Superpowers in dreams? :O

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
So I just woke up and I had another dream where I had superpowers.

The thing with the superpowers I have in my dreams is that they're always consistent. They pretty much never change.

They are the powers of flight, and the power to move through any object, including the earth, and lastly the power of telekinesis.

And it's always like this in my dreams. Either I'm impressing people with my ability to fly, or I'm a peeping tom or something flying beneath peoples houses or up to their walls and peeping my head through and doing stuff.

Never any powers of fire, ice, or anything else. Just those three. Granted, they are an awesome three, but I find it so weird that I never have any others.

Are you guys the same way? Or are the rest of you not nerds at all even in dream state?

Last night I dreamt that I walked into my old school with a friend and then the teacher we always hated chased us around the place.

It was awesome.

Lol, you've got Noclip (wall hax) from doing to much 3D development stuff on your PC.

Lol, you've got Noclip (wall hax) from doing to much 3D development stuff on your PC.

LOL yeah man, I even have vision like noclip... You know how you're under the game world, you don't see the ground above because the normals are facing the wrong way?

Yeah, that's what its like in my dreams. Except I can see shit in the earth like bugs and voles and stuff.

There is no more boring a topic of conversation than other peoples dreams.

So I just woke up and I had another dream where I had superpowers.

The thing with the superpowers I have in my dreams is that they're always consistent. They pretty much never change.

They are the powers of flight, and the power to move through any object, including the earth, and lastly the power of telekinesis.

And it's always like this in my dreams. Either I'm impressing people with my ability to fly, or I'm a peeping tom or something flying beneath peoples houses or up to their walls and peeping my head through and doing stuff.

Never any powers of fire, ice, or anything else. Just those three. Granted, they are an awesome three, but I find it so weird that I never have any others.

Are you guys the same way? Or are the rest of you not nerds at all even in dream state?

I once had a dream recently where I could jump around as if the world was a trampoline which was nifty.

But mostly I don't have super-powers in my dreams.

I dreamt that I could leap to great heights. It felt so real!

*High five!*

Super powers in dreams?
So far super strength, flying and invulnerability.

Falling or flying would wake me up instantly. The only other thing I can recall that consistently wakes me up is someone dying.

There is no more boring a topic of conversation than other peoples dreams.

The only thing more boring is you copying and pasting that response in every single thread.

This isn't about peoples dreams in detail, this is about superpowers present in dreams.

The only thing more boring is you copying and pasting that response in every single thread.
I agree but really, how many threads do we need to have "I had a dream".
The only interesting dream was by a black man in the 60's who was shot.

The politically-correct term should be 'somnambulant event'... so as not-to-offend the people who can't remember their dreams.

I fly, jump, levitate etc.
I also have the ability to spawn a gun in my hands whenever shit gets too scary.
(Xenomorph aliens in my house, m41 bitches)

Oh and the instant undress skill, where i look at a pretty girl, look away, and BAM! there naked.

Ha! : D

-dodo

I have dreams constantly about having telekinesis; I use it in the most awesome and inventive ways. I've never really fancied the ability to fly though.

I'll fly or I'll have the power to do an Impulse 101 in my dreams especially if someone's pissing me off.

As many as necessary until one of them gets no replies? Until the rest of us stop being variously entertained?

My usual dream power is the ability to fly. Exactly like how you would fly in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The first time I gained the ability to fly in my dreams, I was crossing the street, tripped on the asphalt, and literally missed the ground. I flew for hours and then crash-landed in a park three blocks from my home unscathed :D

As many as necessary until one of them gets no replies? Until the rest of us stop being variously entertained?

My usual dream power is the ability to fly. Exactly like how you would fly in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The first time I gained the ability to fly in my dreams, I was crossing the street, tripped on the asphalt, and literally missed the ground. I flew for hours and then crash-landed in a park three blocks from my home unscathed :D

This post = win

My most frequent superpower while dreaming is the ability to actually attract women.

In my dreams I have the power to stop Solaris from posting.
OH SHIT SHIT GUYS SHIT I'M ASLEEP

How many threads have we had on superpowers in dreams? NONE! Pfft. It's about the superpowers, not the dreams.

Night terrors, Exploding Head Syndrome, sleep apnea, lucid dreaming, dreams in dreams... each one of these I've seen posted about at some point here. Now I'm aware of them, I dream about them happening to me... so if I don't sleep well I can never pin down what the problem was because I'm not sure what the real symptoms are.

Would you mind explaining Exploding Head Syndrome to me. It sounds like it should be obvious, but I find myself curious nonetheless.

Would you mind explaining Exploding Head Syndrome to me. It sounds like it should be obvious, but I find myself curious nonetheless.

I suffer from exploding head syndrome. I made a thread on it a long while back.

It's not something that happens while you're sleeping, at least from my experience.

When I'm in bed, drifting off to sleep, but not asleep, I will sometimes experience tremendously loud noises in my head that sound like explosions or other sharp and loud startling noises. The noises do not exist in reality, they just exist in my head. And they cause me to jolt up automatically without my control. Sometimes I'll experience several of them a night, sometimes none at all for weeks.

I could breathe underwater in one of my recent dreams... wasn't that great, though, since I only got to do it in a swamp that eventually got all stale and nasty and made me almost barf... and it wasn't like I was aware that it was some supernatural power either... yeah.

I used to have a recurring dream when I was a kid living in my childhood home. I was always standing in my backyard, convincing myself that I could fly. After awhile I would jog down the hill that was our backyard, and eventually I would be running as fast as I could. When I couldnt run any faster I would start to lean forward and I wouldnt fall over. Then I was hovering off the ground about waist high, flying at the same speed that I was running at. It felt like I was on a slip and slide, but 3 feet off the ground. I could never get higher than that, but I could control it like in Mario 64 and it was awesome.

Probably my favorite dream ever. I was always so happy when I woke up the next morning.

I keep getting dreams where my teeth fall out, but last night was just ****ed up. My teeth didn't fall out but they moved to horrible places. On my top jaw my canines moved behing my incisors and the gums holding my front two incisors drooped down so they were like half a centimeter lower than they should be. I then grabbed my teeth and forced them back into the correct places. I blame exams. Probably my brain telling me to wear my retainers again too.

Apparently dreams about teeth etc. etc.

I've not had a tooth dream for ages now that I think about it. I used to get them fairly regularly. Mostly my dreams are really pleasant. I do remember the last tooth dream I had though. It was very similar to yours, though I've never actually had one where my teeth fall out. They're always just in the wrong place. In this last dream, my mouth was just... full of teeth. They were growing from literally every space in my mouth and throat. It was horrible. I was otherwise fine in the dream. I just had teeth everywhere...

Back