So this is what it feels like..

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
Well, I have been seeing this girl, the perfect girl in my eyes, and a few days ago she told me she doesn't feel anything anymore, and I had already told her I loved her (which I did/do) by that point, and this was the first girl I've ever loved, no lie. So not 10 minutes ago we broke up, well she broke up with me after my days of pleading.. I never understood all the movies and stories and things about love, I always thought of it as something you could just shrug off, like when a pet dies..

This hurts like hell, I never thought a person could feel this bad... This sucks, guys. I want to apologize to anyone over the years here who I made fun of over this, as well.. I just never knew. I'm sorry.

Days of pleading?

That wouldn't have helped at all.

Days of pleading?

That wouldn't have helped at all.

Yea I know.. I was trying to change her mind, but I can't blame her, you can't control your feelings... I just wanted to try atleast, fight for her.

It should've involved a high distance from the ground, a tight rope to balance on, and several fluorescent-coloured chairs.

Otherwise you'd have had no chance.

That must be a strange feeling to have lost the girl you love. To know her heart is drifting far away from you across mountains and vast oceans of emptiness. To know you will never again feel the soft touch of her skin or the caressing tone of her voice in your ear.

That is so cock suckingly unfair.
Oh the pain of it all.

I think it's partially safe to say: you have our support.

Sorry; it sucks, man.

I had that happen to me when I was 20. she was the one who led me on too. she made me spit out that i loved her and she teased me the entire time. after that we became long distance friends because she moved back to cali. but the time we had together was magical. we keep in touch even to this day. right now shes complaining that when her boyfriend comes home from work all he does is smoke weed and does his own thing. i dont want to tell her to leave him, but you know shes hurting for something better. god i wish i was there with her.

also do some heavy workout shit with some loud music and watch your body get bigger. then when some hot chick walks by you'll notice her checkin you out. i did that after my breakup and it helped me immensely. turn the negative energy into something better

I just want to get out of this town right now.. But I can't think of a reason to besides joining the army.. Everything reminds me of the good times, which remind me of the shitty time.

DON'T JOIN THE ARMY.

It is a terrible thing, but you will eventually get over it.

I just want to get out of this town right now.. But I can't think of a reason to besides joining the army.. Everything reminds me of the good times, which remind me of the shitty time.

Harden the **** up and buy a bottle of bourbon.

charlie-sheen.jpg

Music is always good, too.

Music is good for everthing. Even AIDS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z-jnbRVQKk

Listen, Dog, buddy, you're going through a rough time right now. You're feeling like shit, probably feels like your heart's been ripped out or maybe you're just feeling like there's a big empty hole where it once was, you're all twisted and knotted up inside and you don't know what to do so you just want to drop everything and get the fuck out of town or at least crawl into a hole somewhere to die. But it's important to remember, in this critical time, one very important thing:

You're being a little bitch.

Now before you get all indignant about it, just stop and think for a moment. You know how many times this story's been repeated throughout history? "She was the first girl I ever loved, she was so perfect, then all of a sudden she doesn't feel the same way about me anymore and I begged her to reconsider, and now I just can't believe how much it hurts." I mean first off you'd think people would end up getting the picture with how much this happens, but people are stupid and like to hope for the fairytale romance shit and all you can do is try and mitigate the damage once the inevitable end comes. So that's what I'm gonna help you do, and the first step is telling you that you're being a little bitch.

Now your first mistake of course was pleading with her. You never, ever do that. But it's already done, so just keep that in mind in case you go about making this mistake in the future. Don't plead. It's a bitch move and by the time the girl isn't "feeling the same way" nothing you can say or do changes her mind. In fact it just makes you look like a loser.

So now you're broken up from the first girl you loved, this perfect girl, and you don't know how to shake off the heartbreak. First of all, two things:

First loves don't mean shit. Drop that right now. Don't even dwell on it. She's the first, not the last. "She's the first girl I ever loved, no lie" doesn't mean SHIT.

Secondly, she wasn't perfect. She probably wasn't even perfect for you. You might have THOUGHT she was perfect for you, you might want to go curl up in a corner and just die and think you'll never love again, or at least that you'll never love someone like her, someone so perfect, so RIGHT for you. But that's being a little bitch, so stop it. She wasn't perfect. Nobody's perfect, and nobody's perfect for anyone else. People have a habit of growing more attached to their significant others and they begin to think the whole world of them, put them up on a pedestal because they're just sooooo in love. Pretty soon you start thinking this person was the best person out there for you. It's bullshit, don't lie to yourself. There's like six--is it seven now? Have we passed the seven mark?--billion people out there, assuming that ONE person is the absolute perfect person for you is a load of crap. You were just really in love, got attached, saw her through rose-colored glasses. Now that she's gone it's all WOE IS ME SHE WAS SO PERFECT.

