Siamese Twins share brain, can read each other's thoughts

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
My brother told me about this and I needed to look it up. Siamese twins joined at head and share parts of each other's brain. They have separate personalities but apparently their brains share information. They can see what the other one is looking at and they can hear each other's thoughts.

500x101025twinswide.jpg

They share thoughts, too. Nobody will be saying anything, and Tati will just pipe up and say, ‘Stop that!' And she'll smack her sister.

If this is true then holy crap that's insane. The kids are only four now, but I wonder when they're older will they be able to put into words what this is like (perhaps not, but it's still pretty damn insane). What I'm kind of wondering now is can they sleep separately too each other and how do dreams work between them?

Link:
http://gizmodo.com/5682758/the-fascinating-story-of-the-twins-who-share-brains-thoughts-and-senses

/has to wait until they're older to make jokes about what it would be like to have sex with them because I'm Vegeta and people will think I don't need to wait

That really is crazy as ****.

500x101025twinswide.jpg

Why are they heading in opposite directions on the left photo, and walking along together on the right photo. Aren't they connected by skull, what the

EDIT: Actually, I guess it checks out. That's optically confusing to show them upside down.

EDIT: Aw they're pretty cute.

I bet they could eventually become the smartest person(s) in the world. Two brains using instantaneous telepathy? Nice.

And yeah, they're surprisingly normal looking, once you get past the whole fused-skull aspect.

That's amazing and sucks for them at the same time.

I wonder how would they be solving, say, a math problem together. Can one of them be better at maths than the other, anyway? If that was the case and one was struggling with an equation, while the other knew what to do, could she instantaneously tell the other how to figure it out?

That's amazing and sucks for them at the same time.

I wonder how would they be solving, say, a math problem together. Can one of them be better at maths than the other, anyway? If that was the case and one was struggling with an equation, while the other knew what to do, could she instantaneously tell the other how to figure it out?

lol cheating. Brilliant!

They should be tutored by Steven Hawking and other great minds. They probably have the potential to being the worlds smartest people

So they don't really share a brain, it's more like their brains are connected in such a way that they can share thoughts.

If they only had one brain, then it would really just be like one person with two bodies. But from the article it seems like it really is two independently thinking people that are connected in a special way.

So they don't really share a brain, it's more like their brains are connected in such a way that they can share thoughts.

If they only had one brain, then it would really just be like one person with two bodies. But from the article it seems like it really is two independently thinking people that are connected in a special way.
There's a link at the bottom to a longer article:
http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/11/02/a-piece-of-their-mind/print/

...sharing a skull and also a bridge between each girl’s thalamus, a part of the brain that processes and relays sensory information to other parts of the brain.
So they have separately formed brains they have a direct link between them. The thread title wasn't intended to mislead. It's just I thought taking a little liberty with the description of the condition would make the title more eye-catching.

If this can be confirmed, and is actually true, this is scientifically pretty significant, on the nature of conscious thought.

This is cool. It's like a dual core processor for brains. (Of course, the human brain has shitloads of cores working together that makes it seem so fast in comparison to modern computers, but you get my point)

Also, this is disturbing. You'd have no real privacy. And to top that, they prolly can't be seperated because of the fused brains - surgery might damage it.

This isn't any different than Cortana in Master Chiefs head

+1

Halo: Predicting the future from the future in the past brought forth to the future, since 2001.

Also, this is beyond cool. It's really interesting that they have so much awareness of each other in there. I wonder what this means for ego...

Breakthrough in hive mind forthcoming!

So after watching The Walking Dead tonight... I am now thinking... how awesome would a conjoined twin zombie be. Most awkward shamble ever.

Cool stuff though! Hopefully they live a full life and can share how this is with the rest of us.

20101107223801clipboard.png

There's no problem they can't solve if they put their heads together!

Do they share thoughts at will, or do they have total access to eachother's minds?

Back