Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
for those of you that noticed the recent update to Team Fortress 2, you may have noticed it's quite a biggy. [br]Valve have gone and added a new capture point map: cp_freight, and the much needed jiggle bones for the new Sam and Max items.[br]Along with those excellent additions, Valve have made some rather extreme changes to a lot of the classes, including their nerf to the Pyro's direct flame damage (20% less!). There are so many fixes, but some of the more important ones:[br]
  • Pyro changes:
    • Flamethrower direct damage reduced 20%.
    • Airblast ammo usage reduced by 20%.
    • Burn duration reduced (10 -> 6 seconds).
  • Heavy Changes:
    • Minigun spin-up/down time reduced by 25%
    • Minigun firing movement speed increased to just under half-normal (from 80 to 110).
    • Throwing a sandvich to a teammate now earns a full bonus point (was half a point).
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Extinguishing a burning teammate now earns a full bonus point (was half a point).
    • Fixed a client crash that could result from players with arrows embedded in them.
    • Fixed a permanent overheal exploit involving dispensers.
[br]Of course, those are just the highlights. For those wanting to get killing, your game should automatically update. Those of us who enjoy poring over change-logs however, can click here to see the full update.

Nerf after nerf. Now i remember why i stopped playing that game.

I'm sure Valve have a lot of testing behind their nerfs for the pyro. It's my favourite class for causing destruction because it's one of the easiest to play.

Also the Heavies are getting a buff, TwwIX, so what the fudge are you on about?

Nice to see that Pyros got a bit of a nerf. I always felt like the burn time was way too long. And I really like the buff to the Heavy. Go valve.

The description only mentioned the Pyro's nerf and left out the buff. Reflected projectiles mini-crit now.

(Backburner was straight nerfed, making it even less useful. Flare gun is unnecessarily nerfed by decreased afterburn.)

Crit-a-Cola is a Scout secondary weapon, like Bonk Energy Drink. Where Bonk! gives 6 seconds of giving and taking no damage, Crit-a-Cola gives 6 seconds of giving and taking mini-crits.

That direct damage thing is bullshit. Please Valve, don't reduce the damage of the fire stream if there are still bugs related to registration of the victim.

As someone who plays Heavy a lot, this buff is as unnecessary as it is welcome.

Thank zombie jesus for the reduced burn time, I always thought it went on a little long.

Pyro reflection is buffed. 20% less ammo used, 25% faster ROF, all reflections are mini-crits.

Bonk no longer slows the user after use. Crit-a-Cola makes Scout give and take mini-crits for 6 seconds.

Targe now does twice as much damage when you charge into someone (plus extra damage per head).

AND MORE!

As an avid TF2 player, I gotta say freaking kudo's to Valve for changing Pyro. In my personal profound opinion, it means less W+M1 and more leet hax on the part of those who were leet hax with pyro to begin with. QQ firenubs.

Sidegrade ftw.

I'm an avid pyro player, and I actually agree with the nerf to overall damage but buff to rocket bounce. I think it will lead to a more tactical play, and I can definitely see myself using the bounce back more.

What he said, but in better English.

Heavy buff is so amazing. Scouts aren't as effective against me now since I can spin up so fast and kill em in seconds.

I like how Bonk! is no longer obsolete. It now has a recharge (like Sandman) though. Still, it is a lot better.

Apparently, this update was supposed to be for beta players.

Don't know how accurate this is, it's on SPUFU.

I see it as a large scale test. I expect a few more updates changing some of the numbers, adding and subtracting sidegrades and the like in the next few weeks.

they've done it before, where several updates would come in waves as they changed the weapons to make them fit.

go valve.

I'm pretty sure I'll like these changes, but will need to play with them each for a verdict. On a related note, does anyone have the Pyromancer achievement? It seems like that would take quite some time to get.

I'm pretty sure I'll like these changes, but will need to play with them each for a verdict. On a related note, does anyone have the Pyromancer achievement? It seems like that would take quite some time to get.

I just checked my page, it's not even counting it for some reason. Despite having burned people, I'm still at 0/1,000,000.

Yeah, I think Pyromancer doesn't work for a lot of people (me included).

Apparently Valve f*cked up since engineers are now able to build unlimited amounts of sentries and dispensers. Good for engineers but also good for spies! Although its ruined a few games already.

New update makes Backburner do 20% more damage than the flamethrower and flaregun burns people for a full 10 seconds again.

Back