Stop being a little bitch.

And I know you were probably just saying you want to get out of town because that's how you feel right now, you can't cope and you feel like getting up and leaving might help you, but seriously any consideration given to skipping town over the likes of a woman is a bitch move. Don't do it. Never leave town because of a woman, unless y'know the woman has ties to the mob or some shit and there's a chance you'll get your nuts in a literal vise. But in any other case you're just being a bitch.

Now, you said something in your first post here:

I always thought of it as something you could just shrug off

YOU CAN.

Listen, you can. You think you can't, but it's totally possible. And you know when it's MOST possible? Right now. Right after you break up with someone, when you're feeling the bitch-hurt.

See, right now you're probably feeling the heartbreak. You got that grief. Probably feel like you've got a big, empty hole in your chest. You know what you do? You embrace that shit. But I'm not talking like, give in and start weeping about it. I mean you gotta picture your heart just gone, or like there's a big empty spot in it, like a black hole, just try to envision that, and then COMPLETELY NOT GIVE A FUCK. In fact, you no longer CAN give a fuck, 'cause you don't even have a space in your heart to hurt. There's nothing there anymore so how can you possibly be feeling heartache?

You can shrug that shit off so easily it's not even funny. People like to wallow around in their pity after breakups, and what the hell is that getting you? It just hurts. You just need to realize two things, just TWO THINGS, and you'll get over this:

1. I am being a little bitch.
2. Fuck heartache, I'm going to shrug that shit off like a champ.

AND THEN YOU GET OVER IT AND WIN AT LIFE.

^

Basically what I was saying. If Darkside was a chef, and my post was a meal? That mother****er just breezed in through the window, sprinkled some awesome spices on what I was trying to say, then wofted out, putting down as many terrible things as he can on the way out.

EDIT:

Just because it sort of helps.

Sort of.

It's only semi-relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXplYfYKI6g

Disregard the actual video, it probably sucks cocks.

You don't think it had anything to do with your penis, do you? Some girls are like that, they pretend to care about you and the first time they see your meat and two bits they start laughing there ass off while I struggle to pull my pants up and run out of the room crying. I hope that wasn't the case.

Listen, Dog, buddy, you're going through a rough time right now. You're feeling like shit, probably feels like your heart's been ripped out or maybe you're just feeling like there's a big empty hole where it once was, you're all twisted and knotted up inside and you don't know what to do so you just want to drop everything and get the fuck out of town or at least crawl into a hole somewhere to die. But it's important to remember, in this critical time, one very important thing:

You're being a little bitch.

Now before you get all indignant about it, just stop and think for a moment. You know how many times this story's been repeated throughout history? "She was the first girl I ever loved, she was so perfect, then all of a sudden she doesn't feel the same way about me anymore and I begged her to reconsider, and now I just can't believe how much it hurts." I mean first off you'd think people would end up getting the picture with how much this happens, but people are stupid and like to hope for the fairytale romance shit and all you can do is try and mitigate the damage once the inevitable end comes. So that's what I'm gonna help you do, and the first step is telling you that you're being a little bitch.

Now your first mistake of course was pleading with her. You never, ever do that. But it's already done, so just keep that in mind in case you go about making this mistake in the future. Don't plead. It's a bitch move and by the time the girl isn't "feeling the same way" nothing you can say or do changes her mind. In fact it just makes you look like a loser.

So now you're broken up from the first girl you loved, this perfect girl, and you don't know how to shake off the heartbreak. First of all, two things:

First loves don't mean shit. Drop that right now. Don't even dwell on it. She's the first, not the last. "She's the first girl I ever loved, no lie" doesn't mean SHIT.

