house pretty quickly. but who the hell would nuke buffalo?? no one would notice

I guess I'm too close to my home city for most of these. Plus the fallout would hit my house pretty quickly. but who the hell would nuke buffalo?? no one would notice

Could improve it.

Could improve it.

...because the radiation would give us an excuse to have bad looks?? people would feel more comfortable and then self esteem would skyrocket....i see

Lol.

No wait, not lol. This is terrible. D: The nagasaki bomb would be able to take out like 10% of my city.

Of course, thanks to the highly mountaneous terrain of adjacent areas, the explosion might not be as big.

Lol.

No wait, not lol. This is terrible. D: The nagasaki bomb would be able to take out like 10% of my city.

Of course, thanks to the highly mountaneous terrain of adjacent areas, the explosion might not be as big.

:( i wish i had mountains to shield me from nukes!

The Fat Man and the Little Boy would take out about 10-20% of my city... would look awesome.

If the 50 megaton Tsar bomb hit Los Angeles dead-center, I would be out of the blast radius by about a mile. I'd probably die of radiation poisoning pretty quickly, though.

Yup i'm in the direct blast range. But i would have buggered off to the desert before that happened.

/crosses fingers

It's a good thing I live so far away from school. Only the huge bomb and the asteroid would hit me.

The 50mt would blast from coast to coast where I live. D:

Well if the Tsar Bomb hit the center of Preston, I would be atomised, but if a suitcase went off (assuming it was the same size as the LittleBoy), I would have a chance to prepare before the Fallout. But given the fallout followed a easterly wind with the jetstream, I would go South

I would be alright if the Tsar was set off over Liverpool or Manchenster

BTW, whats the colour coding

If Little Boy hit the center of Polva, i'd be in the fallout zone. If a asteroid, bye-bye northern europe.

In the event of war I would be on the island of Arran. Safe even if a Tsar Bomb hit Glasgow.

Hehe, a 140kt bomb could hit the center of my city and I'd be out of range where I live. Yay, suburbs. I'd go downtown to take some good pics for you, hl2.net.

If Little Boy hit the center of Polva, i'd be in the fallout zone. If a asteroid, bye-bye northern europe.

Northern Europe?

An asteroid hitting anywhere in Europe would cover Europe with a bit of Africa and Asia.

If an asteroid hit Cardiff, the UK would be vapourised instantly.
Sounds good.

*likes this website*

The problem with this thing is that it can't account for terrain, either man-made or natural. Of course, its cool and all, but it prolly works only in Nevada.

I wouldn't be able to tell if a bomb landed in the West Midlands. Yeah, I used that line before in a thread recently, but I'm deadly serious.

Pretty cool site, though.

This only tells us thermal damage, naturally as a physicist (or recent fallout 3 player) I am interested in the radiation levels too!

This only tells us thermal damage, naturally as a physicist (or recent fallout 3 player) I am interested in the radiation levels too!

To quote Watchmen: (read trans version so might not be accurate) "It's just like old-age naval battles; everything depends on the winds."

Besides, it prolly matters with the bomb as well, ie salted hydrogen bombs.

In the event of nuclear war, they wouldn't just nuke one spot. They'd nuke LA or so multiple times in different locations.

Well this proved to be rather anticlimactic.

In the event of nuclear war, they wouldn't just nuke one spot. They'd nuke LA or so multiple times in different locations.

Probably, but you might get lucky and have the rest get intercepted in midair by Missile Defence.

There used to be a site which would map the pressure damage and the fallout too. It's long gone though.

Back