Team Fortress 2 for Mac Available Now with 'Training Mode'

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>

[br]Valve has finally released their 2007 class-based multiplayer shooter Team Fortress 2 on Mac. The game features Steam Play which allows gamers to make one purchase and play the game on both the PC and Mac. And both PC and Mac users can blow and fight each other, virtually of course.[br]Both versions are updated with a single player mode called Training where players can practice every class in a variety of scenarios. Also check out this new TF2 comic![br]To celebrate this release, TF2 is now available for $9.99 (50% off) or you can try it via the Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend happening now on Steam.[br]Those who play TF2 on the Mac will receive a free set of "earbuds" for their player character.

There is a trailer for the release on Shacknews, it appears to show the engineer holding a new shotgun. Engineer update can't be far off now.

Cool beans, the new main menu is pretty snazzy. Also the amount of whining from people over the ear buds is insane.

hmm... That's definitely a flare on the shotgun! weird...

my guess:

primary fire: 50/75% damage compared to shotgun
secondary fire: spy checking flare

So uh... anyone want to log in to my account from a Mac so I can have those earbuds?

So yeah to summarise 3 awesomes:

1) New engineer weapon spotted with flare attachment for igniting spies?
2) Comic on mac site - shows some potential new weapons if they aren't a joke (soldier spade which protects from fire damage?) - Saxon Hale meets a contending weapons dealer? WHOLE NEW SET OF ALT WEAPONS FROM ANOTHER DEALER?
3) Digi sent me this image from the newly added 'Training Mode'

20p4x1y.png

There will now most certainly be a war between the PCs and Macs because of the addition of a pair of earbuds.

Good.

How's the singleplayer mode? I'm surprised Valve made one for Team Fortress 2, even though it's training.

Cool stuff, but I think I'm going to be seriously annoyed by the earbuds.

Pyro is female, hell yeah. Told ya toast.

I don't know why people are so sure that's even a fact. Valve have screwed with people about the Pyro's gender before.

This clinches it, but before it was suspected because of the purse.

Plus, isn't the pyro being a girl pretty hot.

I wonder how the Pyro's earbuds would fit.

All PC users is gonna chase the Mac users. Its gonna be fun.
Comic and the trailer was awsome!

gonna load up tf2 on my macbook just to get those earbuds, but then just wear them when i'm on my PC with a mouse :O

Logged on to my bro's mac to get my earbuds, sweet!

How can anyone hope to compete with Saxton goddamn Hale NOW YOU'RE ON FIRE

The pyro thing doesn't just say 'Her' I found out about it last night then went to check myself and it came up with 'Her', like I expected then changed later to 'Him'.

How can anyone hope to compete with Saxton goddamn Hale NOW YOU'RE ON FIRE

You know it's egomaniacal Steve Jobs, only mighty Saxton Hale can resist his reality distortion field attack.

Just read the comic. Will there be a new night map where you have to avoid chunks of moon rock falling on your head?

The pyro thing doesn't just say 'Her' I found out about it last night then went to check myself and it came up with 'Her', like I expected then changed later to 'Him'.

Maybe its a shim?

You know it's egomaniacal Steve Jobs, only mighty Saxton Hale can resist his reality distortion field attack.

Yeah but no contest, Jobs couldn't stand even a single Saxton Hale MAN-PUNCH of such fearsome calibre that alligators across Australia flee in panic at the merest sight of any hairy chest. Even The Hills learned better than to mess with Saxton Hale.

I wonder how the Pyro's earbuds would fit.

earbuds.jpg

Is no one else stunned at the sheer volume of tears being shed over a pair of god damned earbuds? Not to mention all the amazing hyperbole, such as "Valve has stabbed the PC community in the back" and "After three years of loyal commitment to TF2 this is what we get".

Besides, the earbuds are barely visible and they're only staying for a limited amount of time.

Besides, the earbuds are barely visible and they're only staying for a limited amount of time.

I don't see anywhere saying that they'll go away, only that you have until June 14th to get them.

..and not to add insult to injury, but one cool aspect of the earbuds is that you can see tiny music note particles emanating from them, above the characters' heads.

tf2_spy_earbuds.jpg

Oh my god, I'm totally joing a TF2 Mac boycott group. Valve have gone too far.

I don't see anywhere saying that they'll go away, only that you have until June 14th to get them.

Oops, my mistake.

And that's funny the way they added those musical notes.

earbuds.jpg

Is no one else stunned at the sheer volume of tears being shed over a pair of god damned earbuds? Not to mention all the amazing hyperbole, such as "Valve has stabbed the PC community in the back" and "After three years of loyal commitment to TF2 this is what we get".

Nothing like taking unearned loyalty for granted and being shocked when it's given to another group as well. Can't say I don't find the headphones annoying though.

Whether I care about my own wardrobe or not, it doesn't change how out of place and silly it is to have ipod headphones on characters.

Silly as in not within the TF2 style at all.

Back