Secondly, she wasn't perfect. She probably wasn't even perfect for you. You might have THOUGHT she was perfect for you, you might want to go curl up in a corner and just die and think you'll never love again, or at least that you'll never love someone like her, someone so perfect, so RIGHT for you. But that's being a little bitch, so stop it. She wasn't perfect. Nobody's perfect, and nobody's perfect for anyone else. People have a habit of growing more attached to their significant others and they begin to think the whole world of them, put them up on a pedestal because they're just sooooo in love. Pretty soon you start thinking this person was the best person out there for you. It's bullshit, don't lie to yourself. There's like six--is it seven now? Have we passed the seven mark?--billion people out there, assuming that ONE person is the absolute perfect person for you is a load of crap. You were just really in love, got attached, saw her through rose-colored glasses. Now that she's gone it's all WOE IS ME SHE WAS SO PERFECT.

Stop being a little bitch.

And I know you were probably just saying you want to get out of town because that's how you feel right now, you can't cope and you feel like getting up and leaving might help you, but seriously any consideration given to skipping town over the likes of a woman is a bitch move. Don't do it. Never leave town because of a woman, unless y'know the woman has ties to the mob or some shit and there's a chance you'll get your nuts in a literal vise. But in any other case you're just being a bitch.

Now, you said something in your first post here:

YOU CAN.

Listen, you can. You think you can't, but it's totally possible. And you know when it's MOST possible? Right now. Right after you break up with someone, when you're feeling the bitch-hurt.

See, right now you're probably feeling the heartbreak. You got that grief. Probably feel like you've got a big, empty hole in your chest. You know what you do? You embrace that shit. But I'm not talking like, give in and start weeping about it. I mean you gotta picture your heart just gone, or like there's a big empty spot in it, like a black hole, just try to envision that, and then COMPLETELY NOT GIVE A FUCK. In fact, you no longer CAN give a fuck, 'cause you don't even have a space in your heart to hurt. There's nothing there anymore so how can you possibly be feeling heartache?

You can shrug that shit off so easily it's not even funny. People like to wallow around in their pity after breakups, and what the hell is that getting you? It just hurts. You just need to realize two things, just TWO THINGS, and you'll get over this:

1. I am being a little bitch.
2. Fuck heartache, I'm going to shrug that shit off like a champ.

AND THEN YOU GET OVER IT AND WIN AT LIFE.

First of all I've been with some women before, I've never felt anything close to this, this isn't like a "first girlfriend I must love her" kind of thing, I actually thought about it for about 5 days straight before I decided I did.. I actually do love her.

Second of all.. Thanks. This actually helped a bit.. Still feel horrible, I'm not going to be able to just shrug it off because you said to, but it still helps to know your trying to help me out, like a friend.. And not sugar coating it saying all the cliche garbage (well you did say some cliche things, but you just said it in a mean way so <3) Thanks man.

Dog-- said:
So this is what it feels like...
When doves cry?

No but seriously, the feeling sucks but you'll realise sooner rather than later that not only was the rejection an insignificant episode in your life, but the whole fling probably was as well.

The thing that actually causes me pain when thinking about past break-ups isn't the fact that I've lost a relationship. It's recalling the utterly cringe-worthy protestations of how rubbish I felt and how I'd never love again etc. etc. It's important to remember that your life isn't Wuthering Heights, and you're not Catherine ****ing Earnshaw.

Well she even told me she has no romantic feelings for me, but she has friend feelings for me, and she emphasized BEST friend, not just friend.. She also wants me to move in with her in a couple months, as a friend... I don't know what to make of this.

My whole perspective on the situation changed today when I went to register for school, and I was hanging and talking with my friends for the first real time this summer (like all my friends at once), I was laughing, having a great time just chillin.. I feel... Good?

Even when I think about this, like it still sucks I still love her.. But I don't know. Is this normal?

Yeah, it takes time.

Like my mother hurt for about 10 years when my dad left. At first she couldn't eat and all that. Just be glad she didn't leave you with 4 kids to make a new life with her secretary.

"I thought I was going to die, but I eventually got over it. If something like that happens again, I know the pain will go away."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I

Darkside speaks the troof. Every time you feel bad, every time you want to leave town, every time you want to join the Army, read his post. Because he is right. He might have some of the details wrong of your specific situation, but how he describes to get over the girl is the basically the only way. Embrace the hurt and then shrug it of like the champ you are.

Take care.

Dog, even though you are a gigantic ****ing queer I could never ever ever ever EVER love, I ****ing love you. After all is said and done you're gonna come out like this:

1242506275849.jpg

It may be cliched, but watch Swingers. That got me through various early break ups. You'll never be able to point your finger at how you get over these things, but you will, and knowing this makes it easier. Man up, and watch Swingers.

