Teachers in British schools drop the Holocaust to avoid offending Muslims

I deny the existence of Allah and the prophet Mohammed, and I consider the Qur'an to be a poorly-written book of fairytales.

That'll get them out in the streets burning effigys of me.

At times like this, I wish there was a service allowing ordinary citizens to send hired thugs to beat people up for their stupidity, the before-mentioned being reviewed by a council before being approved.

how quaint, fighting fascism with more fascism

"conform or else! ..."

btw what's your address?

How the hell does it offend muslims?
How doesn't it...]
LOL
This definitely caught my attention, but it sounds like it was a little exaggerated. However, just the idea of doing something like this is unbelievably bad. It seems like that would be grounds for a school to lose it's accredidation. Changing the content to not offend students - no f-ing way.

So, just to clarify here, teachers are afraid to teach historical fact, for fear of offending people who believe in a giant invisible sky wizard?

Just to clarify, I don't have anything against Muslims per say, but a lot of them sure do get all in a huffy about nothing in particular.

Most people get huffy about nothing, mastag.

It's more a long term feeling of general resentment thats been festering over a while. I live in a predominantly Muslim area, and they are nothing but nice friendly people who often find stuff like this worrying because it just brings hate to their door.

The typical alarmist nonsense I have come to expect from the Daily Mail. However I couldn't give a damn if I insult a Muslim with hard boiled facts; that's just the way it is. I would never go out of my way to intentionally insult and thus I see no reason to tip toe around them so I avoid tickling their over-bearing attitude.

Alarmist, alarmist, alarmist. It probably would be it weren't like this in Scandinavian schools, too. Anyway, for me, this is mostly just an example because I have seen this before quite a few times. So go on about this only being one school all you want, because you're right; It's one of many.

I still don't see why they'd be offended by the HOLOCAUST.

You'd have to be a grade A twat to be offended by people teaching that :/

I still don't see why they'd be offended by the HOLOCAUST.

You'd have to be a grade A twat to be offended by people teaching that :/
Hey, some are offended by evolution. I don't think that can be topped and anything else is less crazy tbh :p

That's not the point I think. As said, it was "contrary to what was taught in the local mosque". That was about the crusades, but it tells us one thing: They're extremists. I derive this conclusion based on the reputation they've gotten among the teachers. They can be perfectly reasonable people in a social situation, but in the Mosque... Well, "You will take over the UK! You will over the US! You will take over Egypt! We trust in Allah!". It's not some people being stupid, it's way more than that.

But Muslims had absolutely **** all to do with the holocaust.

Why the hell would they care?

Muslims actually had their share to do with the Holocaust. The grand Mufti of Palestine was involved in it, but that's apparently another story.

Anyway, saying it's for publicity is untrue. A portion of them just hates Jews.

The reason they deny the holocaust is because the Jews are using it to justify a lot of shit, like Israel for example.

Well I'll deny slavery because blacks are using it to argue their civil rights case.

These aren't decisions per-se, but you get the idea:

- Lifted 800,000 children and 1,000,000 pensioners out of poverty since 1997

Or did they just redefine poverty? Statistics can tell you anything.
The poverty line is based on relative factors and it is geographically calculated - if you lived in Kensington's richest street and earned 30k a year, you'd be in poverty. Likewise, if the richer people in your local area became poorer, some people would be "lifted" out of poverty whilst actually being no better off at all.

- National minimum wage introduced (and raised to 5.35)

Whether that is a good thing is very debatable - noone doing any kind of skilled work is on minimum wage anyway, all the minimum wage does is discourage employers from hiring staff for monkey work thus increasing unemployment and making it particularly difficult for eg. students to get part-time work.
I've never worked for less than ?6 an hour and that was doing brainless filing etc.

- Devolution for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

How is that in any way a good thing?

- Record numbers of people in work.

There are also record numbers of people in the workforce - this is meaningless.

- Longest period of economic growth for 200 years.

It must be a very slow or misdirected growth, because we still have the lowest quality of life of any first-world Western nation.

- Winter fuel allowance for pensioners (dont get my nan started on this one, she'll talk your ear off) as well as free bus passes and eye tests.

I'm on the fence with this one - someone (me) has to pay for that fuel, those bus passes and eye tests. They're not free. You know what would really give this country a good kick up the arse? If people realised that they are paid for the value they add and not for the time they give - that you don't have to be at work to make money, and people might set themselves up for retirement a bit more sensibly.
Free bus passes for kids is, however, evidently a terrible idea. Bloody hellraising little shits. :)

- Dads have the right to two weeks paid paternity leave, and everybody guaranteed 4 weeks paid holiday

Again, on the fence. I don't particularly see it as an achievement - at the end of the day, the cost of these benefits will be reflected in commesurate salary decreases.

- 85,000 more nurses and 27,000 more doctors.
- Waiting times for most operations have halved since 1997

On their own merit, fair enough - but why is the NHS then in the most deplorable state it's ever been in?

- Independence for the Bank of England

Not an issue I'm familiar with.

- Personally, I think being part of the intervention in Kosovo was the right thing to do as well.

I'll give you that one, yeah.

I could go on, but i've made my point.

Now i'm not saying that they're particularly good, and I probably wouldnt vote for them, but like I said, its not as though they've never done anything beneficial for the nation.

I appreciate the effort, but I still disagree.

Surely it's far more offensive to the jewish population to stop teaching about the holocaust?

This country is going to shit anyway. Can't wait till I leave college and booyaw I'll be out of here so fast that the airport will be on fire.

Back