Team Fortress 2 Blog Update: Guard Dog

L4D2 is a black person murder simulator. As a member of the African American community I find it highly offensive and will be boycotting the game.

So was RE5, and the same excuse applies, it's a ****ing videogame. I myself am of many races, and so i hate racism against ANYONE, but even so i'm looking forward to L4D2. Here's the deal, see? In most games it's hordes and hordes of white people you're gunning down, maybe a black one every so often along the way, i'd say the ratio is about 4 to 1, so i'm tired of people bitching whenever someone tries to even out the score.

So was RE5, and the same excuse applies, it's a ****ing videogame. I myself am of many races, and so i hate racism against ANYONE, but even so i'm looking forward to L4D2. Here's the deal, see? In most games it's hordes and hordes of white people you're gunning down, maybe a black one every so often along the way, i'd say the ratio is about 4 to 1, so i'm tired of people bitching whenever someone tries to even out the score.
NO VALVE IS RACIST

i saw this on the forum and now it's on the real blog wow i sure hope they make this real because that would make for such a good game play addition i remember playing quake 1 with a dog mod

Of course you would object.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Now they're just adding in random crap. Eventually it's going to be an over-done 'team' game with TOO much complexity for such a seemingly simple game.

I dunno. Competitively I'd say it's pretty simple: Scout, Soldier and Demoman + Medic = victory, every other class = you fail.

Also I was just pointing out that of course someone infatuated with wolf girls would object to dogs getting gibbed.

HEY GUYS, LET'S ALL ASSUME THAT VALVE IS GOING TO IMPLEMENT A SILLY, COMMUNITY MADE, GAMEPLAY IDEA BECAUSE THEY ACKNOWLEDGED IT WHILE IT WAS BIG NEWS ON THEIR BLOG.

Also, ****ing lol at fishy crackers taking willie seriously.

I don't give a shit if the dog dies, I just think it would be a bad addition to the game.

Sorry Krynn, I just don't think you're good at TF2.

I dunno. Competitively I'd say it's pretty simple: Scout, Soldier and Demoman + Medic = victory, every other class = you fail.

Also I was just pointing out that of course someone infatuated with wolf girls would object to dogs getting gibbed.

I don't want the damn dogs in the game at all, I could care less about killing them. PETA can suck a cock.

Maybe he's a guro furry.

Or even... vore... *pictures heavy eating dog*

Sounds nice, silly and (somewhat) useful (if not a bit to useful vs spy),but the folks at PETA would storm valves offices like the armies of some old medieval fantasy movie.

Im sitting here thinking how cool would valve be if they somehow made this a reality. I know it's a long shot and it would amaze the hell outta me.

Im sitting here thinking how cool would valve be if they somehow made this a reality. I know it's a long shot and it would amaze the hell outta me.

I love this idea! Screw PETA no one listens to them anyway.
A few interesting ideas and questions:
- Allow the dog to run faster than the scout. It had FOUR legs! No human can outrun a dog!!!
- Does the hater propel the GD in a straight line, and will the dog have a Mele without the boost? Perhaps the rockets should be more like the spy's cloaking mixed with Bonk!: it could be used at any time but you can't shoot and can't pick stuff up but you could Mele which would do extra damage but end the speed boost.
- The GD is smaller and potentially faster than the scout. What kind of health would it have?
- Perhaps it would be best to have it so the GD can't pick up the intelligence unless it is using the carrier. This would mean that it can't defend itself.
- Speed should be a MAJOR aspect of the class... Faster than the Scout but no double jump... maybe can jump farther buy not very high at all. So it could leap gaps the scout cant but can't get up high like the scout can.
- What if the Engi could "upgrade" the dogs guns? This could come at significant loss in speed but would render the GD a walking turret. A turret with really low health.
- The ability to 'sniff out' players and spies is interesting but might need tweaking. Its purpose might need some focusing and how you 'get the scent' could be altered. Maybe that players that you have killed before leave colored trails of scent for you to follow.

i saw this on the forum and now it's on the real blog wow i sure hope they make this real because that would make for such a good game play addition i remember playing quake 1 with a dog mod

I've been greatly teased. This must become a reality now.

I saw this earlier today. To be honest I think it would be a pretty cool gameplay addition.

You all make me sad.

Wow. I can't believe how polarized this has become.

I like it because it's the most imaginative and inventive thing I've seen suggested in a long time- a much better idea than the ones that are simply a mash up of the existing classes.

As for it's actual implementation, it's simply a question of would it be fun to play, and fun to play against?

The biggest issue I can see would be shooting it; the head hitbox is much lower meaning you'd lose time adjusting your aim in a firefight against both human and canine foes, and it's lower front on cross section means it's harder to hit in general (especially when it's behind cover).

I had no problem killing dogs and snapping their necks in COD4 I say bring it on!

this is a horrible idea and I hope to god Valve will never add anything like it.

whoever made it get kuddos for execution(3D-models and what not) and effort that went into it, but it's still a horrible idea that doesn't fit TF2 at all.

Are his updates showing up all chopped up on those pages to anyone else?

It's like two columns with every other block of image in a different one. :/

Back