It may be cliched, but watch Swingers. That got me through various early break ups. You'll never be able to point your finger at how you get over these things, but you will, and knowing this makes it easier. Man up, and watch Swingers.

Swingers is awesome... and it helped me as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0PUrNwvvBk

I would add my advice./condolences, but it seems that Darkside has said it best

I must have missed the part in the OP where it said "please post a bunch of shitty music in the form of youtube videos" ???

Anyway, that really sucks bro, but you should listen to Darkside.

Yea I know.. I was trying to change her mind, but I can't blame her, you can't control your feelings... I just wanted to try atleast, fight for her.

If a woman's made her mind up, there is never any point in attempting to change it that way, it just annoys the hell out of them and gives them more reason to think good riddance. Better to roll with the gut punch and get on with your life as best you can (though that's not to say don't express regret at their decision). If she thinks she made a mistake a week or month down the line, she'll initiate things again, but certainly don't try chasing her.

Don't beat yourself up about it though Dog--, we've all been there at one time or another and done stupid shit that if time travel were truly available we'd probably all want to fix.

If a woman's made her mind up, there is never any point in attempting to change it that way, it just annoys the hell out of them and gives them more reason to think good riddance. Better to roll with the gut punch and get on with your life as best you can (though that's not to say don't express regret at their decision). If she thinks she made a mistake a week or month down the line, she'll initiate things again, but certainly don't try chasing her.

Don't beat yourself up about it though Dog--, we've all been there at one time or another and done stupid shit that if time travel were truly available we'd probably all want to fix.

Well the reason I fought so hard for her is kinda hard to explain..

We went to school for 4 years together and never so much as talked. One day she added me on facebook (after she graduated), and we started a conversation on there, then MSN, then phone numbers were exchanged, then she went to live with her family in another town, I thought we would just remain as friends.. We kept texting, and (I didn't find this out till much later) she left her home town to live in this town with a friend - FOR ME. Purely for me, she told me this. She has nothing to do in this town, she just came here to be with me. Then her family wanted her back and offered her an amazing job - which she turned down to stay here with me.. Like how is it that she barely even knew me (by that point we honestly never even hung out once), left her home town, and an amazing job for a guy she barely knew, to go on one date with me (that was the plan we figured out over texting, that when she came back we would see a movie)...

Like this boggles my mind as to how sure she was, all that she gave up and how much she really ****ed her life (she has depression which she just started getting, and now she has to stay in this town for it to be treated, she can't leave, like her life got ****ed right up for coming here).. To see me? Now she feels nothing? I've pestered her about this, asking her countless times (over those days) I've asked her "Do you really feel NOTHING?" and every time she replies yes.. I don't know how that's possible after what she did for me you know? There has to be something, yet she insists it's all friendship.

Any thoughts/insults?

Any thoughts/insults?

Women's minds aren't changed by pestering. Au contraire as Kadayi pointed out. If she decides to break up with you she has most likely been thinking about this for a long, long time. Her mind was made up. The best way to get a woman back, if anything, is by ignoring her and being happy. It only works when it's sincere though, and if you can manage to reach that state of mind again, you probably won't need her anymore.

Right now you are still focused on her and her alone. The wound is fresh and it hurts like hell. This feeling, how unlikely it will sound at this moment, will get less intense over time. Compare it to a boulder in a stream. As it erodes it gets smaller and smaller until it is a little grain of sand. After a while it will still be there, it might irritate you a little once or twice, but for 99,9% time you won't notice it anymore.

My thoughts? Move on, you are young and you will meet someone again eventually, if she wants to end it then let her, you need to play it cool. If she comes crawling back don't just embrace her straight away, play it tough, make her understand just how wrong she was to leave you in the first place. But if she doesn't then you will get over it, and you will find someone else. It harsh buts life is harsh, the only thing you can do is just get on with it the best you can, and make the most of what you have.

If she calls, tell her the truth. That you have 10 hot girls waiting for you in the hot tub and you'll have to call her back.

Dog. I feel for you man. I don't want to threadjack so PM me if you'd like because I am in a situation like this. I felt both sides with the same girl. Over the past year the situations with me and this girl have reversed and we've been through several hurricanes in our relationship. I was the one who got his heartbroke and now it seems as though I may do the heartbreaking.

Like I said, I don't want to threadjack so if you want to talk more or something PM me.

I know how you feel though. Trust me.

Oh I feel like such a douche for saying this, but I've got to:

Tis better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

Any thoughts/insults?

Do you know where yesterday is?

It's in your head. Everything you've ever known and felt becomes a memory, the very second after you've experienced it.

We all carry this ever expanding sack of memories around with us, and all too often we allow what has gone before to dictate the future, which is kind of stupid if you think about it, because that past only exists in your head as your memories, and our memories are very selective especially as time marches on. How often have you shared a memory with someone and their recollection of what went down is different from yours? We don't see or experience the world clearly, we all experience it through our own frame.

Despite what she may have felt before, what she may have said before, she doesn't feel that way now and the now is all that is truly important. Sure in time she might change her opinion, but there is zero you can say to impact that in a positive way.

Dog. I feel for you man. I don't want to threadjack so PM me if you'd like because I am in a situation like this. I felt both sides with the same girl. Over the past year the situations with me and this girl have reversed and we've been through several hurricanes in our relationship. I was the one who got his heartbroke and now it seems as though I may do the heartbreaking.

Like I said, I don't want to threadjack so if you want to talk more or something PM me.

I know how you feel though. Trust me.

Thanks alot man, it means alot, really.

Oh I feel like such a douche for saying this, but I've got to:

Tis better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

I disagree, I haven't had a girlfriend for the past 2 years, and suddenly this girl comes along, I fall in love and she rips my heart out.. I was very happy before I knew her, just having nothing to do with women (and yes, I knew I was a loner, but I liked it, honestly), chillin with friends every now and then... This is literally the shittiest I've ever felt, but then again I've never loved before, so.. meh.

Everyone has given great advice.

You're 18! Later on, you'll be glad for the experience, painful as it may be.

Ask anyone and they'll tell you that finding a new girl of interest can help you get over someone literally overnight.

You should just go out on the weekend and talk to girls like you know them, and ask if you can call them. **** it dude, just laugh if it makes you feel comfortable, like you are joking. You'd be surprised how god damn easy this is when you are your age. I had a 50 gallon hefty bag of phone numbers by the time I was like 21.

EDIT:
If they give you their number, then that's obviously a good sign, so see if you can walk with them. Ask them were they are going, and say "OK, I'll walk with you." That way you can get to know them a little.

Well, I have been seeing this girl, the perfect girl in my eyes, and a few days ago she told me she doesn't feel anything anymore

She left you because you didnt care enough to bring her to the hospital. Loosing all feeling is a very serious medical condition.

Just remember that no one can control their feelings. It honestly really sucks but that's life. Feelings can go up and down several times in a matter of minutes but sometimes it's just not meant to be. I am one of those people who believe in fate. If it's meant to be then it'll happen either with this girl or some other girl. At this point in your life, now may not be the right time but maybe later on you guys will see each other again in different circumstances which will work best with your relationship so it'll flourish.

It honestly sucks man. It's a horrible feeling but just know that in time you WILL get over it. It may seem like you'll never live this through or you can't function without her but trust me those are all normal feelings. You'll learn from this. The best thing for you to do is concentrate on things that make you feel better. Video games, hanging out with your friends etc. Focusing on those things will honestly make you feel 10x better. Don't fret over it. You're obviously going to experience moments where you intensely miss her but that's normal and they will fade away. You also cannot blame her for how she feels because like I said before, people cannot control their feelings, they just happen and the hard part is dealing with them.

You'll get through this though don't worry.

Just remember that no one can control their feelings. It honestly really sucks but that's life. Feelings can go up and down several times in a matter of minutes but sometimes it's just not meant to be. I am one of those people who believe in fate. If it's meant to be then it'll happen either with this girl or some other girl. At this point in your life, now may not be the right time but maybe later on you guys will see each other again in different circumstances which will work best with your relationship so it'll flourish.

It honestly sucks man. It's a horrible feeling but just know that in time you WILL get over it. It may seem like you'll never live this through or you can't function without her but trust me those are all normal feelings. You'll learn from this. The best thing for you to do is concentrate on things that make you feel better. Video games, hanging out with your friends etc. Focusing on those things will honestly make you feel 10x better. Don't fret over it. You're obviously going to experience moments where you intensely miss her but that's normal and they will fade away. You also cannot blame her for how she feels because like I said before, people cannot control their feelings, they just happen and the hard part is dealing with them.

You'll get through this though don't worry.
Gives me the warm fuzzies when you're like this.

Back